It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guns N' Roses frontman Axl Rose rejects Hall of Fame

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital

Originally posted by nightstalker78

Originally posted by StealthyKat
GNR is one of my all time favorite bands, but Axl is a drama queen and a pric*. Slash is the man!

I actually dislike Slash now days. He is highly over-rated and he has majorly sold out. Axl stuck with what he wanted to do, and for that, i repsect him. He went and done ballads in Chinese Democracy and got ridiculed for it. It's what he wanted to do. But yes, i am pissed that he isn't attending tomorrow.

How can you say he's sold out?Slash did the samething Axl did.Did what he felt was right for him.I love GNR but Chinese Democracy is not GNR.It is a decent album but it does not compare to anything "they" did previously.Also,I think Slash's album was way better.There's a reason the new GNR is playing the classics and not so much off of CD.

Slash played with numerous different artists to break into those specific markets and their audiences. Slash sold out - plain and simple. Axl stuck with what was right and done what he wanted to do, not for the money (which is what Slash done). Thre is also a reason why Slash plays GN'R songs everywhere he goes. because he likes the money which rides in, and if he wants to keepon doing what he is doing, then he should stop destroying GN'R songs by playing them with Myles Kennedy and Fergie.

He played with different artists because that's what real muscians do.Axl on the other hand is milking GNR for all it's worth.Slash has branched out and has put out original music.While Axl has just used the GNR name to make money even though the product(CD) isn't that great.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Question....what are everyone's favorite GNR song? This is mine.....and I love Slashes haunting guitar in it....and the lyrics...

This is my favorite too.And it's also why I started playing guitar.I also love Don't Damn Me,The Garden,Dead Horse and Shotgun Blues!!

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by nightstalker78

It's such a complex song, and the SOUNDS he gets from that guitar....damn....the solos give me chills! Axls piano is killer too....I hope Axl gets over his snit, because despite everything I would love for them to get back together....

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 05:04 AM
link   

GNR is one of my all time favorite bands, but Axl is a drama queen and a pric*. Slash is the man!

I actually dislike Slash now days. He is highly over-rated and he has majorly sold out. Axl stuck with what he wanted to do, and for that, i repsect him. He went and done ballads in Chinese Democracy and got ridiculed for it. It's what he wanted to do. But yes, i am pissed that he isn't attending tomorrow.

How can you say he's sold out?Slash did the samething Axl did.Did what he felt was right for him.I love GNR but Chinese Democracy is not GNR.It is a decent album but it does not compare to anything "they" did previously.Also,I think Slash's album was way better.There's a reason the new GNR is playing the classics and not so much off of CD.

Slash played with numerous different artists to break into those specific markets and their audiences. Slash sold out - plain and simple. Axl stuck with what was right and done what he wanted to do, not for the money (which is what Slash done). Thre is also a reason why Slash plays GN'R songs everywhere he goes. because he likes the money which rides in, and if he wants to keepon doing what he is doing, then he should stop destroying GN'R songs by playing them with Myles Kennedy and Fergie.

He played with different artists because that's what real muscians do.Axl on the other hand is milking GNR for all it's worth.Slash has branched out and has put out original music.While Axl has just used the GNR name to make money even though the product(CD) isn't that great.

That's what sellouts do, especially when they play with the likes of Fergie. Axl along with the current GN'R have released songs of their own, and they should not be compared to those of AFD. Yes, Slash has made original music of his own, but all he does while on tour is play GN'R songs, milking them as well. Chinese Democracy, when compared with "Slash" destroys it.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

That's a hard question, as all of their songs are excellent. one of my favourites though would have to be Civil War:

Yeaaaah....that's a great one...

Another great one.....I CRANK this one LOL!

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Chinese Democracy is the worst album I have heard.I have heard Limp Bizkit albums that I prefer, and I hate Limp Bizkit with a passion. And since when does a band or artist get away with making such a crap album after such blistering early success?

I remember when Metallica bought out the Black Album. After making thier name as a balls out thrash band, writing the instruction manual for thrash metal in the form of the albums Kill Em All , right through to And Justice For All, and gaining legions of loyal fans through that pacey, angry style, they threw the whole thing down the toilet by writting the thrice damned black album, which would have been awesome, if they hadnt written four better albums previously. After this point they consistently released utter garbage until Death Magnetic, which is getting back on the path they should never have left.

The same thing applies to Chinese Democracy for me. It is a step backwards. Bands should become more hardcore, not less, as they age, and thier skills improve. Not become wraithly shadows of themselves, digging away at thier own graves. If the best material a band has is its old stuff, then screw the new stuff. I think the thing to remember here is, that when a band changes, unless it is properly magic through and through, it dies. Slayer didnt die, because they never changed. Ozzy's music will never die, because it always has the same intent, and Slashes guitar style will never die, because unless Slash gets parkinsons or something, his guitar will always sound like his guitar.

GNR as it stands however, well... I would rather attatch them all to a main battle tanks outer hull during a fire fight and video the results than ever hear thier work again.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 05:19 AM
link   

That's what sellouts do, especially when they play with the likes of Fergie. Axl along with the current GN'R have released songs of their own, and they should not be compared to those of AFD. Yes, Slash has made original music of his own, but all he does while on tour is play GN'R songs, milking them as well. Chinese Democracy, when compared with "Slash" destroys it.

