Guns N' Roses frontman Axl Rose rejects Hall of Fame

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Frankenchrist

Welcome back. Beastie Boys are awesome, and i have no idea why there are so many haters.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

The guy is the biggest pr**k in the rock world

I used the exact same word to describe him in my ealier post....

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

He he isn't wanted or respected? Give me a break! That boy is from Lafayette Indiana, and I knew his Mother and Dad. (worked on their cars)

I didn't get your whole post
but just FYI....

It's Axl not Axel
He's not a boy he's in his 40's
He has not been the singer for GNR in a long time...they broke up long aho.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

It is still "Guns N' Roses" even without the original line-up. Axl owns the name "Guns N' Roses," so technically, he is still playing with Guns N' Roses.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   
As a GNR fan I've always found Axl to be a real acid test to the ATS motto: Deny ignorance.

Everyone is soooo happy to bash the guy, yet probably everyone who's ever met the guy in real life (without an agenda that he didn't bow down to) have nothing but good to say about him and how he treats people. Yet the public audience draws conclusions based on media and other sources worse that third-hand hearsay or internet rumors.

Of all celebrities in the world, Axl probably holds himself to the highest of standards and should have his name synonymous with integrity. He's taken so much unjustified crap in the media it's no wonder he prefers to stay quiet. And even that is always turned against him. Then he writes an open letter and people who haven't even read the thing (even when it's available online... deny ignorance... hello!) are mouthing off again without any grounds beyond "He's a prick/egoist/primadonna/loser/sellout/hasbeen/whatever!" Which of course is the story of the music released by the current incarnation of GNR too...

And to add to the ignorance here, people are acting like RNRHOF is like a music industry Medal of Honor or something. It's not. It just sounds like it. But really... a private institution deciding who gets awarded and who doesn't. And the whole damn institution is the same age as GNR (+earlier incarnations). To me, GNR is a more prestigious institution

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by CTrider
As a GNR fan I've always found Axl to be a real acid test to the ATS motto: Deny ignorance.

Everyone is soooo happy to bash the guy, yet probably everyone who's ever met the guy in real life (without an agenda that he didn't bow down to) have nothing but good to say about him and how he treats people. Yet the public audience draws conclusions based on media and other sources worse that third-hand hearsay or internet rumors.

Of all celebrities in the world, Axl probably holds himself to the highest of standards and should have his name synonymous with integrity. He's taken so much unjustified crap in the media it's no wonder he prefers to stay quiet. And even that is always turned against him. Then he writes an open letter and people who haven't even read the thing (even when it's available online... deny ignorance... hello!) are mouthing off again without any grounds beyond "He's a prick/egoist/primadonna/loser/sellout/hasbeen/whatever!" Which of course is the story of the music released by the current incarnation of GNR too...

And to add to the ignorance here, people are acting like RNRHOF is like a music industry Medal of Honor or something. It's not. It just sounds like it. But really... a private institution deciding who gets awarded and who doesn't. And the whole damn institution is the same age as GNR (+earlier incarnations). To me, GNR is a more prestigious institution

Couldn't have said it better myself

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by CTrider

I have been around him as my boyfriend at the time was in the industry.We were at a recording studio in California where they were at the time He is a very deep thinking and quiet person....however...if he doesn't get his way, or the slightest thing pisses him off...LOOKOUT! I think he's bi polar to be honest...that's how quick he snaps. For instance, he will walk offstage during a concert in a snit and cheat the people who paid a lot for tickets. I am in no way saying he does not have a good side, just that he has a tendency to freak out without warning
So.....I am not just spewing "hearsay"....i have seen it first hand. I don't know him personally, but I was around enough to see how he is.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by StealthyKat
reply to post by CTrider

I have been around him as my boyfriend at the time was in the industry.We were at a recording studio in California where they were at the time He is a very deep thinking and quiet person....however...if he doesn't get his way, or the slightest thing pisses him off...LOOKOUT! I think he's bi polar to be honest...that's how quick he snaps. For instance, he will walk offstage during a concert in a snit and cheat the people who paid a lot for tickets. I am in no way saying he does not have a good side, just that he has a tendency to freak out without warning
So.....I am not just spewing "hearsay"....i have seen it first hand. I don't know him personally, but I was around enough to see how he is.

I hear you. And of course I have zero first-hand experience myself. But even with own experience, you (not just you personally) probably don't know the whole story most of the time. I mean, for example, something might seem like snapping quickly but reality might be that the issue is something he's spent days making sure it works the way it's supposed to and then when it's showtime things fail. And I'm quite sure this happens A LOT in the GNR universe. Also, when you actually take responsibility of important stuff, the pressure does mount up. And back in the day there was no one else in the band taking responsibility (Slash wasted, Duff wasted, Adler wasted/gone, Izzy gone/uninterested).

