It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

my first meditation induced lucid dream(s)?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   
ive had an experience today i KNOW was not normal. well, not normal from normal......ill explain.

2 nights ago i was laying in bed and thinking. just had thoughts and i started to naturally focuse on one thought......before i say this i will say i had earplugs in, no other sounds except my girlfriend sleeping. anyway, i was thinking, and started to doze off, or so i thought because i then heard a loud ringing that sounded like an alarm clock.it pulsed, like woo woo woo woo, but high pitched and very loud. i thought it was an alarm clock until i realized it was coming from inside my head. my body felt very odd. it took me a second to process what was going on and when i realized that i was close to what i have been trying to do for some time, which is either lucid dream, astral travel, or, and most of all, have an obe.

I felt this urge to reposition which in hindsight is not a good thing to do when you want to proceed. i wanted to reposition from laying on my side to on my back with my arms to my side. it then went away. i thought, interesting, this is what they talk about with the loud ringing and body sensations.

I was very amused by it, not scared at all. Didnt give it much thought and fell asleep. so, today i had this urge to find a quiet place and meditate even though i had already had a cup of coffee and didnt expect much in the way of me being still or having quiet thoughts. Boy I was wrong.

i found a bed in the quieter part of my house used by my girlfriends son who is away at the moment. i layed there on my back and had a pleasant meditation. then i thought i could use a nap so i rolled to my side. next thing i know i hear the ringing coming on soft. now i get up and walk out of the room and it leads to another part of the house. i feel energy in my face and look in a mirror not in the room that shouldnt be in that part of the house where the kitchen is. i fully understood these facts and wasnt alarmed in the least. i was merely amused again. so i gain my actual faculties back.

it happened a second time. i hear the ringing and i remember getting out of the bed, going(this may be an extension of the first part, but i clearly remember hearing the ringing three times) into the living room where my dad is sitting on the couch. im standing there in the middle of the living room and things just start falling off the walls. not flying off, or en masse, just here and there a picture would fall. i look at my father and he is burying his face into the couch. my father is a stoic man, he does NOT get scared easy. oddly, i dont remember him being very scared, just burying his face in the couch. once again, i am amused. it ends.

now the third time, i hear the ringing, im lying in the bed and he comes in the room and backs up against the door to the back porch.He had a concerned look on his face combined with a you can handle it look. i CLEARLY and vividly remember hearing a lady screaming "YOU PEOPLE NEED TO LEAVE ME ALONE AND GET OUT!!!". Alarmed, i get out of the bed, walk to the end of it, and remember what im doing. i then proceed to think, im still out of it and need a deep breath to handle whoever is in the other room. so i breath like i do when i need to calm down or relax. it immediately brings me back. i then realize it didnt actually happen.

now, im fairly certain these were lucid dreams. i would like to see what others say to validate what i think so i know how to proceed. its one thing to read what happens, its another to experience it, and another to hear from people who have experience with this sort of thing. you cant get a proper answer sometimes reading a webpage. i think they were because ive never had an immediate dream, its never been that vivid and real, and its never been relevant to my surroundings. whats most striking is that ive never before slept in this bed, but all three i am getting out of this bed. ive realized i was dreaming once long ago, but this was different, it felt different, it looked different, and as my father would say, "son, if it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then chances are.....its a duck.". I found it fairly easy today to induce whatever it was i experienced.i was actually attempting an obe. but great start if it was a ld.

so please, no negativity or bad opinions. if you have something relevant, respectful, and factual to say, i would love to hear it.

Was this a lucid dream? Where do i proceed from here? and what meaning does this have?

now onto the mad woman in my last one. i remember thinking how much this woman sounds like my former stepmother.We dont and have never had a good relationship. i was actually getting ready to kick her out of my house. i remember thinking what in the hell is she doing here and what in the hell is she doing screaming orders in MY house? then i thought of an upset spirit trying to give us a message.And by us, i mean the YOU PEOPLE she was screaming at. it is odd how my gf, (she has psychic abilities that are natural to her) saw a woman the other day shimmer in and look at my dad, and shimmer back out. we were all three in the living room eating when she saw it. we didnt. but i remember looking at her wondering if she found something in her food because she had this look on her face. like a did you see that? look.

so what would you say about that? is it open to my personal interpretation? or can someone help me figure out the meaning of the upset woman in the other room?

thank you all in advance for your tact, and help.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by mactheaxe

Pictures or it didn't happen!

(Sorry...couldn't help myself)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
lol, ill bring my camera next time.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I dont have much to add, we all have different experiences when we open up to new things. Might want to check out the work of Robert Monroe, I enjoyed his insights when I started having Outer body experiences, I was much more shaken up then you seem to be though.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by el1jah

now that you say that, it did feel somewhat...natural. like ive been there before. many times.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   
ive been trying so hard to induce such things but no luck, any tips

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by tegz_1

dont try lol.

A serious tip is given by monroe, I have practiced this and works 1 out of 20 times roughly, but it's worth a shot.

1.Go to sleep at your normal hour, on schedule, then set a calm alarm to wake you up about 3 or 4 hours after you've been asleep, (if you have trouble sleeping maybe try less time).

2.Once you wake up drink a glass of water and just hang out for a half hour or so, dont read or meditate, just relax on the couch for 20-30 minutes.

3.Go back to bed. Try counting down from 30 over and over keeping your mind awake while letting your body sink back into sleep. Lay on your back with your hands on your side btw. You can try imagining your hand sinking away from your body (your 'astral/spirit' hand that is) let it be effortless, apparently effort often holds you back with things of this nature.

I dont want to give you too much explaining because we are all different, but basically your body should fall back asleep a little faster than your mind, and this will let you more easily reach the outer body state.

As the OP mentioned there may be the sound of buzzing or flashing lights dully comming over the eye lids, this is a good sign, dont control just observe. And good luck!

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Yep. Sounds exactly like a lucid dream. The ringing "inside your head", the vibrations, etc. This is a precursor to the out of body experience as others have already mentioned. Robert Monroe and Albert Taylor have easy guides if you want to learn more. It is inducible; but only if you are free of stress and relaxed. In my experience, it never feels quite so natural as it seemed for you. The ringing in the ears and the vibrations can leave me pretty agitated. But the dream and experience afterward is always worth it!

Meditation/yoga definitely will open you up to all sorts of neat (and sometimes fearful) things buried deep within yourself. Glad to hear you have chosen this ancient,tried, and true method of self-realization. And don't let anybody tell you "it's just a dream" or anything like that. It sounds to me like you're well on the way to astral travel. I have only done this two or three times in my life. Just make sure you keep yourself grounded and don't lose your head while you're out exploring that cosmos within. As with anything, there are risks as well as benefits. Moderation is the key.

And try the methods others have mentioned for success.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
thanks for all your input. i am a very centered, and grounded individual. and yes, this pont in my life i am more stable, happy and relaxed than i have ever been.

new topics

top topics

join