It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Take this Poll: Should we go to war to prevent Iran from obtaining nuclear capabilities?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

i vote ...

no..

why should we interfere when their enemy has @ 300 nukes & will not sign NNT treaty w/the UN?

Four non-parties to the treaty are known or believed to possess nuclear weapons: India, Pakistan and North Korea have openly tested and declared that they possess nuclear weapons, while Israel has had a policy of opacity regarding its own nuclear weapons program.

who could blame them for wanting to even the odds?

its not a stalemate if you have a knife in a gun fight..

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Germanicus
reply to post by jiggerj

Hey,yeah I agree pretty much. It seems hopeless. I honestly think a form of militia should be the next 'movement'. OWS are pathetic. I have been looking around and I think the Wide Awake Republicans are a good bluebrint. They commanded respect. And they were scary.

If the Black Panthers can get away with dressing the way they do I cant see why we in the West cant form chapters of a malitia. Create our own Army. With a uniform,a standard and mission statement. We dont need to carry weapons when we march but it must be a march. An orderly organised march. We must intimidate. Let them know we are commited. There's gotta be something we can do to remove the duopoly. There is Americanselect and I have some small hope in that for your election but Im not filled with confidence thats for sure.
And sory about getting a little carried away there het

The way you got 'carried away' is something felt by millions, if not billions of us. The sad part is it's not that we can't do anything to stop all the bad things happening in our own countries, it's that we won't doing anything because it's all so overwhelming. I keep hearing how the big banks have all the control. Well, what would happen if we started our own national currency? And I mean currency that's good in my country, another currency that's only good in your country, and so on... This would render all the money completely valueless that is controlled by the Rothschilds, Morgans, and Rockefellers. THEY would be utterly broke! HAHA! Then again, I have NO knowledge of what this would entail or of the consequences

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flavian
reply to post by ofhumandescent

Give Iran nuke technology for me. Give everyone that technology if they think it will benefit them.

LOL It's not that I want them to have it; I just don't want millions of people to die in a war because of it, especially when, sooner or later, Iran and every other backwoods, fanatical nation will get it anyway. If we just step aside (the U.S.) then these Islamic nations will stop thinking about us and will once again focus on hating their neighbors. And, in the name of allah they will literally blow themselves to kingdom come. They WILL do it!

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by ofhumandescent
reply to post by Flavian

I think every bomb should be sent to the sun.
No nukes.
None.

AHHHH! If I could make commandments for mankind to obey, a few of them would be:

Thou shalt NOT mess with the sun.
Thou shalt not mess with the moon.
Thou shalt not mess with the earth's core.
Thou shalt not make products where the manufacturing waste is no longer compatible with the earth.

Plus, if we threw radioactive material at the sun, I think the solar winds would throw it right back. Yikes!
Let's just shoot the missiles out into open space where the missiles would just keep on going.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
the united states had no problem allowing n.korea to have nuclear weapons. and they're launching ballistic missiles all over the pacific sea.

their punishment: no free rice.

iran and n.korea can defend themselves and cause hundreds of thousands of american casualties.

iraq and afghanistan can't.

thats why they were invaded and iran and n.korea won't be.

and a air strike, is pointless, besides causing oil prices to go thru the roof, right before obama's election.

so there will be no strike on iran, unless israel does it alone to undermine obama and his perceived lack of sufficient friendship forever rhetoric.

in which case, israel will be alone when hundreds of missiles are launched at their cities.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by InfoKartel
The Earth is fine. It was here before millions of years before us and will be here after us for millions of years. We humans, are not okay though. I can understand that if people live in suburbia and were raised just fine, that a few stitches may have come loose and that's why they would rather their brothers and sisters suffer than for a tree to be uprooted.

And if you truly cared about this planet you would observe the effects that both nuclear energy and traditional energy have caused, to nature and to us humans, socially and economically. I bet you have not done that yet. Take care.

Well that's the finest piece of insanity I've ever read.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

This is REALLY a question that the troops on ground/sea and land should answer... Some may want military centralizing in 1 area so they can eliminate themselves and those centralized in the region. It would be nice if ALL the ignorant who would cause this destruction were abducted for better discussions amongst the issue havers of EA*RTH..

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Absolutely NO!

Did Japan not teach anyone anything? No nuclear is to much already!

War cannot ever be justified. We should solve our problems more maturely than ever trying to maintain peace through war. That's just silly.

Also, I don't believe there are any truly honorable reason to attack Iran. If the US can have nuclear why do they feel indignant if other nations do? Thats just silly.

Iran did not bring you FEMA CAMPS, RFID chips, Aspartine, Chemtrails, HAARP, Big Pharma, Codex elimentaris (whatever spelling), Monsanto or many other filthy agendas. Neither did they ever cause any war, deception, financial corruption, or dumbing down kids.

