It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien invasion reality check!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   
So last night I watched the movie battle for los angeles and I thought here we go again! Humans battle aliens who are way more technically advanced yet they beat them with their pathetic weapons.

So here is a reality check, this is probably what would happen if the aliens were hostile.

Once negotiations broke down and war was imminent all the alien craft that may have landed on earth would simply leave and hover in space just outside the atmosphere of our planet. Ok so that means that they are now out of range of 99.9% of all our weapons so now we are completely defenceless!

We may have some missiles that could enter space however it is completely stupid to fire any projectile at a craft that can warp space and therefore control gravity!

Fact is we know from military reports that UFOs have shutdown nuclear missiles whilst still in their underground launch sights so we probably wouldn’t be even able to fire these missiles. If they can shutdown missiles whilst underground then they would also be able to shutdown aircraft electronics which means that all modern fighter craft would simply drop out of the sky.

Just outside Earths atmosphere they would be free to dispose of us in whatever way they wanted. They could simply release a biological agent into our atmosphere, sitback and wait or go for a more instant solution.

From that height they could drop any kind of weapon they want on us we would be sitting ducks. The truth however is that they don’t even need a weapon to kill us off. They could simply alter the trajectory of a large meteorite and direct it to earth. We would see this huge meteorite traveling towards us but would be completely helpless…no the truth is that humans would get their ass kicked and without much difficulty too!

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   
What makes you think they would negotiate in the first place?

Do kids with magnifying glasses negotiate with ants?

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

Anyone sitting on the moon, or out in the asteroid belt could just throw rocks at us.
Tossing rocks down our gravity well at sufficient speed could create enough kinetic energy on impact as to equal nuclear ordinance, and it'd be ionizing radiation free.

Further, such impacts would create a nuclear winter from all the catastrophic material exploding and vaporizing such that all us fragile humans that don't die in a bombardment would kick it from starvation, or dust inhalation complications.

Targeted impacts at places like the San Andreas fault line, other highly active fault lines, Yellowstone, and any other super volcanoes sitting around the planet would also give us a bit of trouble.

There's not a thing we could do about it either, especially if 'they' are tossing rocks at us from the asteroid belt.

edit on 13-4-2012 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

Well that is kind of why i always liked Bad Taste (great film) - aliens coming here for no other reason than humans taste like pork scratchings to them!

I also quite liked Morons From Space (terrible film but great idea). That goes totally the opposite way, with humans first alien contact being with the alien equivalent of amoeba brains!

You are totally right though. Hollywood annoys me regularly with that. I mean Independence Day? Really? An advanced species that can travel the stars just happens to have a computer system with a compatible USB port so they can download a virus? And, even if that is the case, this super advanced species doesn't have firewalls?

I have always thought if aliens ever did show themselves here we would have to hope like hell they are friendly. I do not fancy the alternative with me spending the rest of my life being milked like cattle!

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

To defeat the entire human race it would require one spacecraft piloted by one extra-terrestrial and one large meteorite…that’s how easy we are to kill in reality!

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by CitizenNum287119327
What makes you think they would negotiate in the first place?

Do kids with magnifying glasses negotiate with ants?

"Do kids with magnifying glasses negotiate with ants?"

Couldn't have summed it up any better!

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   
that 's why we have an atmosphere ans it will burn down the rock
no worries from rocks

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by estebadia
no worries from rocks

Try telling that to the dinosaurs

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by estebadia
no worries from rocks

I'm guessing you're not really all that familiar with certain impact craters all over the planet.
Here's one in Arizona: Meteor Crater

Then there's also the dinosaur killer at Chicxulub: Chicxulub Crater

Then there's the Tunguska event that didn't leave a crater: Tunguska Event

... and there's many many more all over the planet.

'rock' coming from space can decribe anything from the size of a tiny pebble, on up to something as big as some Countries, regions, or continents like Australia.

edit on 13-4-2012 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by LUXUS
reply to post by LUXUS

To defeat the entire human race it would require one spacecraft piloted by one extra-terrestrial and one large meteorite…that’s how easy we are to kill in reality!

