It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guns N' Roses frontman Axl Rose rejects Hall of Fame

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

It is still "Guns N' Roses" even without the original line-up. Axl owns the name "Guns N' Roses," so technically, he is still playing with Guns N' Roses.

In name only....unless they are all playing onstage together, they can NEVER be GNR....couldn't produce the same sound without all the elements the same....that's what I meant. Just like the old band Lynryd Skynryd is still around, but in name only. Without Ronnie Van Zandt as the frontman, it's not the same sound no matter how hard his brother tries to sound the same.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by digital01anarchy

always loved GNR but there are so many other better guitarist then slash

Not necessarily better...completely different styles. They are great in their own particular way.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

Ahhhhh Sweet Child of Mine.....

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frankenchrist
Why did GnR get nominated anyways?

They had 1 good album.

Where as Rakim, the man that elevated hip hops rhyming skills to the next level, a true God MC, gets turned away?

If there was no Rakim, we would still be saying " a hip hop, boogie to the bang bang boogie, up jump the boogie"

Because hip hops rhyming skills have all but destroyed the music industry.
Can't write a song these days without some fat head rapper in it.

That's why

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
What a shame. A lot of musical greats are a tad nuts.
Axl is no exception. The original GNR was out of this world fantastic, really. They had impeccable timing and were all incredibly talented.
Since Axl has come out of 'rehab' he is different. The original GNR is gone now and there will never be a substitution. Axl, like alot of great artists, thinks it was all about him. He fails to comprehend the team he had. and there will never be another team like it. Frankly, his newest album sucked.

I think it's a shame he won't let his fans have the satisfaction of having the origlnal GNR in the hall of fame.
that's how odd and bitter he is, he refuses to share fame.
just my 2 cents.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Ya! reject that crap just like the Pistols did - well done guys!

And funny that! what's up with all these old geezers in my age doing all these old Pistols cover hits as a tribute all of the time?

Why is that?

I have the urge to blame the good man Steve Jones from the Pistols for the bad influenece!

Or maybe Lenny? (Who in my opinon should be there in the hall already)

edit on 13-4-2012 by Chevalerous because: Some YT pröblem

edit on 13-4-2012 by Chevalerous because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by tombangelta

Originally posted by Frankenchrist
Why did GnR get nominated anyways?

They had 1 good album.

Where as Rakim, the man that elevated hip hops rhyming skills to the next level, a true God MC, gets turned away?

If there was no Rakim, we would still be saying " a hip hop, boogie to the bang bang boogie, up jump the boogie"

Because hip hops rhyming skills have all but destroyed the music industry.
Can't write a song these days without some fat head rapper in it.

That's why

What's the deal with all the newer songs getting ruined with some rapper preaching in the middle of it? The rapping doesnt even fit into these songs, just ruins them. Whyyy?

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Snoopy1978

Its not even rapping anymore...

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

They did in fact play tonight.Slash,Duff,Steven Adler and Matt Sorum,Gilby as well.Miles Kennedy on vocals.Sorum And Adler rotated on drums.It was broadcast on the offical rock and roll hall of site..Mr Brownstone,Sweet Child O' Mine and Paradise City.When I find a link to the story I'll post it.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 02:35 AM
link   
www.usatoday.com...

There's the link.There was an audio link available on youtube earlier but it appears to have been taken down.Just figured I'd add this to the thread.

"Chris Rock also referenced Axl Rose's absence as the clock neared 1 a.m., saying "Even if he was coming tonight, he wouldn't have been here by now."

I was able to catch that comment on the live feed and it was hilarious because it's true

edit on 15-4-2012 by nightstalker78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 02:45 AM
link   
I dislike Myles Kennedy. And i actually really disliked how they out him up to sing.Disgraceful

That being said however, there was no one else that could sing, It was still good to see Slash, Stevie and Duff play together again, as well as Gilby and Matt.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital
I dislike Myles Kennedy. And i actually really disliked how they out him up to sing.Disgraceful

That being said however, there was no one else that could sing, It was still good to see Slash, Stevie and Duff play together again, as well as Gilby and Matt.

I have to agree with you.While I think Kennedy did okay on Slash's album..singing gnr tunes just isn't right.I was actually hoping maybe Duff would sing.They said they rehearsed "It's So Easy" but decided not to play it.I really don't think it turned out that bad though.Of course,we would all have loved for Axl to have to been there.I am curious though,this is supposed to broadcast on HBO here in the US in May.I'm wondering if they'll show any of their performance.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join