It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The UN Meets on Looming WWIII

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Just seen that the UN Sec Council have decided to deploy unarmed monitors into Syria, where does this leave us?
It was a unianimous vote, which is quite surprising as this motion has been vetoed before but now it seems to have changed. I am confused as to where this is going to lead us or how it will help the Syrian people?

On the topic of nukes, it's not a "one rule for one country, another for the rest" - if a country has nukes, it is only right they should declare they have them, in my opinion.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by My_Reality
reply to post by jjf3rd77

No matter how you sugar coat what you are saying it basically amounts to this:
The USA can take steps to defend itself from foreign aggression. Enemies of the USA cannot. If they do, they must suffer the wrath of the USA.

Why DOES Iran need to defend itself if it is not making Nuclear Weapons. If it just showed us everything it is doing then we would leave them alone! We might be satisfied to learn what exactly they are doing with their energy except they are just claiming these things without undeniable proof!

1) The building of bomb shelters and facilities thousands of feet underground.....America did that during the cold war. Are you saying that Iranians cannot have underground bases and shelters but Americans can? Illogical.

Again, why would they NEED to build underground shelters if they were not building Nuclear Weapons. I find it highly unlikely they want to hide cancer research down there. So you feel safe with a religious totalitarian regime that has access to these weapons, but you do not feel safe in America where we only have used nukes one time and the rest was used as threats to combat destabilizing.

4) They have been choosing its business partners and allies quite questionably......The USA has been doing this since the great depression. Where is your outcry against questionable american alliances?

Please name our questionable business partners that we have not re-looked or kept an eye on.

It's a shame we can't treat with these nations with honesty and integrity. It goes along way.

Here is some news. They don't trust you either. I am not surprised at all of these turn of events. It is to be expected when your country scorns diplomacy for the straight forward method of hostile takeover. It is bound to create enemies. What I can't seem to grasp is how people in the states consider these things hostile actions when they are in fact reactions to hostility.

Yes, I don't trust them neither does most of the international community in gov't and yet, you think we should treat them with honesty and respect? How would that really work out until they pull a fast one on us like North Korea and the whole thing tumbles down. It is unequivocally clear that the Obama peace talks are not working. Iran has no intentions of stopping. They even said, that they have the power to make a bomb. Our enemies are mocking us and all you can say is that we deserve it!

So what makes you think that a totalitarian religiously motivated regime will use nuclear weapons with honesty and respect??? Why is it ok for Iranians leaders to invest all of their foreign aid moneys to their program. Speed it up, and leave their people starving to death. Same case in North korea, except instead of public executions they have concentration camps. Serious man, you are defending the WRONG side here! Iran or North Korea will not hesitate to kill you if you go over there.
edit on 14-4-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wonderer2012
reply to post by UnlimitedSky

Great post, agree 100%.

Some people just can't open their minds to the truth, it may well be a defense mechanism, to admit the truth would be too much for some people.

When we top up the petrol in our cars, we are funding murder. We may not like that but it's the sad the reality of the world- our freedoms in the West are born from the exploitation and murder of those countries we target for resources. It isn't new, its been going on since mankind began.

The most curious thing to me is that every time someone points out what Iran is up to the shills come out to bash the US of A. Can't we have a discussion about Iran without US bashing? It's obvious some people's hatred of US is keeping them from seeing what's going on in Iran.

Why must the conversation always change course? Is that your defense mechanism? 

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by jjf3rd77

Originally posted by freewestray
Good post but IMO only a child would think that the above was an act of war.

Only a "child type leader" would send a model drone to a sitting US President in a box!

Maybe think about the unboxed drone that was sent to him first. I applaud a little joking in the face of territorial incursions.

A boxed toy drone is not an act of war... But one could argue that a fully functional, weapons-hot drone violating sovereign airspace of another country with the intent to identify targets is an act of war.

