It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by trjack35
reply to post by NorEaster

Tell me, how the starvation of millions in Africa, the suffer that racism, sexism and other extremist idealogies have been causing for many decades, the unbelievable inequality between the rich and poor, the truth about secret evil organisations, unending wars between nations, are just things that are "the internet's ", "the media's" exaggeration. Or my assumption of a few bad experiences I've had with my life. Oh god...

My point was that it hasn't gotten worse. It's always been this bad. Mass exterminations have always been part of being a Homo Sapien on this planet. Due to disease, famine war and genocide.

It is sad that you've read my post and assumed that my problem could only be as big as something like kids growing up problems, "I hate everyoneeee X(", well, trust me it is not

I didn't see it that way. Not at all. Just pointing out the consistency and nothing more. We are much more immediately aware of what's always been the case. That's what I was pointing out.

I am talking about how rich stupid people are living the life when, poor wise guys have to struggle to become someone, how when in many moslim countiries men get to have a few dozens of wives when a gay guy is killed, because somehow it is not moral enough. I am talking about how it is #ed up that when one baby is born into a gold piece of cloth in a developed country, when other borns into the cracked hands of an old woman in afica. Again, the starvation, dehydration. How come people let that happen? Just dont come up to me with all your logical words telling me that I am upset because I can't see the whole picture as it really is. I think I do, and you are looking at the wrong picture. It's not about how I could not buy an iphone and my friend got two. It's about how my friend gets two iphones and a kids hands are chopped off in a middle east country because he stole a piece of bread.

Thanks for your comment anyways. Have a good weekend.

edit on 13-4-2012 by trjack35 because: (no reason given)

Used to be - only a couple hundred years ago - that in the most advanced cultures on the planet, your post here could've gotten you executed. Just expressing this level of discontent would be grounds for capital punishment. Not that you would've had the chance to publicly express such sentiments, but that's beside the issue. Succeeding in publicly challenging the status quo was grounds for taking all you'd ever gathered to yourself away from you and either imprisoning you or killing you outright. And this was the most enlightened societies on this planet.

In the end, you'll only be here a short while. Like riding a commuter train, in a very real sense. What's different, however, is that on this ride people become obsessed with that ride, and they begin to compete with like-minded others for bits of advancement that can be perceived (like, the best - least stained and ripped up - seat on that train, for instance) and if that seat is won, that win, and that seat, is lorded over the other competitors by that person. And the loss is exaggerated, as we've all seen happen again and again. And that specific competition either continues, or moves on to the next least-offensive seat on the train (and limited to that specific car, generally). It continues, and is commented one and discussed, and each commuter gets sucked into the drama and passion of the competition, until the battle for perceived dominance inside of that train car becomes the entire world and reason for existence for everyone inside that train car.

Then, suddenly the train pulls into the station, and as it is with all commuter trips, everyone is forced to leave. And, just like all commuter train trips, not one of those coveted seat is missed by any one of the commuters. Not one. Each of those seats stays behind, and no one thinks twice about walking off on what was so urgently important only minutes before.

This is what it'll be like when you finish this ride. Yes, there are people who were forced to stand the whole ride, but when the train stops, they'll be walking off with exactly as much in potential power and capacity as the folks who beat away all comers for the best seats on the train. Personally, it galls me to see what you see, and in exactly the same manner, but I also know that I don't want to care too much about the inside of this train car. At least, not to the extent that it cripples my ability to walk off the train and into the station when we finally get there. Let them all fight for the seats that are available. I'm saving my efforts for what's ahead at the station.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by trjack35

I know what you mean. I have come to think of this messed up time as a dark-age of sorts. In my opinion, just as the seasons flow from spring- when life starts, through summer- when life flourishes, to fall- when life declines, to winter- when life dies, or at the very least goes dormant, so too, the soul of man goes through such a cycle. On the collective level the times of spring and summer are seen as ages of reason and enlightenments. Conversely, ages of strife, of greed and of ignorance are seen as dark ages. It is during the ages of reason that persons of wisdom and peace thrive, whereas those of greed and falseness suffer. Whilst in the dark-ages it is the persons of greed and falseness who thrive, whilt those of wisdom and peace are the ones who suffer. This is a natural part of the cycle. But it IS a cycle. Thus, the day will come, in this life or the next, when persons like you and me and those who feel the same will thrive once again. Meanwhile, all we can do is stay true to ourselves, and grow strong in our faith- faith in who we are, and faith that a better time awaits us all. I doubt that's much help at all, but it's what helps me to get through my tough times when I feel all is lost. Like you say, it's not about acceptance. It's about surviving the winter and awaiting the spring to come. Happy day to you!

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by trjack35

I want you to take a little test because I think you are depressed. When we get stuck on the "me" channel it is a good indicator that you are depressed or self-absorbed. I don't think you are self-absorbed. Please watch this video and see how it makes you feel. Think about it and if it doesn't evoke positive, hopeful emotions go seek counseling. If you are broke start with a a crisis intervention hotline. I have been doing much better (no depression now) since I start taking 5HTP which is inexpensive over the counter tryptophan for depression.

www.ebaumsworld.com...

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Thank you all for being interested and commenting. It means a lot to me honestly. Thanks for taking the time. Love you all, may the peace be with you guys.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join