It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If the tech existed to leave earth for like a mars colony, would anyone go to form a NEW WORLD?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   
If the tech existed to leave earth for like a mars colony, would anyone here go and try to form a new USA?

I would. I was thinking about it. What is the single reason we stay here? Because we have nowhere else to go. If we could establish a colony on mars would you volunteer to be the first wave of settlers. Live in harsh conditions and face death everyday with your loved ones for the prospect of living free?

I would. I would even go as a grunt/ labor force. I mean it. I would even risk my families safety if It meant we could have a chance to be truly free again. The way I grew up thinking we were.

So who would join me in establishing New USA on mars?

EDIT: changed title from new USA to NEW WORLD
edit on 13-4-2012 by BIHOTZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
How else can you escape the NWO without fighting them in an armed conflict? What if they follow us there? Would you resist them then? Would you defend the new fledgling colony from earth based attack?

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by BIHOTZ

Certain considerations, like does your debt follow you? If not, i am all for it!

It is rather an interesting question for me. In my younger days, i would have been off like a shot (blame Buck Rogers as a kid or better yet the old black and white Flash Gordon). These days, i have a family. Will have grandkids one day......so probably not now, no. I feel too tied to this planet now.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   
No, but if I could have my own starship and "freeboot" around the galaxy, I would do that in a heartbeat. The reason I say no to Mars is that we could not survive away from the group and would thus be subject to way too much personal control. I would say that if we had enough money to send half of TPTB to mars, that we send all of them halfway.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by BIHOTZ

Live in harsh conditions and face death everyday with your loved ones for the prospect of living free?

ahahahahah.....

Let me tell you exactly how a "colony" will work. It will be privately funded, and those corporations would literally control every aspect of your life on mars. Ever seen Total Recall?

They'd be able to charge you, literally, for the water you need and the air you breathe, because they would be supplying it.

No thank you, I'm already a slave here, but they haven't been able to tax my oxygen yet.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by DarthMuerte

how about a life as a space pirate? You would raid helpless shuttles ferrying supplies to the rival moon base colony. You would be knighted on mars and given land and titles for every pound of booty.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Yes lets form a new usa. Have martian slaves t o pick cotton up and bank on slavery for the next 300 years

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   
If we started a new United States on Mars, we would most likely declare the old US, a enemy state lol lol

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by BIHOTZ

New USA ?? Definitely NO. Why would someone want to make a new country that wants 100% control over people and to have countless old and new stupid laws ???

Not me

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by All Seeing Eye

Sure but not simply to create a new "freedom" state. I would do it just for the sake of going to another planet. To be honest even if it was completely sterile and everything was rationed to us I would still go.

ETA ... sorry this was meant as a normal reply and not a reply to All Seeing Eye. sorry for any confusion.
edit on 13-4-2012 by underduck because: Im an idiot

link   

How else can you escape the NWO without fighting them in an armed conflict?

I'm sorry but the USA is the NWO, leaving Earth to start a "USA colony" on mars would be bringing the very thing you say you want to escape from.

link   
I wouldn't go myself, but I would donate money to send people there. but they'd have to promise to never return...or try and get in contact.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by BIHOTZ
reply to post by DarthMuerte

how about a life as a space pirate? You would raid helpless shuttles ferrying supplies to the rival moon base colony. You would be knighted on mars and given land and titles for every pound of booty.
Not really. When I think "freebooter", I think more Han Solo than Black Beard.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by BIHOTZ

New USA? Nah. Something brand new altogether? Yes.

I'm not sure I completely agree for the reason we stay here being that we have no other place to go, though. Earth is the most rich and beautiful world that we as humans know, especially compared to Mars in its current state. It's our true home.

I look forward to the colonization/commercialization of space, it's such an exciting thought. It's why I love the video game series Mass Effect so much, the universe that they've developed seems very realistic to me and incredibly deep.

As for hopes of a new freedom, I think that oppression will find its devilish way into any new society sooner or later. :/

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

well not if it was like the mission of a whole country. Like if Ireland was just sick of it and they all decided to fund their own efforts to create a collective on mars without ties to earth. Like they went hippie and wanted to live on mars with a clear idea of a currency system that favors all, education that benefits the group, free land and opportunities for everyone.

No tax on water and air as long as you do your part, a 10 hour work day and everything necessary for life is free. Money is used to buy things you want like the newest single from earth, or the newest book a fellow colonist wrote and published etc.

No corporate over sight. A system of government the whole group accepted and could influence for their common good.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

not if you do it in the spirit of the nation's founding principles.

just learn from our history and teach the young about how we failed. Hope for the best.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Jordan River

ok ok, I see the Idea of a new USA is not for everyone. How about just a new earth. An anti NWO planet.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by BIHOTZ
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

well not if it was like the mission of a whole country. Like if Ireland was just sick of it and they all decided to fund their own efforts to create a collective on mars without ties to earth. Like they went hippie and wanted to live on mars with a clear idea of a currency system that favors all, education that benefits the group, free land and opportunities for everyone.

No tax on water and air as long as you do your part, a 10 hour work day and everything necessary for life is free. Money is used to buy things you want like the newest single from earth, or the newest book a fellow colonist wrote and published etc.

No corporate over sight. A system of government the whole group accepted and could influence for their common good.

That sounds alot more like a Soviet Russian colony on Mars.....

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   
You wouldnt be free for very long.

It's not like once you hit Mars you can just go off and do your thing.

You'll be tethered under somebodys dome and that somebody will run your life.

It's the same reason there's no freedom on earth now. Everybody claims ownership and they'll spend outrageous amounts of time and money to find you just because they can.

Sure, you might survive years in a national forest but sooner or later somebody will get it in their mind that you out there all alone not bothering anybody or anything needs to be found, captured and jailed and they'll send in waves of cops and rangers to haul you out for the audacity of wanting to be left alone.

Mars wont be any different. Not unless you can get there without anyone knowing about it.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Yes, but only under certain conditions. All debt forgiven, no tax/fee for air, water and the like. Actually earn a wage for terra forming the planet, things like that. Wouldn't go just to become another slave to some corporation.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join