Who says Iran needs all that fuel for cancer research? They have been upfront about energy shortages. They have allowed UN inspections, until those turned into a propaganda tool, and rehashed old data and spun it into a case for war. Iran needs power, and is entitled to pursue nuclear power under the NPT.

I won't discredit this post because of the inclusion of the fools you listed above, but it is already discredited by the old lies that just keep coming back. Have you figured out yet that main stream media (and its indentured servants) are propaganda tools? Did you realize that by passing this on, you have become their tool, too?

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Evey86

On the topic of nukes, it's not a "one rule for one country, another for the rest" - if a country has nukes, it is only right they should declare they have them, in my opinion.

Why must you muddy the waters? The fact is that Iran made certain concessions when it willingly signed the NPT and now that Iran got what it wanted it's refusing to fulfill it's obligations under the treaty. 

If Iran felt it was unfair then they shouldn't have signed the damn thing...but they did!! So now the UN is wrong for making Iran stick to it's word?? I don't get that logic. 

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by CrikeyMagnet

Who says Iran needs all that fuel for cancer research? They have been upfront about energy shortages. They have allowed UN inspections, until those turned into a propaganda tool, and rehashed old data and spun it into a case for war. Iran needs power, and is entitled to pursue nuclear power under the NPT.

I won't discredit this post because of the inclusion of the fools you listed above, but it is already discredited by the old lies that just keep coming back. Have you figured out yet that main stream media (and its indentured servants) are propaganda tools? Did you realize that by passing this on, you have become their tool, too?

So you are yelling at me for defending my own country. And yet, you say I am spreading US propaganda without even thinking that Iran might be lying to us? Why is Iran a country ruled by religious radicals would use nuclear weapons wisely? Seriously, you liberals are thinking about this all wrong, thinking that Iran has higher standards than the US when they do not!!!!

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

I dont think I am muddying the waters so to speak, I agree with your point that Iran signed the treaty & if a country signs a treaty, not only is it legal & binding but in my opinon, an act of trust between countries too.

But I dont understand the "Iran got what they want"?
I will admit, I am certainly no expert on this matter but at the moment I'm aware that the UK, US, France, China, Russia, Germany & Iran (collectively the P5+1) are meeting in Istanbul to discuss the matter and all Im hearing from mainstream media is loose talk of war, so I'd rather stay on here & read more about it, as much as we all may differ on this, I admire you for denying ignorance.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by QUANTUMGR4V17Y

Oh, wait! Neither do we! And neither does Israel! You better call the UN and get some troops sent over to protect the world from the crazy Americans, who seem to be spreading their empire throughout the entire middle east (under false pretenses thus far), and murdering hundreds of thousands (millions?) of civilians!

You can't say "ask them for proof" when you are the one making the accusations. Innocent until proven guilty? Or is this Minority Report, and we're doing pre-crime now?

But it's perfectly acceptable for the Middle East to go on and murder their own citizens as long as we stay out their way it's all good! Yes, we have been asking for proof of these Nukes for years and Iran has refused to show them to us!!! It's not a huge American evil conspiracy. It's just playing dumb by Iran because they are mocking us! You are picking the wrong battle here, my friend. Sure, America can easily blow up all of Iran and any other country. But we don't. If we were truly that evil we would. But we don't! I wonder why? Is it because we have some moral high ground where that thing is concerned? Whereas North Korea and Iran will not hesitate to use such Nukes especially if the right parties insulted them or their religious traditions
edit on 13-4-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

Sheesh. This is complete nonsense. The U.S. has ZERO moral authority, what they have is the MEDIA to try and sell us on the illusion that they do.

You can lead a sheep to water but you can't make him think.
edit on 14-4-2012 by CourageousEyesoftheHeart because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77

You are honestly going to believe everything that the US and Israeli Govt tell you, especially after the lies they told us to get us to support war with Iraq?
Look what that lie cost us, 8 or so years of war, thousands of young soldiers dead or maimed, hundreds of thousands of Iraqi men, women and children dead or maimed and a country destroyed.
Unbelievable

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by CourageousEyesoftheHeart

Sheesh. This is complete nonsense. The U.S. has ZERO moral authority, what they have is the MEDIA to try and sell us on the illusion that they do.

