It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

YouTube is censoring on a VERY large scale: 100% PROOF

page: 1
10

log in

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   
First off for some background info that is important, YouTube organizes its videos differently according to the country your in. I will refer to the worldwide version in this thread unless otherwise noted

for quite a few weeks now I have noticed that YouTube has changed their overall layout.
If you take a look now, the most viewed page is complete garbage, bugged, outdated, and very limited

This is what my (Canadian) YouTube front page has looked like for WEEKS now, its the same EVERY SINGLE DAY



Every single one of these videos was uploaded FOUR WEEKS AGO

When you click most viewed


Things to note:
-There is no longer 3-5 pages to scroll through with most viewed. Only 1 page
-The video is NOT most viewed, they are simply videos which YouTube selects and deems "popular"
-The videos are outdated, and utter garbage!

Alright, now lets turn to worldwide




Ok, most viewed, looks like the videos were uploaded recently. Lets look further



Once again, ONLY 1 PAGE to scroll through. What happend to all the other pages??
Also, YouTube automatically selects these according to their algorithm. What happened to the actual most viewed page??



Now lets go through the various categories on the side...

Auto & Vehicles


Comedy


Entertainment


Film & Animation


Gaming


Howto & Style


Nonprofits & Activism


People & Blogs


Pets & Animals


Science & Technology


Sports


Travel & Events



I want to bring your attention to the Non Profits & Activism



Kony 2012 was uploaded on March 5
Every single other video in this section is ALSO uploaded on either March 5 or March 6

Why is it that out of all the days that they pick to lock the most viewed at, its on the EXACT same day that Kony 2012 was uploaded?
VERY fishy IMO

In general I would say, YouTube is going to #. You would expect to see such a website improve and expand its users accessibility to videos. But instead they doing the exact opposite!

You can verify all of the above yourself by looking at the worldwide version of youtube
And please share how your YouTube looks according to your country




posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Youtube = Google.

Google = Censorship on whatever they deem 'unfit'.

This isn't a shock is it? I thought it was common knowledge our internet is frequently censored.



posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I tend to agree with you. The only thing I'd add is that Youtube doesn't just decide to put up any vids on the front page. No, they put youtubers that pay them on the front page and claim that this is the most popular video that day / week etc. So we get to see that annoying woman and her chest even more than would we would do normally.

Its outrageous the way that google is making changes to youtube. There are youtube videos on the subject although I've read that some of these videos criticising youtube have also been removed.

The only reason I use youtube is because it has the most content. We are at a stage where it is almost the only place in town. However, if somebody with financial backing, decides to make a serious rival to youtube then many people will abandon youtube... Heres hoping....



posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by AaronWilson
Youtube = Google.

Google = Censorship on whatever they deem 'unfit'.

This isn't a shock is it? I thought it was common knowledge our internet is frequently censored.


It is a shock to some, that's why I'm sharing this with others.
Many people have the perception that the internet is the last place where you would witness systematic censorship on such a large scale, yet that is far from the truth






In George Orwell’s “1984,” government censors erase all traces of news articles embarrassing to Big Brother by sending them down an incineration chute called the “memory hole.”

On Friday, it was “1984” and another Orwell book, “Animal Farm,” that were dropped down the memory hole — by Amazon.com.

www.nytimes.com...


3. Censorship! This website, visiblechildren.tumblr.com ... which questions Invisible Children's legitimacy HAS BEEN BLOCKED FROM FACEBOOK.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 13-4-2012 by seenavv because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
People actually watch videos from the main page?

I just search and watch related videos on the side bar if they look interesting, otherwise I search again.



posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I wouldn't exactly call this evidence of censorship... i'd call it, more or less... a snapshot of modern day culture, and a look inside the minds of millions, on a global scale. Hahahaha... interesting to say the least. Lol.



posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
ive noticed the same thing too......
i hate this world. i dislike the fact that i cant buy fun conspiracy books anymore thanks to the kindle and ipad comming out i cant just go to a bookstore and get a good ole' paperback print.
there going out of business



posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by freethinker123
I tend to agree with you. The only thing I'd add is that Youtube doesn't just decide to put up any vids on the front page. No, they put youtubers that pay them on the front page and claim that this is the most popular video that day / week etc. So we get to see that annoying woman and her chest even more than would we would do normally.

