It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shocks given at Rotenberg Center were "harming" autistic teen, expert testifies

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Such wonderful treatment they have there, restrained and shocked till your brains turn to mush.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   
There are so many things wrong in this video that it makes me sick. They started tazering the kid because he didn't take off his jacket? Then they tied him down and continued to electrocute him 31 times!?!

This is terrorism! This place needs to be shut down, the judge who ordered the video to be sealed should be indicted for hiding evidence in a federal case and the workers who administer the abuse should be put in the penitentiary indefinitely, as they will personally realize what it feels like to be personally violated physically, mentally and politically by taking away any personal right and freedoms.

This poor kid and I am sure many others are now suffering for life because a bunch of adults thought it was a good idea to abuse those who are the most vulnerable in our society.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Everybody who is horrified by this abuse and thinks they can do anything about it are very wrong.

Please read this and you will understand why.

www.fhu.com...

:

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

IMHO, the biggest problem (besides the nasty workers themselves) is a lack of accountability and oversight. It's EASY to get away with stuff, because people aren't watching all the time. Also (and this is just personal experience), when we made a mistake, 9 times out of 10 the responsibility was on us to inform our superiors. A system like that is not going to work, because most people are going to try and cover up a mistake rather than admit they did something wrong. Add a crappy boss/supervisor to the mix, and you have whole institutions running wild.

I can guarantee the Rotenberg Center employes were mandated reporters; so what the hell is going on? Why didn't somebody say something? It couldn't have just been fear for their job, because there are channels and protocols to go through if you're afraid of backlash.

(Good god, they might have really thought they were really helping!!)

In my mind all employes that had knowledge of their "techniques" should be held accountable. I'm not familiar with MA state law, but in my neck of the woods even if the parents signed releases, what the "school" is doing is STILL ILLEGAL. There has to be a loophole somewhere, that is the only explanation I can come up with...

Sexual abuse, rape, torture, physical abuse, putting patients in embarrassing situations and then laugh at them, pitting patients against each other and making them fight until one of them passes out, physically restraining patients by sitting on them until they pass out, encouraging patients to ingest drugs not prescribed to them, and plenty of verbal abuse.

Horrible, and sooooooo illegal it makes my head spin.

A question for everybody: What do we do to stop the systematic abuse? We can't just close these places down; we tried that in the 60's and 70's and ended up with a huge homeless population. (As for the non-residential places, these kids DO need special attention that they're not likely to receive at a public school.) I'm not sure what the answer is... maybe add more cameras? But people still do stuff, and then we get into privacy concerns for the clients... I don't know. It's a big ole can of worms.

reply to post by riley

I read your other thread www.abovetopsecret.com... and really enjoyed your insight. Thanks for bringing this to everybody's attention, this is an important issue because it highlights the huge problems in this field.

I too would like to know why the FDA has approved this. It must work in a limited capacity. Still, doesn't make it right, pain should never be used as a deterrent.

edit on 14-4-2012 by Dontshootthemessanger because: fixed link; that's what I get for trying to be fancy

edit on 14-4-2012 by Dontshootthemessanger because: added a thought

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
this is amazing news

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I'd like to know who gives donations to this place. Not just The XYZ Foundation, but where the REAL source for the money is. I bet that could turn out to be one deep, interesting rabbit hole.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Lookingup

Anonymous apparently hacked JRC and there is a pastebin link with financials under their youtube vid. I have no idea how legit it is though.
edit on 14-4-2012 by riley because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Apparently the Rotenberg Center may have got itself into serious trouble.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
My beautiful little brother has severe Autism and at age 21yrs has a mental age of just 2, he cannot speak.
If this was done to him he would not be able to ask for help.
.I have NEVER felt such anger and hatred about people I have never met than I do right now.
These CHILD ABUSERS do not deserve to live.
Every single one of them should be locked in a room with the family members of the abused and a blind eye turned.
I am not usually an angry or violent person and I believe that an eye for an eye makes everyone blind - however somethings are just unforgivable.

edit on 14-4-2012 by TattooedWarrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by yurichan
Everybody who is horrified by this abuse and thinks they can do anything about it are very wrong.

Please read this and you will understand why.

www.fhu.com...

:

I SERIOUSLY hope you are not condoning this.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flux8
reply to post by all6ixes

I think only half of the problem is awareness. Here's the other half of the problem...

en.wikipedia.org...

At least they weren't using real electric shocks. But this does show us how most people are willing to submit to perceived authority to do the most atrocious things, against their own internal moral and ethical objections.

Closely related...
en.wikipedia.org...