So that means it's highly likely we're currently being used, we've been protected, or a mixture of both, because saying that we're either the only species in the universe or that the most intelligent species out there doesn't have the brains to detect life from Earth is just pretty insane if you ask me.

Maybe you should ring NASA and ask!

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   
These movies are only warnings to the Aliens floating out into space. We will win so stay away.
I don`t understand why we must always win. It would be a shocker to end badly and a movie worth seeing.

Although When Mars Attacks was pretty good.
We come in Peace as they blast you.

We could destroy Asteroids as seen in movies. Divert Volcano Lava as seen in movies and kick serious alien butt in many ways. But all in all it`s none of that that worries me it`s the humans that seem to be the largest threat to this planet and everything on it.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Well.... Negotiations are going on. A false one between us and them. But a real one between different species of them. An idea is to use three strong off earth genetic engineered different viruses (one built for air deliverance, one designed for food. And one boosted by water) could eliminate all human life from this planet in a matter of a few days. however, one species wants to save us. They however again are having a hard time making a case for saving us ( outside looking in we dont deserve to survive. Even worse, putting someone in the ground for up close observation. We lack sincer caring for one another with the exception of a few given our total numbers) so it goes, save a few, kill the rest and for the bunker survivors. Well eventually you have to come out. And neutralizing the electron will force that hand.

So...... Negotiate?? Nope.
Defend ourselves, good luck!

Best case case for survival, embrace that humility we as a species have failed to be balanced onthis planet. Failed to be a great people ( human ). And failed to love one another ( foolish religous beliefs, and extreme racial division ) ehhhh.

Like what was said in The 300 " our number stand for nothing, and our weapons even less. Well we could kill each other which we are extremely good at for the most frivalous reasons.

Sorry for the typos!!! Smartphoned it! Hahahahaha

Just my opinion here

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   
I don't think we have anything they want. Besides, a species is never allowed to posess such advanced technology if they collectively have s**t for brains like we do. The reason we fantasize about hostile alien invasions is because that's what mankind would do, that is, we project our crappy way of thinking onto others. If anything aliens come to our planet to a) observe b) help.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by PLASIFISK
so it goes, save a few, kill the rest and for the bunker survivors.

Sorry but that'd be completely backwards to any species with enough intelligence. It should be remove a few from power and influence, then see how we go from that point onwards. Not kill most of us because of the selfish actions of a minority.

Any species with enough brains can check what's been going on throughout our history and end up with a small group of people that caused most of the problems, and any species that thinks we should be mostly wiped out doesn't have enough intelligence to be making the decisions in the first place.
edit on 13-4-2012 by robhines because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   
The REAL reason why there are so many movies portraying that the USA (sorry, Earth) will save the world from an Alien invasion is due to their stupid agenda and the False Alien Invasion Flag coming to us in the near future. It is simply laying down the red carpet for all of us to believe that the governments will destroy, annihilate aliens no matter what.

We have no chance against them even if we were 20 years technological advanced than what we are now.

Those thinking that we stand a chance, keep watching that mind programming, "we can survive an alien invasion", "we will save the world" type movies. You are delusional!

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by robhines

Opinions.

You have yours, and i have mine.

Would you like to argue about this and prove my point?

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Flag and star! I like discussions like this!

Humans! Unite! Lol

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   
We are not in a position to negotiate really, basically we would have to give them whatever they want, hope that its not too much and pray that they wont hurt us. In a way it could be good for humans to feel this fear, to feel hopeless and insignificant…it might help us on an emotional/spiritual level.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Other than curiosity, they have no reason to come here. Many think they would be after our resources, but ,no. An advanced race wouldn't go into a gravity well to mine, they would just process asteroids for metals. Scoop the atmospheres of other planets for gases. Comets for water. We have nothing they would want.
edit on 13-4-2012 by DAVID64 because: spelling

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Its hilarious just to think that the mighty human race can be takeout simply by throwing a rock at us lol

top topics

<<   2 >>

join