It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shocks given at Rotenberg Center were "harming" autistic teen, expert testifies

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
This is exeactly what gets you in a murderous state of mind.
I know I'd want to kill after a " treatment" like that.
Get me these people in a room and give us... 5 minutes alone.

If stuff like this gets done more often, then heads will have to roll. We are in great need for change.
I always thought violence never fixed anything but I'm sure I could fix these SOBs.

Peace to y'all no peace for them

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
wow,just wow.i cant believe that this type of barbaric treatment is still going on.on a mentally challenged human no less.poor kid.this is horrible.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Now that I think about it, we do have privatized behavioral centers here. I've had friends that were forced to go there for suicide attempts, running away, or even just back talking there parents. They give these kids heavy doses of anti psychotics and keep them inside for extended amounts of time. From what my friends tell me they would rather be in a state prison for months, rather than a week at shadow mountain.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
This is "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest" revisited. And we call ourselves civilized? Unacceptable!

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by NoLoveInFear46and2
This is exeactly what gets you in a murderous state of mind.
I know I'd want to kill after a " treatment" like that.
Get me these people in a room and give us... 5 minutes alone.

If stuff like this gets done more often, then heads will have to roll. We are in great need for change.
I always thought violence never fixed anything but I'm sure I could fix these SOBs.

Peace to y'all no peace for them

Actually, it's the opposite. If you would want to kill someone after this, as wrong as it might be (killing someone, not these people), it would mean you still have a conscience and would be fighting against it.

The problem is that after this, you don't even have a soul. You lose your mind, your ability to focus, your interest in life. That's why his mother said he didn't respond to her, even when she passed her hand in front of his face, and he didn't even blink.

This is killing someone, by not killing the body. Which is far worst.

Like a famous character once said, "a prison...for the mind".

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by all6ixes

Interesting. Seems as though certain clinics are specifically treating something called Reactive Attachment Disorder. What is this disorder?
www.mayoclinic.com...

Reactive attachment disorder is a rare but serious condition in which infants and young children don't establish healthy bonds with parents or caregivers.

A child with reactive attachment disorder is typically neglected, abused or orphaned. Reactive attachment disorder develops because the child's basic needs for comfort, affection and nurturing aren't met and loving, caring attachments with others are never established. This may permanently change the child's growing brain, hurting the ability to establish future relationships.

Reactive attachment disorder is a lifelong condition, but with treatment children can develop more stable and healthy relationships with caregivers and others. Safe and proven treatments for reactive attachment disorder include psychological counseling and parent or caregiver education.

Seems as though shock therapy helps solidify this disorder.

Shadow Mountain's website:
www.shadowmountainbhs.com...

Here's the link to the "treatment" centers specializing in reactive attachment disorder.
www.akattachment.org...
Seems as though they think it's becoming an epidemic like ADD and ADHD.

I wonder if the child in the video was being treated for this.
edit on 13-4-2012 by Afterthought because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought

notice the pretty and innocent website? Despicable .. why should children be abused for their parents short comings? They need a mentor not a prison. As it stands, shadow mountain would consider me "at risk". Simply because I have ADHD and ODD. It would not surprise me if they began using these inhumane techniques on those they dub "at risk".

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by riley
reply to post by spoonbender

Thankyou I forgot to shorten the vid link.

Electro shock therapy is different.. they still use it very rarely but it's done under a general. It's used to "kick start" the brain out of psychosis.

This is just tasering kids for pain so they'll follow commands.

Actually, ECT, Elctroconvulsive therapy is still used for a number of things, chronic severe depression mostly. The unit I used to work on did ECT 3 days a week, usually to 2 or 3 patients.

I agree that this is not ECT, this is pavlovian conditioning with tazers.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by xizd1
This is "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest" revisited. And we call ourselves civilized? Unacceptable!

or perhaps Clockwork Orange. There is something very.. "strategic" about this place.

edit on 13-4-2012 by riley because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Although a large amount of research has been carried out, the exact mechanism of action of ECT remains elusive, and ECT on its own does not usually have a sustained benefit

Source: en.wikipedia.org...

This is enraging! This "treatment" is mainly used for very severe depression, and it should be abandoned as it isn't even always effective. From the video, it seems that it was not done in a clinical manner, but looked almost like "sport". They could have EASILY restrained him with all those people there, and given him meds to calm him if needed.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
They put me in solitary confinement at a school camp. The teacher who did it, admitted that he wanted me broken.

The human population consists of 5% dark, 5% light, and 90% of the sheep in the middle, to a large extent.

The STS psychopaths (the dark 5%) who rule this planet know their own, and they know us. (The light 5%)

This is what they do to us, when they recognise us for who we are.
edit on 13-4-2012 by petrus4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Such brutality.. brings tears to my eyes..
It still amazes me how sadistic some humans can be...

I'm just at a loss for words... who LAUGHS at that in the video?

They say its to HEAL?????? no.. it scrambles your Neuropeptides. and you become a 'zombie'.
Yeah, that's MUCH better than having some ADD..yeah...

Lets put those people under that treatment for 10 seconds and let them know what it felt like.

ugh....
edit on 4/13/2012 by Pharyax because: (no reason given)

edit on 4/13/2012 by Pharyax because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

They put me in solitary confinement at a school camp. The teacher who did it, admitted that he wanted me broken.

I'm so sorry you went through that....I hope you are doing ok now. Freakin animals...

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Pharyax

I'm just at a lost for words... who LAUGHS at that in the video

A sadistic psychopath.....
He's the one who needs "shock therapy".
edit on 4/13/2012 by StealthyKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by StealthyKat
reply to post by petrus4

Geez.. and who was HE to think you 'needed you broken?' Me thinks the teacher has pent up rage from his youth/life and just wanted to take it out on someone else... Evil stuff....Sorry you had to experience that. Just remember, YOU are stronger than that teacher. He/she wanted you 'broken' because he/she was already broken.. mentally.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pharyax
Just remember, YOU are stronger than that teacher. He/she wanted you 'broken' because he/she was already broken.. mentally.

I know; but thank you.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by StealthyKat
reply to post by petrus4

I'm so sorry you went through that....I hope you are doing ok now. Freakin animals...

I am. The last year or so has been very healing. *hugs*

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
My older brother is mentally handicapped; he suffers from mental retardation, epilepsy, oppositional behavior disorder, temper control issues and more. After watching this video I must say that I ready to vomit.

This is blatant outright abuse and disgusting. I wish I lived near this place I would go have a few words with the people in that video. While I was having this conversation with them I am fairly certain the lights in the surrounding 50 square mile area would be out due to a mysterious power drain.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
WOW!!!

When are you people gona rise up and do something about this? What more will it take to make you people say ENOUGH!!!

If that happened hear in the uk they'd have to lock those BA****DS up for their OWN safety.

Copy that video, burn it to dvd and post it to your neighbours, do it, and DO IT NOW.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
.........it could be me on that table.

two days ago someone i know saw a poster advertizing autism awareness because this month is autism awareness month (he wasn't aware that i have asperger's syndrome) and he said "can't they just beat it out of them..like until they stop lining up things in order".

words can't describe the anger i feel. everyone involved, including that judge 8 years ago, should be shocked until pronounced dead.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join