They were'nt real electric shocks?? Fu=k off you heatless peice of sh=t. The shocks they receive can be 10 times more powerful than police tazers if you care to look into the subject a bit more. Arsehole.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlastedCaddy
I've worked at Judge Rotenberg. I know of the video in question. How many of you folks that are jumping up and down saying that the ppl in the video should be "what ever harmful phrase" even know of what the place is about. It is where you bring your child to undergo AST because his behaviors are a danger to self and others. The place is known for that. Alll over the country.

The kids that go there are violent prior to their arrival. The center explains to the parent what happens and how it is done. The parent is well aware of what they are signing their child up for.

Also, the Mk ultra stuff and mind control subjects. These kids are not what they are looking for. They are "damaged" prior to their arrival at centers like these.

Heres where I am going to get flamed. I do not agree or disagree with the practice AST I have seen it abused and I have seen it take the most violent offender and rewire him to be a pretty succesful person. It goes both ways.

Just remember this when watching the good ole FOX spin that we KNOW exists. Do not jump up and down when it is conveinant. FOX spins everything. His mother knew full well what she was signing her son up for.

My biggest gripe is just cuz FOX says I guess....

edit on 14-4-2012 by BlastedCaddy because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-4-2012 by BlastedCaddy because: (no reason given)

Did you stand up and speak out when you saw the AST abuse in your workplace?

Or did you say nothing because you did'nt want to lose your job?

I ask because my brother was abused in his care home here in England and I went to prison for GBH after I caught up with the peice of sh=t and introduced him to my cricket bat.

Guess what - he begged and pleaded that it was'nt his fault - it was his job.

I know that some disabled children need restraining but strapping them down so that they can't move and then shocking them for hours is child abuse. You can't spin that, however you look at it.

So I guess what I'm really asking you is if you just witnessed child abuse or participated in it?
edit on 14-4-2012 by TattooedWarrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Get some patriots in power and start shocking these tyrant! God knows they need the psychosis shocked out of their stupid ignorant brains!

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
As the parent of an autistic child i can tell everyone here had this happened to my child the person involved would not be alive today, I say this with no hesitation at all im sorry mods but its true, i would be forced to kill this person had this been my child. I would be willing in court to admit it, and explain why, no cause justifys this, death of the sadist is the only solution if this is my child, no remorse, nor regret, just rightous justice.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by BlastedCaddy

Blasted -- you know that the UN even went so far as to plead to have your former employer shut down, right?

www.mdri.org...

The conclusion of this report is that aversive therapy is NOT effective and constitutes "torture." So, unless you want to defend torture, you might want to rethink your opinion of your former workplace and perhaps go public with what you may know.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

Anonymous posted all names of donors and the amount they donated, the staff, everything you need to know. It's here at this link:

http:///P2Ypjm63

Anyone else find it peculiar that the mainstream media is largely ignoring this shocking case? Could it be that Matthew Israel, the founder, has so much money and highly paid lawyers that the center is effectively untouchable?

I believe that here is a clear case of the public having to step in and shut this place down through other means. This school just should be allowed to continue to exist when people have been trying to shut it down for year.

I hope Anonymous follows through on its promise to shut this place down.

CX

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Just wanted to add....i know for a fact that ECT was definately being used in wards in UK psychiatric hospitals in 2002, not sure how much it is nowadays, but i remember seeing patients being wheeled out on trolleys afterwards.

Burn marks to the side of the head weren't too nice either.

CX.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
You have to ask yourself what other stuff they do to patients in this Frankenstein house of horrors. Shocking them is not therapy. You want to know whats missing in these patients lives? Love is what's missing here.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer
I had to chill for a few hours before I could contain my rage enough to post a coherent reply...

This is what privatization of our institutions leads too. Prisons, juvenile detention centers, even alcohol rehab centers, when they're privatized and when a judge has a financial stake in those centers they see $$$ for every warm body they sentence to those profit centers.

"Judge Rotenberg Center" where we restrain a youth THEN taser them, or apply electro-shock to a juvenile for not taking his coat off... W.T.F. America. And isn't it nice how the judge who runs/owns the center can get a fellow judge to seal the record?

Isn't this what we should be talking about on MSM instead of how many maids Ann Romney has?

I know how you feel. Why in the hell are these people who commit these acts even allowed employment: Psychopaths employing psychopaths? Unfortunately in this case it seems history didn't repeat itself, that history never went away:
Suffer The Little Children, Pennhurst State Home: Eugenics + Social Services - Pennsylvania

Since you mention Romney. I don 't think most people are aware that: Mitt Romney’s Deep Connections to the Troubled Teen Industry, CHILD ABUSE, that should be talked about.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlastedCaddy
Just remember this when watching the good ole FOX spin that we KNOW exists. Do not jump up and down when it is conveinant. FOX spins everything. His mother knew full well what she was signing her son up for.

I didn't notice any spin. FOX didn't say much at all.

All I saw was a teenager screaming in pain. It sounded a lot like what I heard at the beginning of another YouTube video I've seen, actually.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join