It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Attention PATRIOTS!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   
I was doing a little poking around in the internet and found this gem, to follow. It is a list compiled of Patriot groups in the United States. The ones marked with asterics are militias. Anyhow this was recently released by the Southern Poverty Law Center. It is one of those so called civil rights groups that would want to make these groups sound like they are anti-government or whatever, but I think the truth speaks for itself.

Anyways it reminds me of a quote, but I don't remember it exactly or who said it so feel free to help me out. But it went something like, if the people stand up for freedom and make themselves heard, they might be surprised to learn how many of them there actually are. So thanks to the SPLC for doing the homework for us, and coming up with this wonderful gem.

Anyways heres a quote from the web page.

The Southern Poverty Law Center identified 1274 anti-government “Patriot” groups that were active in 2011. Of these groups, 334 were militias, marked with an asterisk, and the remainder includes “common-law” courts, publishers, ministries and citizens’ groups.

Generally, Patriot groups define themselves as opposed to the “New World Order,” engage in groundless conspiracy theorizing, or advocate or adhere to extreme antigovernment doctrines. Listing here does not imply that the groups themselves advocate or engage in violence or other criminal activities, or are racist.

The list was compiled from field reports, Patriot publications, the Internet, law enforcement sources and news reports. Groups are identified by the city, county or region where they are located.

Anyways don't stop reading there. Following below lists every state and every known militia and patriot group within that state.

splcenter.org...

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by thehoneycomb

I guess its a good thing im not a "patriot"
nor associated with them.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Oh yeah, almost forgot to ask you all to star and flag this thread and bump as often as possible so that it reaches everyone possible.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 02:03 AM
link   
The revolution will not be televised.

It will, however, be commercialized. Only in America.

Congress has a 9% approval rate. That basically means 9/10 Americans are dissatisfied with how it is running (and ruining) things. Perhaps there wouldn't be so much condemnation towards the government if it didn't suck so badly...

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by DestroyDestroyDestroy

Obama is the greatest gun salesperson and militia recruiter in modern day history.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Very cool. Sounds to me as though these guys get a pretty #ty rap, if it weren't for militias there would be no U.S.A.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Yeah that's what we need:

More self-appointed gun-carrying vigilante idiots looking for a fight.

What could possibly go wrong??

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Hawking

owns a gun but not to tote around like a fool.....i have 3 a hunting rifle with scope (used for hunting
) a pretty lugar and a chick colored pink and black cobra

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by MissCoyote
reply to post by Hawking

owns a gun but not to tote around like a fool.....i have 3 a hunting rifle with scope (used for hunting
) a pretty lugar and a chick colored pink and black cobra

Hey nothing wrong with bearing arms

My mother's been looking for a good pink handgun for a while haha

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 02:29 AM
link   
I just visited the states and I was amazed at how many people were buying guns. Like even the Barbie dolls, people´s wives, EVERYONE. I was amazed. A cop friend of mine was used as a character reference for like 12 people we mutually know. I guess people will not take any chances. Oh, and the women of the couples that did the applying for handguns mostly bought large caliber hand guns and learned to use them. Many bought semi automatic rifles, shot guns etc.

They all wanted to join training courses and become members of ranges. I think if my city offered a militia they would join along with like half the population. It is a DIY sense of security I think. I don't think it is that strange considering the state of the union and the world. It is a mess and people won't just sit at home and wait for the news to tell them what to do like before if TSHTF.

BTW my city is not in the south or a rural area or a place that this sort of thing is common. Now it is. Go figure.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Hawking

Very well then, enjoy your FEMA camp.

If oath keepers is anti-government then what does that make the government?

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by thehoneycomb
reply to post by Hawking

Very well then, enjoy your FEMA camp.

If oath keepers is anti-government then what does that make the government?

it makes them a hypocrit lmao

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   

That is a great website. I see and hear mentioned often by law enforcement. I was in a meeting several months back where someone showed a map of all known militia and/or "hate" groups. They were classed together, even though some are "state defense forces (SDF)" endorsed and commanded by the state governors. Anyway, he map was riddled with groups, the are everywhere! Right here near me, we had dozens of groups within 50 miles.

The meeting organizers saw it as a big risk and a problem to consider, but it made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside, and much safer!

Of course, I don't endorse violence based on hate, race, creed, etc., but it is nice to know there are so many people, in such close proximity that are willing to go against the grain. Maybe there is hope for the country still.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Wow, there even is a group called the ''Indiana Jones''.
Seriously, great find. Now we at least have the list and know who the government will be looking for.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Looked over the local folks here just to be able to ID any symbols etc.

But, the list is full of many many duplications to come up with that wild far out number. Cross off all the national ones that are repeated over and over and the list gets small.

Dont know anything about the southern poverty group but looks like an agenda of some sort.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

I guess if you used the word "hate group" and painted it with such a broad brush, then almost any group could be called a hate group. Yeah, I guess you could say police hate criminals and constitutional militias hate enemies of the constitution, but in reality they are not going to go pick a fight with someone without any reason. On the contrary the purpose of a militia was drafted into the 2nd amendment to defend the rights of the people and the right to bear arms against all enemies of the constitution, foreign and domestic.

Now I don't know about you, but when I hear the term "hate group" the first thing that comes to mind is groups like "the black panthers" and the "Nazi Party" all of which are heavily armed too, but it's funny how this list conveniently left those groups off the list. So I guess defending the constitution and liberty is a qualifier and yes how hypocritical of them to call these groups of all colors and creed hate groups.

I would love to see that map if you have any idea how to show it.

On a further note, oath keepers is an organization that have promised to uphold their oath to defend the constitution. They include members of law enforcement and military and so do militias for that matter.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by swan001

Wow, there even is a group called the ''Indiana Jones''.
Seriously, great find. Now we at least have the list and know who the government will be looking for.

Being that we now have a multinational spying network I am guessing that anyone would not be hard to find. I think that if it weren't for these groups, people would already be getting rounded up.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   

I've looked online and I can't find the map anywhere. The SPL site has a "Hate Map," but the map I saw was part of a law enforcement task force, so it probably doesn't exist anywhere publicly yet.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Man.
Thanks for the info.

"We are Change" "The Constitution Party."

Hey, at least it's a decent an honorable stereo-type.

I wonder why these are "patriot groups" when we're supposed to be at war with "terrorist groups"?

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by loveguy

I guess you could call it a conspiracy.

Over 80 members of the communist party in congress, can't say it comes as a big surprise.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join