Leave them alone.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Considering that the issue of a nuclear Iran is only a cover for the real reason American forces would invade Iran, I think not attacking Iran because of nuclear weapons is a given. The US will be attacking Iran because of the country's religious and governmental policies regarding how the financial sector should operate, not because they may have nuclear weapons..
edit on 13-4-2012 by OrchusGhule because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Uh. No. Going to war over something we have already done is hypocritical as hell. We need to leave Iran alone and concentrate on healing our own dying country.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
"Nuclear energy is one hell of a way to boil water." -Albert Einstein

Nuclear power was pushed onto the American public under the ruse of using nuclear capabilities in a peaceful manner. In reality, it was done as a cover up to build up our nuclear arsenals. It was all on behalf of the military and the quest for total world dominance. The truth is, nuclear energy is so dangerous and expensive, no private company would invest in it. It was only after they socialized all risks due to accidents and waste containment onto the government (read you and me) and were given all sorts of government subsidies that companies were persuaded to build these plants. Why wouldn't they - it was risk free for them. As for you and me, we are paying the price in higher cancer rates, especially in areas close to nuclear power plants, and now we have to live with Fukushima, which is radiating the whole planet. Look at how many of these aging and dangerous reactors we have operating in our own country. They were built to last only 20-40 years and are operating way beyond their life spans. It's a no-brainer - Fukushima type accidents are just a matter of time in our own country as well. Wake up and shut these plants down!

War on Iran - absolutely not. They are surrounded by nuclear trigger happy US bases all along their borders. The only way they see to protect themselves and their resources is to play the same nuclear weaponry game we have been playing for decades. The only threat I see here is the USA, who has attacked countless countries since WWII. How many countries has Iran attacked in those years?

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
NO!! because we would be complete and utter hypocrites in the worst sense possible to demand another nation not develop nukes when we have em and we think we have the divine right to have them.

Oh wait, our administrations are complete and utter hypocrites. My bad.
edit on 13-4-2012 by sweetstuff because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

I am much more concerned about a nuclear mishap or nuclear miscalcuation among standing nuclear powers than the threat a nuclear armed Iran may or may not pose.

So far as I'm concerned there is only one safe deterent and that is worldwide nuclear disarmament. Engaging Iran militarily on the basis of its nuclear program is, in my mind, something like treating a cancer with its own mutagen--it feeds the underlyiing problem.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
No.

I don't feel we have the right to tell ANY country what they can do and when or how.

Now having said that I do believe it would be dangerous for them to have nuclear capability, and somebody would probably pay for it down the road.

Personally, I would let them pursue it and make it EXTREMELY, EXTREMELY clear that if they are EVER used towards the United States that retaliation would be IMMEDIATE, EXTREME & society ending for them.

It's a touchy subject because we shouldn't have the right to tell other countries how to run their business but on the other hand if you let them have it then unfortunately a lot of people will probably die.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I recommend giving the people of Iran nuclear power, however i do not recommend giving nuclear power to Islamists or their theocratic regime for obvious reasons. Mark my words, the day Islam gains nuclear weapons capability Israel will disappear in a flash of white light. As we have seen from history and the modern day, their religion says martyrs go to heaven, so killing several million muslims for them would be a victory and they would drop it on their own people to achieve the ultimate victory of wiping Israel off the map. You cannot fight a death cult with brute force, you have to tear it apart from the inside out.
edit on 13-4-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I agree. No idiots should have nuclear power.

So Americans should not have them.
edit on 13-4-2012 by Siddharta because: #, those stupid letters

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I am not a decision maker. Indeed, I am only a lowly army aircraft mechanic. But, you hear things around the base. Should we engage Iran militarily? Perhaps. But before we do that we should carefully consider the cost/benefit analysis. A war in Iran would cost a lot of money we simply don't have. Simply put, with the cuts going on right now the Army, and in general, the military would be hard pressed to hold a consistent force in the area. The mission would simply be too big for the US to handle alone.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
N O

There is nothing in the last 60 years that justified war.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

In my opinion- No War..Whats the Point. Go Special OPS and be Specific..have you ever seen Man On Fire Method..Destroy the Weapon..No Human Life Lost..

We cannot fix the Middle East..They have their own ways. We are not perfect ourselves so how can we even began to fix them?

Personally, I think they are already capable..But what good would come out of any of us destroying each other?

None of us need Nuclear Weapons.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Hello ATS,

New member here, first post:

I have seen no information that would suggest that Iran would attempt to strike the U.S.A with a WMD if one was procured. Iran has made it clear that if Israel or Turkey attacks they would retaliate in full force.

www.israelnationalnews.com...

www.reuters.com...

Iran has basically said they will use a nuke if they are being attacked. I am of the opinion that Iran is of no threat to the National Security of the U.S.A. at this time. It must be recognized that the U.S.A. has a symbiotic relationship with the rest of the world. It has become a global economy that our currency, jobs, pensions, 401ks, etc...are tied into. We cannot turn our backs on the worlds problems and not be effected by it. However, we cannot police the world. It is not our place to do so.

The United States of America should step back and allow Israel to administer their own foreign policy. Give Israel a chance to show they are sovereign. Let's respect Prime Minister Netanyahu's request for the U.S.A. to let Israel be "the master of its fate."

www.bbc.co.uk...

If Israel needs our support, let them ask for it. We can then show the world what it means to be a friend of the U.S.A.

Let us keep in mind that only one country, so far, has been crazy enough to unleash a nuke (or two) on its enemy. For those of you riddled by this:

I do not want to start a debate on what justified the killing of nearly 350,000 Japanese civilians (including women, children, elderly). Perhaps we should reach out to Iran with diplomacy. We should sit down and meet, without "pre-conditions," and politely explain that if they use ANY type of wmd on ANY country on this planet the U.S.A. will not come and attack, we will come and CONQUER. We will eradicate Iran off the map and turn it into the 51st State of America. In time, it will have a baseball team, a McDonalds, a Home Depot, and a Bank Of America. If they think we are kidding refer them to Japan.

If Iran becomes nuclear and is responsable with that power, great! It will be a small step towards mankinds evolution towards a type 1 civilization.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join