Its outrageous the way that google is making changes to youtube. There are youtube videos on the subject although I've read that some of these videos criticising youtube have also been removed.

The only reason I use youtube is because it has the most content. We are at a stage where it is almost the only place in town. However, if somebody with financial backing, decides to make a serious rival to youtube then many people will abandon youtube... Heres hoping....


Yeah I have recently been using Liveleak as my video website of choice. There is pretty much no censorship (that I have seen), and there are some pretty grusome (sp?) graphic videos (which I try to avoid) but still it gives the user the choice of what they want to see.. I personally think that with a little website editing it could surpass youtube in terms of functionality and without the censorship.



posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by seenavv
 


Hi see
Thanks for taking the time and doing the work.
Wake up sheeple! Every thing is manipulated by the media giants.
They want it all. Not much left for them to get now though but our guns.
flag ljb



posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
we need people who are interested, to come up with new venues for these videos and search engines. they need to start WeTube, of the people by the people and for the people. put them out of business and send a message, we don't want your censorship!!!



posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
see..... now that all these web search and social media companies have everybody hooked and, basicaly, dependent on them for thier daily activities....now they will begin to manipulte what you think you are 'freely' chosing. we really are in the 'frog in the heating kettle' syndrom. its been a long time comming............
'none are more enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free'



posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by LittleBlackEagle
we need people who are interested, to come up with new venues for these videos and search engines. they need to start WeTube, of the people by the people and for the people. put them out of business and send a message, we don't want your censorship!!!


Hi little,
Isn't that what ATS is all about?
Got some vids that you want to post?
Stay within the rules and you got it.
the best ljb



posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I would not necessarily call this censorship.

Did you know YouTube and Google customize your searches and home pages to recently viewed or inquired topics. Your YouTube page reflects similar videos to ones recently viewed and may have now included your Google searching queries. So your home page has just given us a view into what and who you are….

Based on some of the videos I see, I would say you have an interesting taste.


Censorship exists, don’t get me wrong, but I think your evidence is not 100%.

edit on 13-4-2012 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-4-2012 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I think you can update your settings for your own preference of what your home page displays..
When they make big changes you usually have to redo all your settings again.
I gather you are refreshing or reloading to show content changes after your last visit?
Is there a difference logged in as opposed to logged out for you? It usually is.
I haven't gone to YouTube home page for weeks to notice this.



posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by violet
I think you can update your settings for your own preference of what your home page displays..
When they make big changes you usually have to redo all your settings again.
I gather you are refreshing or reloading to show content changes after your last visit?
Is there a difference logged in as opposed to logged out for you? It usually is.
I haven't gone to YouTube home page for weeks to notice this.


Hi vio,
Good information.
But I think what has folks concerned is the fact that OTHERS are setting your preferences for you (us). Your help is unfortunatly the only answer.
Where there are locks there are pickers.
good on ya
ljb



posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by seenavv
 


I wanted to bump this post. I wanted to see if I posted on how youtube is censoring itself so I searched it on ATS and I haven't. I have come across your posts though seenavv. I've been thinking about this topic for a long time now. Youtube is being HEAVILY censored and I've tried discussing it with others but no one seems interested. All the changes to youtube over the years have done nothing but limit our browsing in comparison to the days of yesteryear.

We need to keep this alive because we need to prevent and reverse the censorship that is happening to us... Why do you think we have a chance to bomb syria or even had the issues we did learning about benghazi? Because the real reporters, YOU GUYS, US! are being censored. So they get more propaganda to fill their mind and less truth to see. Please bump this thread again guys, i know its old but please.



new topics

top topics



 
10

log in

join