Then I question again, why don't we blow them out of the way right now?

Personalized generalization attacks won't help the blind when they cannot see.

See I can make catchy little remarks like that as well.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Evey86

But I dont understand the "Iran got what they want"?

They got the technology to produce nuclear material and the OK to do so openly. The NPT limited Iran to only enriching uranium to a certain level for energy purposes and stipulated that it must allow inspectors and must not work on the means to weaponize nuclear material. They have violated all of their obligations. 

I will admit, I am certainly no expert on this matter but at the moment I'm aware that the UK, US, France, China, Russia, Germany & Iran (collectively the P5+1) are meeting in Istanbul to discuss the matter and all Im hearing from mainstream media is loose talk of war,

I'm certainly not advocating war but something must be done to bring Iran into compliance. They made a legal and binding agreement. Sadly, most people want to dodge that fact and instead focus on what US and Israel are doing. 

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   

So you are yelling at me for defending my own country.

And yet, you say I am spreading US propaganda without even thinking that Iran might be lying to us?

Why is Iran a country ruled by religious radicals would use nuclear weapons wisely?

Seriously, you liberals are thinking about this all wrong, thinking that Iran has higher standards than the US when they do not!!!!

No. People are yelling at you for defending the LEADERS of this country. There is a BIG difference, and if you can't see that I'm sorry. I truly am.

That's exactly what you're doing. If I were Iran I'd be lying to the U.S. leaders too. They don't deserve honesty from anyone because they don't give it. They give political speak. They talk for an hour and don't say a damn thing and that's because they don't know what the hell they're doing. You honestly think our leaders run for office because they CARE about our best interests and are actually qualified to do the job we elect them to do? Let's assume for the sake of argument they do. Look at the unemployment numbers. The crime rate. The real estate market. The number of lobbyists who influence them. Their bank accounts when they take office. Their bank accounts when they LEAVE office. The number of "Police actions" and wars we're involved in. If that's the way they "care" about me, I want them to stop caring. Now.

And ours isn't? Are you blind?

You're thinking about this all wrong by wanting one country to have "higher moral standards" than another. Why can't we all be on the same page for once. Why can't we all just look at each other as fellow human beings? We are you know. It doesn't take rocket science to figure it out. And this isn't isolationism either. Now North Korea.....That's isolationism. We still do commerce with the rest of the world, help them when they need us and take two of our NFL team to England once a year so the blue-bloods can laugh at our silly game.

Why can't we just bring our troops home, defend our borders and airspace from here? Spend the money that we do on wars and get our people back to work. Because if we do then we'd be "letting our guard down" and the big bad boogeymen would come get us because they're envious of our way of life? That's the argument I get all the time. "The rest of the world is envious of our standard of living and want to to take it away from us." I got news for you....We don't HAVE a standard of living to be envious of. The rest of the world feels sorry for us and I don't hold it against them. Both Germany and Japan are doing WAY better than us. Remember them? Remember how we kicked their a** once upon a time? Look at them now and then look at us. You see the Middle East want to take them on? No. You know why? Because they LEAVE PEOPLE ALONE and take care of their own. That's why they have a high standard of living, few if any enemies and we don't. It's all very simple really.

Why people can't see this is beyond me. It really is.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by CourageousEyesoftheHeart

Then I question again, why don't we blow them out of the way right now?

Personalized generalization attacks won't help the blind when they cannot see.

See I can make catchy little remarks like that as well.

You don't blow them out of the way right now because the blow back from the entire world would destroy America's media illusion of having high moral authority.

Why does America use depleted uranium in civilian areas and also allow their own soldiers to be around that poison? Is this what someone with high moral authority does with nuclear weapons?

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by satron
I would be building bomb shelters too, if I ran a country being threaten by foreign powers, because I'd want to protect my people.

