It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO sighted in Kansas City, Missouri. Monday 4/09/2012

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   

This vid is from Kansas city last year that had everyone buzzing....and the vid that skydivers claimed was their work.

It does resemble the OP video. I'm going with skydivers after seeing this video. And it's taken in the same city! One year later! It all fits.

edit on 13-4-2012 by amongus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Interesting but I'm calling skydivers doing night jumps, it fits.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   
In regard to skydivers, such could very well be a probable explanation.

Skydivers can and do free fall in formation, joined together, holding hands, and before deploying canopy, they break away, and track off in different directions.

Once canopy deployment occurs, the skydivers, now parachutists, especially with modern technology in parachuting 7-9 cell air-foil sails, can very very easily maintain altitude such as to appear to hover.

This video conforms entirely with said dynamics and configurations described.
Additionally, at no point during the video do any of these lights actually ascend, or gain altitude. They continue to DESCEND, just as a skydiver, or parachutist under canopy would be expected.

A final criticism of this video or any video like this, is; Where's the follow-up video?
If I saw something so evidently amazing, no excuse is really all that good enough to not make my way over to wherever the possible location of this 'event' occurred to see if there was indeed anything additional to see.

Edit: I recommend someone calling Kansas City Skydive Exhibition Team, and asking if they did any night time exhibition jumps on the date in question.

edit on 13-4-2012 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Your last video looks compellingly like mine however (sorry 'bout that) I don't believe the lights in my video fizzled out like they do in yours.
But I gotta admit, pretty damn close!!!!!

I think I need to know exactly where this took place. Maybe there WAS a large field out there. I still think it borders on illegal or at minimum irresponsible judgement to 'play' over a near-by city like this.

But thanks for the videos

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by amongus

I'm starting to reconsider this one too. Skydivers does make illogical sense.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by emberscott

Originally posted by Human_Alien

So I highly doubt divers would want to risk their lives (and the lives of others) over a city like that.

Yes of course, because jumping out of planes is 'The New Safe'.

Interesting video.

I meant as far as putting others in danger.

Are we really running out of that much playing and testing room?
We have military dropping flares near residential areas and now divers diving next to cities.

Now I know how the wild animals felt when we encroached upon all their coastal land/home!!!

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by emberscott

So I highly doubt divers would want to risk their lives (and the lives of others) over a city like that.

Yes of course, because jumping out of planes is 'The New Safe'.

Interesting video.

I meant as far as putting others in danger.

Are we really running out of that much playing and testing room?
We have military dropping flares near residential areas and now divers diving next to cities.

Now I know how the wild animals felt when we encroached upon all their coastal land/home!!!

You might take note that football stadiums are usually located inside of or close to cities. This also includes college and high school stadiums.

It's not a foreign or unusual thing to have conspicuously extravagant displays occur during half-time events at American Football games.

Anyone with the wallet padded enough to do so could hire Skydive Kansas City Exhibition Team to perform at any event, even some kids birthday if they wanted.
So long as the exhibition team conforms to FAA regulations, as well as any other applicable city jurisdictional codes, it doesn't matter how flashy or conspicuously distracting the display is.
They could jump right into the middle of a fireworks display, safely even if the whole thing is planned and orchestrated proper.

edit on 13-4-2012 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Sure looks like the Golden Knights. Pick it up at about 0:30

This one at about 1:00

edit on 4/13/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

3:30

edit on 4/13/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Don't worry Phage my friend. I got this one covered.
I debunked my own thread for you

I'll leave the next one for you, 'k?

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Reflection in my opinion.

Look at 16-20 seconds. The light is in front of the road sign, and moves with the camera. Dunno if im watching a different vid to y'all lol

The "Dudes" sound completely fake and staged.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

Great video H.A. especially at 0:44 when they break apart and you really see all the individual ones
S&F
and all other nice things to say

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by loves a conspiricy

I'm pretty sure I would sound the exact same way if I were to see something like this. To my friends, the phrase, "Dude look at that s*** dude look at that s***," would be used just as frequently....

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Prepare for the event....probably....

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Yep and here is the original video from August of 2011 ~ I wonder why someone downloaded this video, uploaded it and said that it happened on April 9th 2012 ???

If link doesn't work -------> www.youtube.com...

edit on 13-4-2012 by KristinLynnxo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
This is very similar to what I saw about 23 years. Except the one I saw was changing colors. Where I lived I was on the flight path to Kansas City International airport. So there was always planes in the air.t was around 7-8 at night. I watched for about 5 minutes I called a friend of my who lived on the other side of town and had go out and watch it well. I noticed that they were no planes in the air and my dog was acting weird as well, staying right by my side. After talking with my friend for a few minutes the phone died. I kept watching it for about another 10 minutes then it disappeared and about the time it disappeared I hear military jets flying every head heading in the same direction. About 10 minutes after that is when we started to hear the sound of normal commercial air traffic again.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   

I am going with Golden Knights on this one too.
edit on 13-4-2012 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by KristinLynnxo

Very nice find.

Something something 2'nd line

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

You are really grasping at stars there bud. Those look nothing like what the OP's video shows. I wish a huge massive sighting would get underway so that all the debunkers can finally join the bandwagon. Sheeze of all people, you know how vast our existence is, so to see something that is not terrestrial in nature should be a no brainer for you. I am surprised you have not had anything substantial happen in your life that could bring you off the proverbial fence and into the light of truth.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   

A gust of wind would not likely push them into a McDonalds drive through window.Today's parachutes are very maneuverable even in pretty high winds. I skydive and am also a wingsuit pilot. Location of video would help to determine if there is a DZ near by. I am watching on my iPhone and the video is very dark. However the timing of the group of lights in the sky while together, at break off and also until they disappear behind the buildings/trees suggests that it could very well be a group skydive. Skydivers wear glow sticks and other light gear at night so that we can see our altimeters and gear. As one poster above stated a group of skydivers break apart before deploying their canopy so they can open in a clear area free of others.
Good video, but a group of night flying adrenaline junkies IS a very plausible explanation for this video.

Edit to add: skydivers are not dropped to play over residential areas, with the exception of authorized "demo" jumps which are strictly regulated. These jumpers were likely over a field and were never in danger of falling on someone or something. # happens but skydiving has strict safety rules for both the participant and the people below.
edit on 13-4-2012 by Orgasmo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Orgasmo

I agree. But looks were deceiving!
Thanks for chiming in with your expertise
I appreciate people like you!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join