It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Much Ado About Nothing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Two nights ago, I was showing my wife how simple it is to put your views into the into the internet world. I went to Prediction and Dreams, new thread, Typed in the title "This is it." and instead of tabbing down to the body, I hit enter. "Uh-oh" was my first reaction. There was no content. There was nothing. Not even intent.

If it weren't for the first responders, Infowarrior9970, Salamandy, Shangrila, Redbarron626, kanng, Egyptia, and lordpiney there would be void and the thread would have been deleted. Thanks to them, the thread, "This is it." took on a life of its own. 9 pages later and 69 ATS coveted flags, something like 60 stars, and almost 200 replies I am grateful that so many people had so much fun with my miscue. It made me feel good.

I realize that those stars and flags aren't really mine and even though they have no value, they are a draw. It's like if you see a crowd, you wonder what's going on.

"This is it" is its own, I have the selfish motivation that I hope this silly thing goes epic and becomes a classic piece in the ATS archives. It would be fun to have been the flashpoint of so much fun for so many. It may have happened here before, I don't know.

I am not a big contributor and I really don't have a lot to say. I come to ATS to see what's on peoples' minds and have thrown down a couple of cheesy nowhere threads just to pass the time. Contributing is kinda embarrassing to me. So, in closing, THANKS to everyone for having so much fun with nothing and take good care of our baby...

This is it.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by RighteousDude

Thanks for the explanation. As you noticed the empty threads seem to take on a life of their own sometimes, especially when the title of the article is short. It does happen fairly regularly. The last one I can remember is "Am I crazy?" with no article and it went the same way. People like to let off steam and have a little fun I guess. Don't take it personal but a tip that might be handy (I learned after losing lots of stuff on webmail, not here on ATS) is to compose your text in a simple app like note or wordpad. Then when done it's just a simple case of copy and paste.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   
It is/was the zeitgeist that is ATS. That accidental post, This is It, set loose something in the collective conscious of all of us that participated. I for one found it a refreshing moment of creative exchange that is hard to come by in a world that is constantly being divided and subdivided.

Serendipity!

Keep the Faith Brother, You did Good!

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by redbarron626

I think it was more you than me. It was a good laugh and you called it. I find it funny that I actually went on to defend the nothingness from a detractor and then went even further to bring in some songs referring to nothing.

It was fun. I spent the day thinking about nothing and substantiating it. I got caught up in nothing.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 05:52 AM
link   
It was one of the biggest laughs I've ever had on ATS. Good job for all the people that took the humorous route. It's always great when jokes can spontaneously ignite like that. There are a lot of jokesters looking for attention on ATS. But that was the real deal; a genuine, spontaneous moment of collective humor where no one had to be the victim of a joke.

I love that it was in the dreams and predictions forum. That's what did it for me.
edit on 14-4-2012 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

top topics

join