Poor,poor, Iran. So, so misunderstood. All they want out of life is to herd goats and camels and have nuclear electricity and cure cancer.
And blow people up. And create caos. And instigate War.
Yeah, poor poor misunderstood Iran.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
OK, alright, you win! Lets just get it all over with and self annihilate the whole human race! I would rather not see us develop enough to spread like a virus into the cosmos anyway!

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Omg Iran is gonna get a nuke and use it on Israel

First of all, i could care less if they did but being the realistic person that I am, I know that even if they did get a nuke, they wouldnt use it because they know if they did, the entire world community would come down on top of them.
They may seem crazy but theyre not stupid.

The same crap was spread around when N Korea got their nuke, hell they regularly threatened to turn Soul into a sea of flames. Have they used a nuke on them? No they havent and they wont, just as Iran wouldnt use one on Israel.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
They had every right to take our drone, just as we would have obviously done, then denied it existed.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by dtaonats
They had every right to take our drone, just as we would have obviously done, then denied it existed.

Personally i think the CIA let them think they hacked the drone. the trojan horse if you will. Does anyone have a clue where the drone is now? I am sure the CIA do though.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Taupin Desciple

No. People are yelling at you for defending the LEADERS of this country. There is a BIG difference, and if you can't see that I'm sorry. I truly am.

No, I am defending MY country because guess what, if WWIII breaks out, it will be these three countries' fault for not adhering to the international communities' laws, then it will be US who gets killed and destroyed, not our leaders.... They will be completely safe.

If I were Iran I'd be lying to the U.S. leaders too.

And ours isn't? Are you blind?

What religion rules our country again?

You're thinking about this all wrong by wanting one country to have "higher moral standards" than another. Why can't we all be on the same page for once. Why can't we all just look at each other as fellow human beings?

Well good luck with that wet dream, please post it on here when it happens! Really you want North Korea a place that very much resembles Nazi Germany to somehow evolve and learn how to treat their people like Gods? Oh wait, that must be US's fault as well!

Why can't we just bring our troops home, defend our borders and airspace from here? Spend the money that we do on wars and get our people back to work. Because if we do then we'd be "letting our guard down" and the big bad boogeymen would come get us because they're envious of our way of life? That's the argument I get all the time. "The rest of the world is envious of our standard of living and want to to take it away from us." I got news for you....We don't HAVE a standard of living to be envious of. The rest of the world feels sorry for us and I don't hold it against them. Both Germany and Japan are doing WAY better than us. Remember them? Remember how we kicked their a** once upon a time? Look at them now and then look at us. You see the Middle East want to take them on? No. You know why? Because they LEAVE PEOPLE ALONE and take care of their own. That's why they have a high standard of living, few if any enemies and we don't. It's all very simple really.

Look, I'm going to guess your quite young and naive. But complaining about NOT having your ideal world is NOT going to help your cause whatever that may be. People attack us for numerous reasons and yes in the past they have attacked us because they hate out system. Iran frequently calls us the Evil Empire or something along those lines. There are things that you and I don't know about that are considered threats and which could lead to acts of war. However, you expect me to believe that you, probably a kid, knows more about international tensions, laws, policies, and culture than the rest of the world governments combined?? If we become isolationists and not keep on eye on everyone we wouldn't know what's going on in the world and by the time someone does attack us for some random reason, it will be too late to figure out what and why it happened!

Your ideal world view is NEVER going to happen, so get over it! It's too late, the world is globalized now.
edit on 14-4-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Because they are not using it for energy purposes. Where are these nuclear powers plants that they claim to be making? Where are all the applications they are using Nuclear Power on? Actually their economy may be crippling but Iran is more powerful than ever because they get direct control on their oil thanks to the sanctions. I am sick of people who endlessly defend Iran and do not understand the circumstances of what they are talking about and continue to blame America for all of the world's problems.

^^^ This, I agree that the US government has done some horrible things, but to say our government is the reason for the worlds problems is asinine.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join