Wrong.I don't agree with him playing with Fergie but come on that does not make him a sellout.The current GNR have released nothing.They're touring on a record that's 4 years old.And they're playing the classic GNR tunes.Sorry but I'll take "Slash" over Chinese Democracy any day.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 05:24 AM
link   

reply to post by nightstalker78

It's such a complex song, and the SOUNDS he gets from that guitar....damn....the solos give me chills! Axls piano is killer too....I hope Axl gets over his snit, because despite everything I would love for them to get back together....

They're not getting back together.I'd love for that to happen too,but it won't.I grew up with GNR and I've met pretty much every original band member,except Steven Adler.In fact when I saw them this past October,while waiting in line to get in Axl walked by,shook my hand and said "See you in a few hours" .Quite awesome.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 05:25 AM
link   
I read another article where he was saying he didnt want to show because it would be an awkward situation with his former bandmates. This guy needs to make up his mind.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 05:27 AM
link   
People need money. Maybe Slash needed money. And maybe he did it for the booty.

I wouldn't call the guy a sell out.

But I can tell you this.

You will never hear a Beastie song in a commercial.

Never.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frankenchrist

But I can tell you this.

Never.

I can guarentee you Slash doesn't need money

and get off the beastie boys.They're terrible and shouldn't even be mentioned with real musicians.Just saying.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frankenchrist

But I can tell you this.

Never.

I can guarentee you Slash doesn't need money

and get off the beastie boys.They're terrible and shouldn't even be mentioned with real musicians.Just saying.

You mad?

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Guns N' Roses recorded some great music.

I saw the original lie up live quite a few years back now and they were very good - at the time they seemed to have a tightness that only very few bands have - shame it went the way it did and they all seem to have become a bit of a cabaret act.

Thing is, like most people in the music industry they began to believe the hype themselves and they all seem to have an overwhelming sense of their own self-importance.
Quite frankly they make me want to vomit.

Music, and the world in general, needs a new 'punk'.....unfortunately the music industry is under so much control nowadays that anything or anyone new and with integrity quickly gets ostracised and isolated and they have to very much do it on their own and against the odds, something that is significantly harder today than it was back in the day.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 05:46 AM
link   
They've all shot themselves in the foot over this.
You'd think for once they'd all stop bitching and just take their awards and move on.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Wrong.I don't agree with him playing with Fergie but come on that does not make him a sellout.The current GNR have released nothing.They're touring on a record that's 4 years old.And they're playing the classic GNR tunes.Sorry but I'll take "Slash" over Chinese Democracy any day.

Being Slash and playing with Fergie makes you a sellout of the highest order. He has lowered himself to enter different markets in the music industry.

Slash done the album, played with Fergie, broke into Fergies audience (including all the teens). Most of the fanbase would buy/download that specific single, regardless of whether Slash was playing the guitar or not. Then all these teens are introduced to Slash, and without prior knowledge would think he is cool, because Fergie (or any other artist he played with) says so. Slash is widely known to teenagers of todays generation, and they don't even know his history with GN'R.

In this sense, Slash has sold out through using other artists to break into their fanbase.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 06:30 AM
link   

How did this get on ATS?

Anyway, being a huge rock fan for many years, and having seen Axl on stage, I can safely say that this is just yet another example of the biggest prima donna ever seen in rock music throwing his toys out of the pram and being a spoiled teenager.

He's like a kid, constantly bitching and whining about the industry, constantly courting the press and then slapping them down, everything revolves around him!

The thing that annoys me the most about this guy is the hypocrisy of saying everything is about the fans and the music... how about actually turning up to your shows then Axl? How about not walking off stage ten times in a set because some kid in the front has a Slash t-shirt on or there's a bit of rain on the stage? How about acting like a grown-up and respecting your fans through actions rather than just words?

The guy is the biggest pr**k in the rock world. He doesn't deserve this kind of honor and I'm glad he's using this opportunity to disrespect everyone once again - maybe it'll finally show the fans just how arrogant he is and they'll stop pandering.

I love the old albums, but Axl's voice is gone, their energy is gone, he's nothing without Slash and he can't deal with that fact.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

Why does everyone think that Slash is GN'R??? It pisses me off, just as much as it would piss Axl, Duff, Izzy and Steven off. They all made the band. The current line-up is fine, they sound good live. I just think everyone has to lay off the Axl hate. Yeah he can be bitchy, but maybe if everyone stops being arseholes to him, he would stop with the bullcrap. Slash is just as much an arsehole. he played Sweet Child O' Mine with Fergie ffs, a song which Axl wrote, and Slash never liked.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 07:09 AM
link   

The hell with him! Someone tell me why RUSH!, a band that has been together for over 30ys and still going is not in the hall of fame? Pert, Lee, and Lifeson, are three of the best in the business. They don't attract neg. attention, they work hard and wrote songs that are legendary.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by xyankee

The hell with him! Someone tell me why RUSH!, a band that has been together for over 30ys and still going is not in the hall of fame? Pert, Lee, and Lifeson, are three of the best in the business. They don't attract neg. attention, they work hard and wrote songs that are legendary.

I'm back. The Beastie thread turned into fire.

But Hell Yeah!!! Rush!!!

For real.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   

He he isn't wanted or respected? Give me a break! That boy is from Lafayette Indiana, and I knew his Mother and Dad. (worked on their cars)
I remember when Axel left for California, how he was crying and thanking all of his friends and family for the chance....then just a few years later at a concert, he told the crowd with a bunch of idiots they were for paying so much for tickets. He got the BIG HEAD.

I think Guns and Roses needs to hire a new singer, and fire his worthless butt.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join