It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's with the points?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Well goodnight ATS.

I feel dumb for creating this account and thread and wasting my precious time and you should feel dumb for reading this garbage written by some random nobody. Good luck with all the stars and flags and coolness that is ATS.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by helloworld66611
Well goodnight ATS.

I feel dumb for creating this account and thread and wasting my precious time and you should feel dumb for reading this garbage written by some random nobody. Good luck with all the stars and flags and coolness that is ATS.

There's a reason why you feel "dumb" for creating this account. You just basically showed everyone on ATS just exactly what kind of person you really are. You're pathetic. Want me to tell you why? Than read on.

You come here and created an account to talk about the "point system" to take your anger out on somebody trying to make you feel how so little you felt your whole life. I'm guessing you're not very popular in life? Maybe even a loser? I bet you're even jealous of other people in life for being more popular than you ever will be which is why you're here lashing out over a freaking INTERNET FORUM calling out those people with more stars/flags to their name but guess what, they been here for a very long time and most of these people love this website and the people involved within it because they want to seek the truth about many different subjects. Granted there's a lot of disinfo on this website which is exactly like the bible by the way. The Bible is neither 100% true nor 100% false but Black and white with shades of grey.

You have a very low self-esteem my friend and you should sit and stop comparing yourself to others around you because that's just asking for trouble. Learn to love yourself for who you are, and if you there's something you want to do or be in life, remember; you CAN do it. In life, you get what you give. Think postive and get rid of that jealously and anger inside within you because that is what's blocking your path to enlightment. There are many people who have it worse of than you do in life. I know this because I've BEEN there.

I hope you will do something better with your life after reading this because this, what you're doinng now isn't the answer.

Regards,

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
The most pointless mind dribbling thread I've ever read lol.

The OP sounds like a weirdo...I skipped page 2, did any mods tell us why we do have points? I'm on me phone, cba to check...?

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Who even cares why we have points. Points isn't the reason why most of us come here.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Well, back in the day us older folks had to use points for a number of things...Changing the color of the font in our avatar, creating a custom heading beneath our name, access to RATS...just to name a few. There was actually a "store" for these things. They went away with that a while back, but kept the point system around for future use.

Hope that helps.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by helloworld66611

I made a thread about the very same thing, there just there to make you look cool.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Obviously our OP here is a complete troll who started his account just to show how messed up he is. He's very familiar with ATS. Who would know about Phage after 19 posts? But anyway, for other people who have a genuine interest:

You "earn" points by:

1. Posting a reply - 1 point.
2. Others posting replies on your thread: 2 points
3. Applause: 500 points, only done by Mods.
4. Writing, debating contests: Varies but can be huge

A normal poster cannot "give" anyone else points. In the Intro threads you also cannot award stars. Same is true of the Board Business Forum. You get points taken away if you manage to commit an "extreme" Terms & Conditions violation, usually in chunks of 1,000. Once in awhile you will find someone with negative points. This is usually a new member who doesn't quite understand the expected behavior here and has an extremely bad attitude.

Points, by themselves, do not contribute to either the K (Karma) or W (WATS) scores. An applause, which earns you 500 points, has the same rank as a single flag when computing the K score. Points are kind of a general indication of time spent on the site and a general level of contribution.

As the fellow said above, it used to be that points were used as a kind of currency to "buy" stuff on the site. Points can still be a factor in considering what to do with you. A guy with negative points is probably in danger of getting banned if he doesn't shape up, where someone with 100K points probably has a bit more slack if he has a bad day.

No matter how many stars, points, flags, or posts you have you can still get yerself banned. Awhile ago a fellow who had the highest scores here, the top dog #1 guy, was banned. No one really knows why, but I was told it was because of plagarism. Why would that be such an egregious offense? Because it puts the site at risk. ATS could be blamed for hosting such material.

It's very popular for people to proclaim they do not pay attention to the awards system, even as they sneak a peek at their standing immediately after saying such.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

Detailed reply, thank you, it was inciteful, I'd star u if I could lol.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Dam - I always miss the best threads - Hidden Hand being one now this dudes
But now like fairy dust he is gone.

Maybe because he was so generous throwing imaginary stars about all willy nilly - he got some Mod Karma and was awarded his own galaxy full of stars - hopefully a very distant one.
edit on 13-4-2012 by artistpoet because: typo cos i am an imbecile

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Ok, How bout this... I have NEGATIVE points. I got a Mod scolding, and minus several hundred "points", because I said an ancient artifact looked phallic. Of course, at the time I said "d#ldo". I wasnt trying to be rude. Im still in the negative imaginary point zone for it.

Signed:
An honest woman

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by gemdog
Ok, How bout this... I have NEGATIVE points. I got a Mod scolding, and minus several hundred "points", because I said an ancient artifact looked phallic. Of course, at the time I said "d#ldo". I wasnt trying to be rude. Im still in the negative imaginary point zone for it.

Signed:
An honest woman

Maybe d#ldo was an unfortunate choice of words regarding the rules here - however fertility symbols were common place in ancient cultures - they were really into fertility - that is how we got here - though we very modern people are rather uptight regarding objects of pleasure -

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS

The Introduction Forum is for new member introductions only (please fully read) not topical threads or complaints about how things are done on ATS.

Closed.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by artistpoet

Originally posted by gemdog

Signed:
An honest woman

Maybe d#ldo was an unfortunate choice of words regarding the rules here - however fertility symbols were common place in ancient cultures - they were really into fertility - that is how we got here - though we very modern people are rather uptight regarding objects of pleasure -

Thank you for that. Agreed.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join