It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Large site with lots of information on herbalism and related topics

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   
The Backyard Herbalist

I can't remember when I found this site; it was a while ago. It is very old, (pre-Web 2.0, social networking and the associated evils) and hasn't been updated in nearly four years, but it has a vast amount of information about herbalism and related topics. The recent threads I've seen here on herbalism and companion planting, caused me to think that some people here might be interested in it.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Thank you. I skimmed it briefly but there is a wealth of information on this website. Being very interested in herbology and naturopathic medicine, this is a great start to my weekend. cheerioh

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
YAY for this link!!

I keep a huge herbal supply and think this site is DA BOMB!!!

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Excellent resource, thank you for posting!

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Very nice thread thanks for posting this site is very informative
and interesting S&F !
Helpful info on crocheting and herbs.Looking forward to my organic herb garden this year just wish the weather would break soon.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

So, now that the site is shared, please tell us some of your herbal knowledge, things we might not know. I don't know much about it, but have been friends with people who love the field.

Much of what I know about herbs are the seasonings I use on my lentils and rice, and it feels like there's a good balance of things in there. But other people reading the thread will really get into it if you and the other knowledable people here can turn this into an semi-epic thread discussing herbs and related topics. It's always possible that it could become a good companion to the thread you shared.
edit on 13-4-2012 by Aleister because: add

edit on 13-4-2012 by Aleister because: add

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

Or at least all you herborlists should choose one thread and make it a very good one. I just saw a 2004 thread on seasonings which didn't have any stars but has good information.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Thanks you for this link, from what I have read, this page you linked branches out much more with loads of links, that should come in handy, I really like the natural hand cream recipe, looks useful
Just kidding, but there is a wealth of information there.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 03:53 AM
link   
the hearty soup,
laundry soap,
and toxic plant list are essentials, thanks!

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aleister
reply to post by petrus4

So, now that the site is shared, please tell us some of your herbal knowledge, things we might not know. I don't know much about it, but have been friends with people who love the field.

I'm not the author of that site. I just found it myself a while ago.

I don't really know that much about herbalism at all, yet. It's an interest, is mostly all.

top topics

join