It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Pic That Speaks For Itself

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 03:43 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by KaelemJames

It does make my ears bleed, maybe thats the plan all along!!

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 03:58 AM
link   

LOL

Dubstep is not my style, therefore it might indeed be alien in nature.

vvv

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Hahah

DJ Alien Death Threat

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 03:59 AM
link   
rofl,...nice

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by furling

Haha
Their plan is still working.

reply to post by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

I work in the industry, and i should not be talking behind the backs of those i know, or so their productions. But, 90% of the genre is pure crap, and now i am being kind. One cannot call it music.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 04:42 AM
link   
l
o
l

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 05:32 AM
link   

I love it.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by KaelemJames
reply to post by furling

Haha
Their plan is still working.

reply to post by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

I work in the industry, and i should not be talking behind the backs of those i know, or so their productions. But, 90% of the genre is pure crap, and now i am being kind. One cannot call it music.

Having a bit of trouble with the youtube links, but check Skrillex - monsters and nice sprites amongst others.

Not music?! Reminds me of the old timers calling Rock not music.

Then: It's the devil's music!!!

Now: It's the gray aliens' music!!!

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Yeah look, taste regarding everything is subjective.

Personally I hate dubstep. It just sounds a bit, hrm, how can I say, not connected, not flowing. Incomplete.

But hey, there are many who love it. So party on!!! lol

vvv

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Snoopy1978

No, imo 90+% of Dubstep is just noise. There is no "true" production behind it nowadays.

I bet you that i know more about the genre than what you think i do.

ps: Skrillex is lucky to be on Deadmau5's label and to have other well known producers as friends, else he wouldn't be where he is. With good music videos & decent directors behind it, mostly anything will work. It still does not make him good.

Take someone WHO DON'T know Skrillex, and play them (Skrillex - First of the Year) on audio, and wait for reaction of approval and then show them the video. They will like the song way more after watching the video. I think that certain video has had 50 million + views on youtube thus far.

AC Slater, Liquid Stranger, Jack Beats on the other hand i do love as a Dubstep producers.

Still, to each their own. I love music, if it is well produced, no matter the genre, i do appreciate it. Music is my life, literally.

edit on 09/02/2012 by KaelemJames because: added

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 06:25 AM
link   

That's like me saying 90% of modern rock is utter crap. I mean, rock guitars? Sounds like someone swinging a cat by its tail. Listen to those skinny dudes screaming into the microphone like they just stubbed their toe or those long haired freaks' guttural barking. Broken "music"! Now "The Platters", Josephine Baker or Yma Sumac. Now that's REAL music.

You see, when it comes to tastes, you cant just pull a number from under your tail and declare others' pleasure as utter unfinished crap. Well, you can, but the response wont be 90% positive, will it?

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Snoopy1978

As you stand by your point, so do i stand by mine. I can't talk for you, i have just over 20 years experience in the industry. We welcome new genres and styles. We expect new styles, and we work on it everyday of our lives, to create that "something different".

As in Dubstep there are failures in every other genre. I am being generous (IMO) when i say that 90% of current Dubstep are failures. Out of 4 Dubstep packs, 150 tracks each, we got 3 songs we found to be worth putting out there.

Do you know how many wannabe Dubstep producers are out there? These are the guys killing what Dubstep should be, or was. Music does need to evolve, oh hell, it does!!! And so do i with it! But, when it evolves to something that sounds so atrocious, i have to be true to myself and admit it.

Put on our FL Studio/Cakewalk/Sonar etc. and you can create your Dubstep with some cool wobble. It doesn't take much to create the Dubstep sound, but it does take a lot to produce it and end it with quality. And that is what most current Dubstep producers cannot produce, quality. I have learned in my life that anything that gets airtime, will get likes, no matter how awful it is.

I am not here to argue with you, as you love the genre, and i have no wish to try and change your mind. It is not like that.

Let me just say that i cannot give a %, you are correct. Imo though, i think that what i have said is close to that %. Like saying, 1 out of every 10 Dubstep producers produces quality, even though it is more like 1 out of every 20. Though nowadays, every other person has a pc with a studio production pack on it and most are "creating" what i call noise, and it will damage the genre. It will end the genre.

edit on 09/02/2012 by KaelemJames because: spelling/added

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Fair enough. I get your point. There are many homemade dubsteppers churning out trash, but the same can be said about rap, rock, whatever. Anyhow, as a fellow artist (in a much different branch), I appreciate you being so passionate about music.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Snoopy1978

Fair enough. I get your point. There are many homemade dubsteppers churning out trash, but the same can be said about rap, rock, whatever. Anyhow, as a fellow artist (in a much different branch), I appreciate you being so passionate about music.

I was thinking that you are in the scene, too

Much respect

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   

You want to see a REAL JOKE! Try this on for size....

My ATS Buddy qonone has the same Avatar as you and is also from SA!
So what's going on here? You pranking us buddy? LOL!!

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by TortoiseKweek

Haha! How are you buddy?! Is Canada still treating you well?

Back in Feb when ATS did that whole reset i could not reset my pass, cos my ATS was registered via an old email which i can't access anymore. After requesting from a certain mod i was told my ip's are not the same. As you will know in S.A we use Telkom, Vodacom & MTN, so i didn't wanna explain and go through all that schlep.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 05:49 AM
link   

OMG! That is hilarious! I totally understand that situation with Telkom, MTN, Vodacom etc.... Try explaining that to a mod, and good luck....LMAO!!

So how you doing boet? Still working at the same place, and living in the South? I'm hoping to get out there by end of this year for a holiday..... I miss my family and friends, and SA people!

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by TortoiseKweek

Yes, still there and others, too.

Have been doing some studio work more often, well in a sense of rigging up my own. Times are tough to do just "one" job down here.

When you come visit you should definitely give me a shout so we can go for some pub crawling!

And if you struggle with the travel and the things that go with that, inbox me. My fiance can probably very well help you out better than any other working in travel

new topics

top topics

join