It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO? Who Ya Gonna Call?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
If you call the airport to report a UFO, here's what the FAA has instructed them to tell you:
www.faa.gov...

U.S. DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION
FEDERAL AVIATION ADMINISTRATION
Air Traffic Organization Policy

ORDER JO 7110.65U Effective Date: February 9, 2012

Subject: Air Traffic Control

Section 8. Unidentified Flying Object (UFO) Reports

9-8-1. GENERAL

a. Persons wanting to report UFO/unexplained phenomena activity should contact a UFO/ unexplained phenomena reporting data collection center, such as Bigelow Aerospace Advanced Space Studies (BAASS) (voice: 1-877-979-7444 or e-mail: [email protected]), the National UFO Reporting Center, etc.

b. If concern is expressed that life or property might be endangered, report the activity to the local law enforcement department.

Note that while NUFORC is mentioned, no telephone number is provided.
MUFON is not mentioned.

Has anyone here reported a sighting to BAASS?
Is their database of reports publicly available?

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Persons wanting to report UFO/unexplained phenomena activity should contact a UFO/ unexplained phenomena reporting data collection center, such as Bigelow Aerospace Advanced Space Studies

I think MUFON would fall under this

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I have actually reported twice, but both times I did it online, through the National UFO Reporting Center. Of course, this is for the United States only.

www.nuforc.org...

For the United Kingdom, go to: www.uk-ufo.co.uk...

I wouldn't call anybody. Online is the way to go.

link   
Just give them a call ?

I didn't find an online archive but a rather interesting article about Mr Bigelow.

link   
I've seen a few UFO's. None worthy of reporting. Just for stories to tell to my friends and family.
Weird they didn't include the number.
Maybe the person receiving the email already has the number on file?

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

You are implying that MUFON is a subsidiary of BAASS? Hmmm! There is smoke...

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by CardDown

Is their database of reports publicly available?

No. It is a private company.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   

no, it says reporting agencies SUCH AS, so MUFON would fall under that

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by H1ght3chHippie
I didn't find an online archive but a rather interesting article about Mr Bigelow.

Thanks, that is interesting, and it confirms some stories I'd heard about the ties between MUFON and Bigelow.

Since The FAA only mentions Bigelow's contact information, I imagine that's all most people will bother to use. Any reports made to them will likely vanish forever. As it has been pointed out, BAASS is a private company.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by CardDown

Originally posted by H1ght3chHippie

Thanks, that is interesting, and it confirms some stories I'd heard about the ties between MUFON and Bigelow.

Hi CardDown,

You don't need to rely on "stories" about ties between MUFON and Bigelow. The link/funding were openly acknowledged by MUFON. Indeed, you can read the contract between the MUFON and Bigelow's company online. See:
MUFON's contract with Robert Bigelow's company (the "Buyer")

edit on 13-4-2012 by IsaacKoi because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   

I dont blame them for not having a phone number. People are constantly seeing ufos so imagine how tied up their phone lines would be.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by eyesontheskies

A phone number is not really an issue, it is who is listed as a contact.
There was plenty of room on that FAA document to print the words
"mufon.com, nuforc.org" before "etc".

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Hiya CD. As far as I know, the BAASS agreement with MUFON is no longer.

They parted ways last year amid a lot of controversy and part of MUFON's change of HQ is intended to signal a return to the credibility they had in their earlier years. Some say BAASS pulled out of the deal when they'd secured access to the archival case-files and personal details of witnesses.

Whether they pulled out solely for this reason is known only to the higher-ups of MUFON and BAASS.

Whatever the facts of the situation, there's been fallout from NARCAP, MUFON and NUFORC over the FAA seemingly supporting BAASS above them.

I guess it could be argued that a lot of information (reports, patterns, demographics etc) is drawn into these organisations and doesn't always come back out to the public. In the case of BAASS and Bigelow, they tend to function alongside non-disclosure agreements so what goes in essentially vanishes from the public domain. With the suspension of NIDS, very little has come out of Bigelow's ongoing interests in unusual sightings reports.

This has generated a lot of conspiracy and doubts, but perhaps the BAASS folk are trying to keep a clean database? A closed system is less vulnerable to reports being generated by popular culture.

Peter Davenport (NUFORC) has long been dismayed by the volume of hoax callers and general idiots who waste his time. MUFON, in my opinion, are in some ways stuck in a feedback loop whereby several UFO writers rely on their reports for articles. This means it's hard to rule out the idea that some reports are erroneous and posted to provide source material by the same writers or associates. One or two pay-per-click Examiner writers are heavily reliant on the MUFON reports.

Notwithstanding Bigelow's influence in aerospace, BAASS might be more appealing to the FAA because the reports have no accountability and they can't be accused of suppressing witness testimony. They won't be subject to articles, books or unwanted publicity.

Of course, the lack of transparency is always ripe for speculation.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
LOL

b. If concern is expressed that life or property might be endangered, report the activity to the local law enforcement department.

What are the police going to do about a UFO threatening your life or property?

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by ancientaliendeception
LOL

What are the police going to do about a UFO threatening your life or property?

simply say: HALT PUT YOUR HANDS/TENTACLES/TALONS UP AND STEP AWAY FROM THE FLYING SAUCER

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Bigelow Aeronautics owned by Robert Bigelow is a self serving organisation based in Nevada that is in no shape or form making nobel choices in the UFO field. Bigelow hires former law enforcement to investigate UFO sightings and has a special team of people ready to go in the event of a reported UFO crash. Their intention is to recover the crashed vehicle to keep it for themselves and make money off the technology. They are no better then our black ops government. During the Cleveland Ohio sightings Bigelow had his investigators calling and interrogating the eye witnesses where these craft were appearing. I always felt this would be the type of person who would attempt to take down an alien craft if he could. I personally interviewed Eugene Erlikh who was the main individual reporting these "sightings" sadly, it was concluded Mr. Erikh was filming incoming airplanes over lake Erie after an investigation by MUFON investigator Tom Wertman.So Bigelow wasted ther time. UFOs are seen over lake Erie, just not the ones Mr. Erlikh was filming every night at the same time. Bigelow is bad news and they want to get their hands on this technology to patent it and make money. While the rest of us pay $5.00 or more for a gallon of gasoline they will have the anti gravity technology and time travel.

top topics

join