It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange cloud formations in Scotland

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   
These strange cloud formations were taken 2 days apart, the first on the 7th April 2012, over the skys of Galashiels in Scotland, UK.
Ive searched the internet and found the same thing in a video over Russia from a few years back (2009). www.csmonitor.com...

The weather on both days were damp and cold, with the sun never breaking through the clouds all day. Ive never saw anything like it before........

edit on 13-4-2012 by Dragonfire666 because: image did not show on post

edit on 13-4-2012 by Dragonfire666 because: some people getting mixed up with the video date

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Dragonfire666

The pics does not work?

Can you link them again please?

vvv

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   
I can only see the pic from 2009 where's the one from April 7?, you mentioned?

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   
sorry all photos and link work now

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   

I'm also seeing an article written from October 2009...
Really cool phenomenon nonetheless

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   
The clouds in Fort William today are ridiculously weird. You know when you get clouds that look really really tall rather than spread out across the sky? There is a weird mix of tall, then wispy, then tall, then wispy again.

There aren't many clouds, but those that are there look weird, and we just had hail, even though it's very hot today. Not sure about weather, but I was always sure it had to be cold to make the water particles turn to ice

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   

I think these are examples of Lenticular clouds; nothing too unusual.
They're pretty well documented.
Interesting, but nothing to have any sort of alarm about.

Here's a link to some photos and information about Lenticular cloud formations:
Lenticular Clouds

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   
LOL....they were taken 2 days apart? Doubtful. If you reverse the image on either and overlay it they are the same cloud. Someone is pulling a fast one. Maybe one was taken on one day and then overlayed on another photo from another day, but they are very obviously the same cloud just flipped.
edit on 4/13/12 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   
And here they are with the image flipped and placed one below the other so you can see. Either the images were taken on the same day from different points of view or someone flipped the image and hoaxed it....

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Vasa Croe

obvious.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Those clouds look like a bad fotoshop.

They look like they are taken minuts apart, and then fotoshopped in to another picture, the form and shape is allmost the same.

That or it's the same UFO cloak used separately

edit on 13-4-2012 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Those are not lenticular clouds, they are punch hole clouds described here,

www.youtube.com...

Why am I seeing two pictures of the same thing, one inverted from the other?

Whatever, the actual cloud image is taken from that of the Moscow sighting, somebody is telling porkies.

Just faze the picture a little, and flip horizotally.

edit on 13-4-2012 by smurfy because: Image.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

^^^^^^

Yep punch hole clouds no independence day style mother ships entering orbit just yet

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dragonfire666
These strange cloud formations were taken 2 days apart, the first on the 7th April 2012, over the skys of Galashiels in Scotland, UK.

The weather on both days were damp and cold, with the sun never breaking through the clouds all day. Ive never saw anything like it before........

So are you claiming to have taken the photos yourself on two separate days? As has been shown above fakery is afoot.

If you haven't taken and modified the photos yourself can you provide the source of the photos and the story so that you are not suspected of hoaxing the ATS community as I'm sure you know what the consequences are!

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
I am from Central Scotland, I never saw any clouds like that but on Wednesday night the sky was wild, it went Pure Red, then went to solid Yellow, but i'm guessing that's just the sun going down, but it looked wild.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Snoopie
I am from Central Scotland, I never saw any clouds like that...

That's because the photos are fake.

It's a hoax, folks!

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by torsion

second that hoax

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Both EXIFs datas are the same, except for names files, images sizes and file modification date/time:

To the OP:
1- Could it be possible to have the original untouched photos?
2- Are you sure you have post the right photos, especially at the light of what was said above?
3- What is your camera model?

Those are only Punch hole cloud and I don't get the point to hoax such photos with (now well known...) clouds.

Seems like Photoshop was used and left traces on the JPEG compression:

edit on 13-4-2012 by elevenaugust because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
One photo (post office in background) was taken by a friend and then posted on facebook. the other was linked to the first one on facebook, by a friend of a friend.
i never claimed to have taken them and i did not modify them. i just wanted to show them to find out more about them. sorry if they are fake, but i didnt know.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dragonfire666
One photo (post office in background) was taken by a friend and then posted on facebook. the other was linked to the first one on facebook, by a friend of a friend.
i never claimed to have taken them and i did not modify them. i just wanted to show them to find out more about them. sorry if they are fake, but i didnt know.

LOL....and here we go. That and if I'm not mistaken Facebook removes all EXIF data from photos on their site. Which would make it appear you uploaded these directly yourself. So....try again? My BS meter is pinging.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join