It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guns N' Roses frontman Axl Rose rejects Hall of Fame

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 04:03 AM
link   
Axle Rose needs to grow up and get over himself. He is the poster boy for why little children should not have hit records.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 04:09 AM
link   
GNR is one of my all time favorite bands, but Axl is a drama queen and a pric*. Slash is the man!

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frankenchrist

Originally posted by nightstalker78

Why did GnR get nominated anyways?

They had 1 good album.

Where as Rakim, the man that elevated hip hops rhyming skills to the next level, a true God MC, gets turned away?

If there was no Rakim, we would still be saying " a hip hop, boogie to the bang bang boogie, up jump the boogie"

Seriously?One good album?They had 4 good albums and 1 GREAT album.Hip hop is not rock and roll and it shouldn't even be considered for the ROCK N ROLL hall of fame.

Oh by the way.

Beastie Boys are in too.

Yeah and they shouldn't be.They're not good at all.They had a few catchy songs but that's it.

Not only that. They planted the seeds for gangster rap. Just ask Dr Dre and Ice Cube.

They also invented rap rock. A whole now genre of music altogether.

They are not only superior MCs. They are also a hardcore punk band.

On top of that they have released a few instrumental albums too.

And you said GnR had 3 good albums?

No they suck.They're not talented.All they did was piggyback a fad in the mid 80's to get famous.Then Anthrax did the same.You seriously didn't just call the beastie boys a a hardcore punk band did you?

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by bl4ke360

Why did GnR get nominated anyways?

They had 1 good album.

Where as Rakim, the man that elevated hip hops rhyming skills to the next level, a true God MC, gets turned away?

If there was no Rakim, we would still be saying " a hip hop, boogie to the bang bang boogie, up jump the boogie"

First of all, hip hop isn't music and second of all, GnR has far more than one good album.

Ok , can you tell me why it isn't music? You can dance to it.

I never heard a GnR song in the club personally.

Hip hop just isn't your thing.

It isn't music because it's all generic.It all sounds the same.Rhyme a few words to a generic beat and you've got hip hop.You've never heard GNR in a club because it's not meant to be played in a club.

Trust me.

Go find Paul's Botique by the Beastie Boys.

Listen 3 times.

Come back and report.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by StealthyKat
GNR is one of my all time favorite bands, but Axl is a drama queen and a pric*. Slash is the man!

I actually dislike Slash now days. He is highly over-rated and he has majorly sold out. Axl stuck with what he wanted to do, and for that, i repsect him. He went and done ballads in Chinese Democracy and got ridiculed for it. It's what he wanted to do. But yes, i am pissed that he isn't attending tomorrow.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by nightstalker78

No they suck.They're not talented.All they did was piggyback a fad in the mid 80's to get famous.Then Anthrax did the same.You seriously didn't just call the beastie boys a a hardcore punk band did you?

I respectfully disagree.....Slash is one of the best. Can you listen to this and not agree? Forget the band....just listen to the guitar.

edit on 4/13/2012 by StealthyKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 04:31 AM
link   

reply to post by nightstalker78

I respectfully disagree.....Slash is one of the best. Can you listen to this and not agree? Forget the band....just listen to the guitar.

I think you quoted the wrong person
I'm a huge GNR fan.And I've met Slash quite a few times.Even have his autographed pictures hanging on my walls

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 04:33 AM
link   
OOPS....sorry, I just got home from working all night

ETA....I see, you were referring to the Beastie Boys? Sorry.....*high fives ya for lovin Slash*

edit on 4/13/2012 by StealthyKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

I have listened to Slash many times, and yes he is awesome, but he has sold out in todays society. His album "Slash" was horrible. All Slash does while touring is ride the money train - playing GN'R songs with that Myles kennedy tool.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 04:39 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

I agree in part...it makes me sick to see him with the likes of FERGIE

He is a great guitarist, but yeah.....went down the wrong path...I guess he needs the money

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital

I actually dislike Slash now days. He is highly over-rated and he has majorly sold out. Axl stuck with what he wanted to do, and for that, i repsect him. He went and done ballads in Chinese Democracy and got ridiculed for it. It's what he wanted to do. But yes, i am pissed that he isn't attending tomorrow.

How can you say he's sold out?Slash did the samething Axl did.Did what he felt was right for him.I love GNR but Chinese Democracy is not GNR.It is a decent album but it does not compare to anything "they" did previously.Also,I think Slash's album was way better.There's a reason the new GNR is playing the classics and not so much off of CD.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Oh no, i have horrible memories of Fergie/Slash playing Sweet Child O' Mine coming back.

