It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Which instruments do you play?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 03:31 AM
link   
When I was younger, I played the recorder, harmonica, xylophone and violin. These days, I sometimes play guitar but mostly enjoy listening to music instead of making it. One day I hope to learn bass, drums and piano. Wish I could sing

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 03:38 AM
link   
If we're talking about which ones we can play well (haha) then I have to say just guitar. I've been playing for 12 years, since I was 13

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 03:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Dark Ghost

I play the guitar and sing, And yesterday I got a keyboard so gonna learn how to play that now
Music is good for the body and soul

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 03:44 AM
link   
As a kid - Trombone! woohoo "We do it in 7 positions"

haha

But once I could afford my own instruments - Turntablist, and beenn working on an electronic drum pad

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 03:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Nick_X

Something like this

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 04:09 AM
link   
guitar bass keys trumpet french horn saxaphone clarinet harmonica banjo mandolin and a few more... realistically I play guitar and bass and keys the most... though I do occasionally still play some brass

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 05:24 AM
link   
i play a 5-string fretless bass with a high C. been at it for ages.

jazz standards and a fretless bass melody/solo sound so sweet

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Just wanted to say that in jr high school and high school I played piano, trumpet, baritone, tuba, french horn, clarinet, sax, and a pearl double kicker drum set. I even took a few violin lessons. Trumpet is my strong suit but I can literally pick up any instrument and play it. Even play guitar and right my own lyrics now. I love music and believe that it is a universal language. Thank you and you all have a blessed day.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 05:47 AM
link   
i make electronic music, drum n bass, dubstep etc....if there are any good singers out there, please give me a shout..always struggle to find quality vocals! love, stu

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 06:27 AM
link   
I play my Story & Clark Harmonium, trombone and violin badly.
Good news is I can actually sing.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Me, i play my mouth and sometimes (about 50 % of the time), well, a whislte is produced by pure luck.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   
I used to play saxophone in my schools marching band...I was that band geek

I kinda taught myself how to play piano from youtube this guy is a good teacher

And on my way to learning the guitar.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Nice to see so may musical people on ATS.
I play the Doumbek.

It's a blast and very therapeutic

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Pianoforte

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
As you can see from my avatar, I play drums, lett-handed unusually, but I also had classical piano lessons at school, and I sometimes play keyboards, I have tried to write a few songs, but they ddon't amount to much,

Roy

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Trumpet, French Horn, Guitar, Key and I sing. Actually, in high school, I received the National Choral Award. Seems we have a lot of talent here on ATS. Maybe we should get a group going.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Mate It's this one actually =)

As a tech geek I have mass respect for digital instruments, I think it's a good direction and pushes sounds to new heights and increases the amount of sound a single person can generate.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Great Thread S&F.
Our daughter is still learning to play her 21 string Guzheng it looks like this.

My sister and myself play the 23 stringed Guzheng. Yes it is a very old Chinese instrument, I believe it dates to the Hans dynasty.

Of-course my sister has always been Much Better and I have and always well be Very Proud of her.
Here is a video if anyone is interested.

When the family gets together, my husband just leans back and listens, he can't Sing,,,,, Thanks The G_ds!

I wanted to add another video with my sister and the Girls all playing Traditional Chinese Instruments. I hope you enjoy the instruments.

edit on 16-4-2012 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Guitar,sax.,trumpet, drums.
Sang with a street corner acapella
do-wop group. I'm a 50's greeser
from thr real old days

Still sing once in a while.

CX

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I've been teachiing myself the acoustic guitar for about a year now, really enjoy it, i love the fact that you can take it anywhere, and i've passed the knowledge onto my daughters who are better than me now lol.

I also recently bought myself an open backed banjo, have always loved bluegrass so i thought it was time to bite the bullet and get one. Have ought a mandolin too.

If i was in charge of the country, i'd give every child an instrument of their choice.

CX.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join