Anyway, my reply was just to emphasize the other perspective, not to undermine your first-hand expressions which probably have a lot of truth to them too. But I do disagree on the "cheating the ticketholders". Axl might annoy some of them by not getting on stage before he feels like he's able to give 120% show, but AFAIK, every time he's walked off or been a no-show it hasn't initially been his fault or choice. To me it's more like he's halted a gig or fifty to throw out idiots in the crowd who are bothering those who are there to enjoy the experience let alone the band.

Btw, he stated some years ago online that he hasn't been diagnosed bi-polar.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   
People don't want him because he is an asshole to everyone around him. Naturally no one is going to want anything to do with you if you're an unpleasant individual to be around. A lesson he should have learned in elementary school. Over the years he has done nothing but piss all over his fans and he wonders why no one likes him?

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
This doesn't surprise me. I had tickets to go see GnR when I was 14. I was so excited and Axle cancelled without reason a few days before. I still love the music, but I have been holding a grudge ever since.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by BrittanyLea
This doesn't surprise me. I had tickets to go see GnR when I was 14. I was so excited and Axle cancelled without reason a few days before. I still love the music, but I have been holding a grudge ever since.

And Axl hasn't changed, cancelling concerts and those concerts that aren't, he's usually 30 minutes to 3 hours late.
I saw him and his band in 2010 in Sweden and he was late and completely drunk. Even as a big fan of GN'R i can understand his bad reputation, it's really not undeserved.

It would've really surprised me if Axl had shown up at that Hall of Fame but first of all he's afraid of meeting Slash and second, that "Hall of Fame" is one of the biggest jokes on this planet. Axl isn't even the first to reject them (Sex Pistols did it too)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frankenchrist
Why did GnR get nominated anyways?

They had 1 good album.

Where as Rakim, the man that elevated hip hops rhyming skills to the next level, a true God MC, gets turned away?

If there was no Rakim, we would still be saying " a hip hop, boogie to the bang bang boogie, up jump the boogie"

Lol GnR had plenty of great albums. Rakim over GnR...are you serious or seriously drunk?

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
In response to a few posts back - if I walk into a music store blindfolded, and it has 10 Marshall stacks with 10 Les Paul's and 10 guitar players all playing at once, one of them being Slash - I can guarantee you I'll be able to pick out which one is Slash!

That's how I know when a musician can sing through his instrument - Slash definitely has soul and I can totally hear (feel) it in his playing. There are a zillion guitar players wielding the Les Paul through Marshall combo, but very few can actually pull it off, let alone play with soul.

Axl Rose is a very talented individual as well. He's also a smart business man. He's also a complete Prima Donna Douche bag! The whole interview I saw recently on That Metal Show made me dislike him even more!

Also... the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame is a joke!

But hey, at least they're (the GnR guys) making a living doing what they love right?

Disclaimer: My opinion means absolutely nothing!

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by the_philth

In response to a few posts back - if I walk into a music store blindfolded, and it has 10 Marshall stacks with 10 Les Paul's and 10 guitar players all playing at once, one of them being Slash - I can guarantee you I'll be able to pick out which one is Slash!

Damn straight! That's true with all the greats.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by CTrider

Yes, your right....I'm sure he's complicated and since I don't know him on a real personal level....I can't say. Back then, like you said, they were heavy into "substances". I saw him smash a bottle of Jack Daniels into a wall because the pizza guy got his order wrong ( we left the next day)........but don't we all?

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by nightstalker78

Beastie Boys are some of the greatest musicians of all time. A few good songs? Shows you don't have enough knowledge to comment.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by BrittanyLea

I also had tickets to a GNR show and Axel had a fit and the band didn't come on for hours, I had to leave to catch the last metro home and never saw them.

Haven't supported them since.

Axl is an ass.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by nightstalker78

That explanation was all over the map. Seems like he took the long way home to say "Thanks but no thanks".

Makes you wonder what he would've ranted on about if he had accepted their offer.

If anything, he took a business decision personal. Bad move on that front because I don't see anything good coming out of what he did.

He's a hell of a writer but he shoots himself in the foot by being self-serving about it all.

I like to hear him sing but I don't like to hear him talk.

Hoosiers...........what are gonna do with 'em?

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Personally I think Axle is depressed anymore. The weight gain could be a part of that...maybe, maybe not age can do that too. Just a hunch. I'm still a fan.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
always loved GNR but there are so many other better guitarist then slash

megadeth

panter RIP dime

and many many others

Ps note i didn't add Metallica thats because dave the lead singer in megadeth helped write on every album up to the black album and just about everything after that album sucked except a few song
edit on 13-4-2012 by digital01anarchy because: (no reason given)

new topics
top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join