It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shocks given at Rotenberg Center were "harming" autistic teen, expert testifies

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Shocks given at Rotenberg Center were "harming" autistic teen, expert testifies

Read more: www.myfoxboston.com...

DEDHAM (FOX 25 / MyFoxBoston.com) - Video of a student restrained and shocked for hours at the Judge Rotenberg Center was played in court on Tuesday after a years-long battle by the center to keep it from the public eye.

The video, which shows former resident Andre McCollins screaming, writhing in pain, and begging for help, was played at the start of McCollins’ trial against the Canton-based Judge Rotenberg Center.

The Rotenberg Center convinced a judge eight years ago to seal the video, and the battle continued up until Tuesday morning when their attorneys asked Superior Court Judge
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 13-4-2012 by riley because: (no reason given)

Mod Edit: Review This Link: Breaking Alternative News Guidelines -- Copy the Exact Headline
edit on 13/4/12 by argentus because: changed headline to reflect that of the source

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Warning this is VERY graphic, difficult to watch but the world needs to see that children with disabilities are being tortured .Perhaps some get a kick out of (the mother said workers were laughing when she watched the video) but mostly to brainwash and have complete control over their wills. This to me also looks like experimention.

I suggest you turn the sound right down at start of play.

edit on 13-4-2012 by riley because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
embed for OP
isn't this what
they call shock therapy

thought this kinda
stuff stopped decades ago

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I know I should watch all the video before commenting, but I just can't. The very thought of children being abused sends me into a rage. For a little while I was a weekend house parent for a boys home. I got really attached to those kids and if someone were to mistreat them, there'd be hell to pay. I firmly believe in the "eye for an eye" punishment. If found guilty, those responsible should be hooked up to their own devices and turned up to max.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by spoonbender

Thankyou I forgot to shorten the vid link.

Electro shock therapy is different.. they still use it very rarely but it's done under a general. It's used to "kick start" the brain out of psychosis.

This is just tasering kids for pain so they'll follow commands.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by riley

This pisses me off. These people should be tried and the key thrown away.

Let Bubba have them

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Sickening.
This is supposedly one of the best tactics for creating a mind controlled slave (MK Ultra). Electric shocks can fracture the personality and help memories disappear if done within a 24 hour time frame. It's frightening to think what else goes on that's not on video. I hope this child is able to recover and lead a productive life. Time will tell.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Am i the only one who thought this type of "treatment" was abandon long ago?

I just comprehend that it stills goes on and is applied to kids

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I just had a violent moment.... Are you #ing kidding me?????????

This is equivalent to "getting information from 'terrorists'"...

They weren't treating him, they were torturing him. Screw the settlement money, I think those employees need jail time. A healthy dose of it, and they need to be taxed a few times a piece. 31 sounds about right to me..

Assault charges. False imprisonment charges.

Hell no.. I've never heard of this case but I'm pissed off..

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Wow , just how do they think this is humane? I'm appalled that this can go on without intervention

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   
This is a center that a court appointed judge opened? This video was sealed for 8 years by another fellow judge?

What the hell happened to my country?

Apparently there are thousands of "behavioral centers" around the country....with no outside oversight.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by becomingaware

Just wait until they're all privatized.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Too pissed off to post right now, would end up with a T&C violation, But I can stop this if someone could buy me a taser and a bunch of extra batteries.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Afterthought
reply to post by becomingaware

Just wait until they're all privatized.
let us hope this NEVER happens. :/

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by DAVID64
I know I should watch all the video before commenting, but I just can't. The very thought of children being abused sends me into a rage. For a little while I was a weekend house parent for a boys home. I got really attached to those kids and if someone were to mistreat them, there'd be hell to pay. I firmly believe in the "eye for an eye" punishment. If found guilty, those responsible should be hooked up to their own devices and turned up to max.

If they're using this as treatment for anyone, they need to be arrested. We the people must STOP THIS HELLISH SYSTEM.

There is no reason to do this. Even if it had benefit neurologically, the means don't justify the end. Ever!!!!!!!

I won't watch that video either, and yes this is massive abuse.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by all6ixes

I wish it wouldn't, but in Florida, it's full steam ahead.
Keep an eye on things in your state.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by DAVID64
I know I should watch all the video before commenting, but I just can't. The very thought of children being abused sends me into a rage.

Ditto.
I know I should watch it to be objective, but I know that there is absolutely no way there could be any justification at all, no excuses, no explanation.

Every person who was in that room, every person who worked there knowing this was happening, and every person responsible for keeping it quiet should be facing trial, and lengthy sentences.

This kind of thing shows how easily people can be turned into sadistic psychopaths. When you give a Human the ways and means, with an authority instructing them, they can become truly dangerous psychopaths and are a threat to other people - just like the Nazis.

I saw a Derron Brown show a couple of weeks ago where they had "easily led" people (most people) inflicting electric shocks on a complete stranger because a man in a white coat was instructing them to do it. It was shocking how many of them just went along with it and didn't want to question authority.

People become drones, taking instructions, abandoning their own morality. I know for a fact that I am one of those with an independent mind and would not follow orders, and I think a lot of us here have the kind of questioning mind to put up resistance against it, but plenty of people wouldn't.

I would really love to pretend that I am above violence and vengeance. But if I could be left alone in a room with any of these psychotic freaks only one of us would leave, and it would be me.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I'm Dick Cheney and I approve of this method...

sickening

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Why would they taser someone who is restrained?

I don't know why they are trying to pass this off as "shock treatment". Shock treatment is done to people under anesthesia. It is used to induce grand mal seizures because they realized depressed people that had natural grand mal seizures were no longer depressed afterwards. I'm not saying I agree with that, I'm just saying this is not ECT or "shock therapy".

Electroconvulsive therapy (ECT), formerly known as electroshock, is a psychiatric treatment in which seizures are electrically induced in anesthetized patients for therapeutic effect. Its mode of action is unknown.[1] Today, ECT is most often recommended for use as a treatment for severe depression that has not responded to other treatment, and is also used in the treatment of mania and catatonia.[2] It was first introduced in 1938 by Italian neuropsychiatrists Ugo Cerletti and Lucio Bini, and gained widespread use as a form of treatment in the 1940s and 1950s.[3][4]

en.wikipedia.org...

They are TASERING him.
edit on 13-4-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
This is a private behavioral center. ...Hell, prisons are already privatized.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join