It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Concentration Camps Opening in Greece?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Does it sound far-fetched? Well it's happening...

In a move reminiscent of Nazi Germany, Greece is now opening up concentration camps around the country. Who will be detained in these camps you ask?

The incarcerates will be undocumented – meaning unwanted – refugees flooding in from North Africa, particularly the once prosperous and richest country in the Maghreb belt, namely Libya.

Most of the Mediterranean countries are in the thick of the refugee tide, but Greece is so far the only country that plans to compulsorily pen them up.

The first ‘reception center’ is scheduled to open at a former army base near Athens in the next few weeks.

An official was quoted as saying:

“We have a commitment to start operating these closed-hospitality centers, and we will keep to that commitment. The first centre will operate before the general election in greater Athens, and it will act as a model to show Greek citizens that these facilities are safe for the public and will operate to high standards of health and hygiene,” he said.
link

Doesn’t that sound a lot like the Nazi concentration camps established for the “heath and hygiene” of Jews? Is this a sign of things to come as economies around the world begin to collapse? Seems an awful lot like the FEMA CAMPS popping up all over America.

Basically they are going to begin rounding up foreign immigrants and locking them away. How’s that for a pro-immigration policy? They are trying to justify this move by blaming the nation’s crime on immigrants.

How about this for sheer humbug, flying in the face of everything that is known about crime in Greece: “On the basis of arrests and investigations we believe that up to 70% of violent crime is perpetrated by foreigners and I say this without wishing to demonize migrants,” said police spokesman Thanassis Kouklakis.

Could the police state in America use that justification and begin blaming the people deemed ‘domestic terrorists’ for committing all of the crimes and civil unrest in America? Will they tell us it’s for our own “health and hygiene?”

edit on 13-4-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Can't help but think of the 2004 olympics and the stadium and crazy surveillance infrastructure they left behind.

"The sports facilities are the detention/relocation camps..." ?

if you actually look at that thread, start at the end. Examples from all over the world...

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Lets see if the Greek Military,would put their brothers and sisters in them.

The only way this could happen,is if "outside" troops,do the dirty work.

I think the refugees need to bypass Greece....

edit on 13-4-2012 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

If people were protesting this, would you make a thread saying "Get your popcorn out" or" They can't be trusted"???

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by satron

If people were protesting this, would you make a thread saying "Get your popcorn out" or" They can't be trusted"???

Actually they’re doing it to get votes!

Many people apparently want this. They oppose the EU/IMF austerity package and see the immigrants as the reason for their economic troubles. At least that's what I gleaned from the article.

edit on 13-4-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Concentration camps, internment camps, now they're calling them closed-hospitality centers?

Thanks for the heads up, seabag. I doubt if this will fly though. Greece's locals have a way of demonstrating their disgust for the government and I don't think they'll react any differently to this either. I wonder how many of these illegals are relatives and friends of the locals?

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
We have one of those too. It's called guantanamo bay

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by XxRagingxPandaxX
We have one of those too. It's called guantanamo bay

Funny

It's not in America, there's only one and we're not throwing US citizens or migrant workers in there. Seems more like our FEMA camps to me.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Lol, you have to laugh at the terminology these people use "closed hospitality center". What a crock.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I have yet to be shown an active FEMA camps working indigent citizens to poor health them mass burying them in FEMA COFFINS or taken away in rail box cars. Perhaps this will take place in Greece, if so who among you would do anything about it?
FEMA camps still make me laugh but , time my make me rehthink my position

ETA: a working sink/toilet would be welcome in my Astro van as would an air mattress that held all its air.
edit on 13-4-2012 by rebellender because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought

Count on the only luxuries being a half-way decent mattress and working sink/toilet.

They should promote these units, bring in a little tourism.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

People really need to stand up and take notice of these events. History is repeating itself. The really is: what will you/we do to stop it?

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Greece opens detention facility

ATHENS (Reuters) - Greece opened its first purpose-built detention centre for illegal migrants on Sunday in Athens, a week before a national election where illegal immigration has emerged as a key issue.

I added this because the search worked for the first time....

This is game time ladies and gentlemen.... the PTB or competing agency, has found a way to begin using camps again...

They will monitor how the Greek citizens respond to camps... with approval so far

s and f

again overlooked it seems

new topics

top topics

join