It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Old Man in Nursing Home Reacts to Hearing Music from his Era

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Hey ATS, I've been gone for a while and comming back I'm seeing lots of doom and gloom! So here is something a little more light hearted. Im sure all of us have someone in our lives showing the mental signs of age, and some of us are feeling it themselves haha. For those of you who can't watch videos, a short :spoiler: after the vid.

:spoiler: Old man is in a nursing home, not responsive to family or nurses, that is until they slap a pair of headphones and a shuffle with his favorite tunes of his day! He lights up with enthusiasm, and the effects last for some time after the music is gone, his whole demeanor is bright and excited where he seemed to before show signs of depression.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Man In Nursing Home Reacts To Hearing Music From His Era
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
DAMN!!! I admit it, lock me up! I did not search!

Thats what I get for getting off ATS for a few weeks :facepalm:

i'll make it up to you all with my new musical interest Odetta, seriously amazing woman!

edit on 12-4-2012 by el1jah because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   
I enjoyed it. I have grandparents in the nursing home so it's an interesting topic for me.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Music = Good for the soul
Thanks for the share

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I made a thread on this already. It's a nice story though

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Great story and absolute proof of music as having the power to heal.

But I also think that the real hero, the real healer...is the nurse that brought music back into these people's lives.

Hats off to a beautiful woman.

Peace

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   
this was beautiful, thanks for sharing this clip!

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
My aunt just posted something similar on her fb. My uncle has FTD frontal temporal dementia. There is a program in his hospice that does music therapy. The nurse plays guitar and sings songs from his era as well. Imagine the hoot they just had singing Yellow Submarine, he tapped his pencil on his drawing pad and stopped drawing. Began tapping his foot and started to sing all the words with her! My aunt is estatic, he is connecting! Thanks for posting!

new topics

top topics

join