It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cornwall eye-gouge man Shane Jenkin admits blinding girlfriend

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   

A man who blinded his girlfriend by gouging her eyes has admitted causing grievous bodily harm with intent.

Shane Jenkin, 33, of Sea Lane, Hayle, Cornwall, also severely beat Tina Nash, fracturing her jaw and breaking her nose, Truro Crown Court heard.

He was arrested after assaulting the 31-year-old mother of two at her house in Hayle on 20 April last year.

Jenkin, who had attacked her before, kept Ms Nash imprisoned for 12 hours after the attack, the court heard.

www.bbc.co.uk...

I'm only posting this because I actually know this guy, and had a couple of run-ins with him a few years ago.

As you can imagine this has caused quite an uproar in a fairly rural area.

He's basically a thief/burglar who hits the weights in prison, and gets his size from steroid use.

A bully and a wannabe thug - this is a truly disgusting story, made worse by the fact that he had repeatedly beaten this woman (who is tiny) who then kept taking him back and dropping charges thus keeping him out of prison.

He was originally charged with attempted murder, but the charges were dropped to GBH with intent after he agreed to plead guilty.

He will be sentenced next month, but in my view they should basically throw away the key.

With any luck, a proper prison hard man will get "involved" and give him exactly what he deserves.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
This story is highly disturbing.

Too bad the UK doesn't practice "an eye for an eye". I think a fair punishment would be to gouge this guy's eyes out, then dump him in the middle of nowhere and tell him good luck.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
This incident was shocking to say the least, not just in it's savagery but the length of time the attack went on for. I would like to see him hanged for what he put that woman through

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by FissionSurplus
This story is highly disturbing.

Too bad the UK doesn't practice "an eye for an eye". I think a fair punishment would be to gouge this guy's eyes out, then dump him in the middle of nowhere and tell him good luck.

I'm pretty sure something like that will happen to him in prison, except for being dumped in the middle of nowhere.

He's a pretty big bloke, but it's all "juice" muscle.

I imagine meeting a true hard man in prison will take the wind out of his sails - hopefully literally.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Atzil321
This incident was shocking to say the least, not just in it's savagery but the length of time the attack went on for. I would like to see him hanged for what he put that woman through

Suffice to say that there are a lot of people who want to have a chat with him, in a quiet place.

He's originally from penzance and has a bit of a "rep" but mostly for beating up easy targets.

Like I said, I had a couple of run ins with him and after that he didn't come near me again.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

There wasan interview with the woman on BBC Radio this lunchtime and you could hear in her voice that she appears to be contemplating ending her suffering,it was pretty heartbreaking to listen to,still as you say,perhaps a true hardman or psychopath will meet that monster head on in one of her majesty's institutions and redress the balance.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Imagine never being able to see your kids again because of that vile waste of air.
Hopefully someone puts him in his rightful place, preferably 6 foot under.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by nake13
reply to post by budski

There wasan interview with the woman on BBC Radio this lunchtime and you could hear in her voice that she appears to be contemplating ending her suffering,it was pretty heartbreaking to listen to,still as you say,perhaps a true hardman or psychopath will meet that monster head on in one of her majesty's institutions and redress the balance.

meh, I'm no hard man but he didn't give me any problems even after trying to attack me from behind.

He thinks he's hard, but I'm betting he bricks it when some bank robbing nutter comes after him inside.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

Yeah man, seen this all over the news, the guy sounds like a wanker.
Glad he didn't give you any grief mate. (Physically)

Let's hope he gets his comeuppance inside eh?

edit on 13/4/12 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup
reply to post by budski

Yeah man, seen this all over the news, the guy sounds like a wanker.
Glad he didn't give you any grief mate. (Physically)

Let's hope he gets his comeuppance inside eh?

edit on 13/4/12 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

lol, he tried to smack me in the back of the head after following me out of the pub - I was watching his shadow, ducked and gave him an elbow which laid him out, then a couple of weeks later he came after me again saying "you only knocked me down cos I was pissed" so I said "OK we're both sober now, go for it" - same result.
He's big but he can't fight, which is why he picks easy targets.
Or did - doubt he'll find many of them where he's going.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

Indeed, I doubt he will either.

Good on ya mate.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
The other major problem here is the plea bargain which saw the charges reduced.

This happens simply so that the government and judiciary can save money on going to trial, and it has happened without any public consultation as usual.

I have little doubt that if this had gone to trial instead of a plea bargain then straight to sentencing this scum would serve at least 10 more years in prison than he is going to.

Politicians who wonder why we don't trust them should look at cases like this, and others where violent thugs have been let out early due to a plea bargain then gone on to commit more crimes.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

budski, i salute you from the north.

this crap needs dealing with as a priority. bullies need exposing for all to be aware of. a litre of ssri from a blunderbuster may level the mood.

fakedirt.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

Isn't this what Ken Clarke wanted?

If someone pleads guilty their sentence gets halved?

Not matter what...

Such a tool.

Although probably been practice for some time.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup
reply to post by budski

Isn't this what Ken Clarke wanted?

If someone pleads guilty their sentence gets halved?

Not matter what...

Such a tool.

Although probably been practice for some time.

It's been standard practice for ages mate, all on the quiet and is simply a cost saving exercise.

The muppets in government don't care as they are never going to be affected by this issue - once again it's the peons who suffer while the idiots in government express faux outrage when some thug carries on where he left off after a soft sentence.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

Yeah I thought as much... they really are clueless.
They're hard on soft crimes and soft on serious crimes.

Makes no sense at all.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

You should read the new sentencing guidelines for drugs mate - dealers must be rubbing their hands at the amount they need to be caught with before prison becomes an option, and I mean hard drugs...

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

Well I personally think the "War on Drugs" is the biggest waste of money going and that by legalising most if not all drugs, they could regulate, tax and sort out the drugs problem... and boost the economy.
And stop people having to associate with criminals and gangs in order to get their fix..

But that's another story for another thread.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

Agreed - was talking about how things stand at the moment

The thing is, this thug will be out in 4-5 years and free to do whatever he wants.

hell, I know another guy in the town here who was involved in a pub fight where a bloke died - he got 2 years and had to wear a tag fro 6 months, and he was instrumental in starting the fight.

Beggars belief.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

I know man.... our justice system is a joke.
There was a guy here who was speeding on the wrong side of the road, hit a motorcyclist and left him severely damaged and never being able to play sports again.

The guy has had like 10 convictions before... and he got 12 months and was out in 3.... nearly killed a guy and left him basically crippled... and gets 3 months.

The system is an absolute joke.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join