It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-gay adverts pulled from bus campaign by Boris Johnson

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Here's an extract from the guardian link:

The mayor of London, Boris Johnson, intervened to prevent a Christian advertising campaign from promoting the idea that gay people can be converted to heterosexuality.
Just days before the posters were due to appear on buses in the capital, Johnson ordered his transport chiefs to pull the adverts booked by two conservative Anglican groups following outrage among gay campaigners and politicians saying that they were homophobic. The adverts were booked on behalf of the Core Issues Trust whose leader, Mike Davidson, believes "homoerotic behaviour is sinful".

His charity funds "reparative therapy" for gay Christians, which it claims can "develop their heterosexual potential". The campaign was also backed by Anglican Mainstream, a worldwide orthodox Anglican group whose supporters have equated homosexuality with alcoholism. The advert was due to say: "Not gay! Post-gay, ex-gay and proud. Get over it!"

So any such thing as post-gay? I am glad Boris intervened I can't believe in 2012 that people are still adamant that homosexuality is something that needs to be treated. Also I wonder how gay christians feel about this poster?

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 03:55 AM
link   
I'm wondering why an hetero should care...

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by FraternitasSaturni

Well thanks for the insightful reply. So I take it only issues that concern white hetrosexual english women will be all I look into from now on.
edit on 13-4-2012 by eyesdown because: spelling

join