Oh geeze did they screw that up. I blame Slash in part for doing it for the money. If i was Axl, i'd hate him too.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Axl Rose, is , for want of a better word, a total bloody halfwit. Rather than swallow his pride, and actually apologise to his former band mates for being such a total moron, rather than mend the wounds he caused and reform the original band through genuine attonement and repentance, he would rather grind himself and any band he forms around him, into dust, by producing sub standard, crappy songs.

I saw him and the ghost of Guns 'N' Roses at Download festival in the UK a few years ago, and he/they put on the poorest performance of any band I have seen there. He flounced, he moaned, he proved himself to have no damned depth what so ever. He does not DESERVE to be in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Hall of Lame perhaps.

It is my opinion, that although when GNR was still in one piece they were a force to be reckoned with, Axl was not the talent that held them together, and it is only a matter of ownership of contracts and rights that allowed him to keep the name. If any one or any combination of the other band members had the business brain to have kept the rights to the name, then GNR might have continued to be a major force in rock and roll, with a different front man, one who actually respected the fans and his fellow band members alike.

But with that poor excuse for a man at the helm, the current version of GNR, and every version since the fall of the original band has and always will suck. In my estimation, the Hall of Fame should be for those who have been utterly unrelenting in thier awesomeness. Axl stopped being awesome the day Slash and the rest of the gang stopped being members of the band. That whining voice is not enough to get a man in the Hall of Fame, and not enough to gain or hold my respect.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 04:44 AM
link   

I have listened to Slash many times, and yes he is awesome, but he has sold out in todays society. His album "Slash" was horrible. All Slash does while touring is ride the money train - playing GN'R songs with that Myles kennedy tool.

He's an awesome guitarist.He hasn't sold out.He's not out there playing 20 GNR songs a night like Axl.I've seen him live through all of this..Snake Pit,Velvet Revolver and solo..I've only heard him play Mr Brownstone and It's so easy.I was with you in this thread until you mentioned tool..don't you think those clowns that are palying GNR songs are also tools?More so then Slash?Who,by the way,wrote those songs?

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 04:44 AM
link   

How can you say he's sold out?Slash did the samething Axl did.Did what he felt was right for him.I love GNR but Chinese Democracy is not GNR.It is a decent album but it does not compare to anything "they" did previously.Also,I think Slash's album was way better.There's a reason the new GNR is playing the classics and not so much off of CD.

Slash played with numerous different artists to break into those specific markets and their audiences. Slash sold out - plain and simple. Axl stuck with what was right and done what he wanted to do, not for the money (which is what Slash done). Thre is also a reason why Slash plays GN'R songs everywhere he goes. because he likes the money which rides in, and if he wants to keepon doing what he is doing, then he should stop destroying GN'R songs by playing them with Myles Kennedy and Fergie.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Axl has talent (example: the piano in November Rain) His problem is his lack of self control....he's childish and arrogant (and stubborn)....if he could just grow up, he could do things. A good friend of mine knew him when he was young (before he was famous and was just Bill Baily)....and he was a hothead then too.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 04:48 AM
link   

He's an awesome guitarist.He hasn't sold out.He's not out there playing 20 GNR songs a night like Axl.I've seen him live through all of this..Snake Pit,Velvet Revolver and solo..I've only heard him play Mr Brownstone and It's so easy.I was with you in this thread until you mentioned tool..don't you think those clowns that are palying GNR songs are also tools?More so then Slash?Who,by the way,wrote those songs?

Firstly - Yes he is an awesome guitarist

Secondly - He has written and performed excellent songs

Thirdly - He has played so many GN'R songs with Myles kennedy while touring, it isn't funny.

Fourthly - I never said Slash was a tool, only Kennedy.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Oh geeze did they screw that up. I blame Slash in part for doing it for the money. If i was Axl, i'd hate him too.

Yeah....that was a real barf fest

....but I still love Slash....I don't think he sold out ....he has a family to support now, and when you get older, it's harder to find gigs no matter who you are. I wish he would choose a little better than that though....

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Question....what are everyone's favorite GNR song? This is mine.....and I love Slashes haunting guitar in it....and the lyrics...

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 04:58 AM
link   

That's a hard question, as all of their songs are excellent. one of my favourites though would have to be Civil War:

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join