It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthquakes MIA! April 12, 2012 Oklahoma Mexico Canada Arkansas 7.0 7.1 6.5 4.5 3.1 2.0

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   
What the mainstream media non cable network news of course failed to leave out on their broadcasts. Now a minor eathquake I can understand but something higher like the 6.5 and the 7.0 should've been mentioned. Now I know this is from Youtube but , it is mentioned in other sources
The one that's the most serious of course is at either end of San Andreas Fault. Here are my alternate sources:

Now I've never heard of Sunspoiler but his presentation seemed decent. Not sensationalistic compared to some Youtubers. What is going on here?

search.usgs.gov...

[img][url=http://emsnews.wordpress.com/2012/04/12/three-major-earthquakes-in-24-hours-at-either-end-of-san-andreas][/img]

edit on 12-4-2012 by 1loserel2 because: add another source

edit on 12-4-2012 by 1loserel2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
where did what happen when???????
synopsis please for the youtube incapable minority among us.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Is your title also the name of the video that has been posted? It's very confusing. Leads the reader to believe there has been a 7.0 in Oklahoma? Can you give any context on the video?

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by 1loserel2

Interesting video, looks like Mexico would be at the bottom on a "V" and the leylines, the energy of the quakes spread out Northeast and Northwest causing both New Madras and San Andreas to become active... This is heads up time imo.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   
So who's going to be the first D>B to come in here and say they are all unrelated?

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

These earthquakes were NOT caused by mother nature.

www.godlikeproductions.com...

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by yurichan
reply to post by antar

These earthquakes were NOT caused by mother nature.

www.godlikeproductions.com...

There's nothing but a jumbled mess of text from different people, what exactly are you referring to? can you highlight the significance?

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by wWizard

My apologies to all, firstt ime handling multiple stories I sure wish I could still edit this a little better.Sorry did not mean to make it so confusing, it sounded o.k. to m should've tried for better clarification. Here is my research for April 12, 2012

earthquake.usgs. gov

USGSearthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/recenteqsus/Maps/US10/32.42.-100.- USGS.90.phpearthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/recenteqsus/Maps/US10/22.32.120.110.php/earthquake.usgs.go
USGS.earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/recenteqsus/Maps/US10/22.32.-120.-110.php/earthquake.usgs.gov
USGSearthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/recenteqsww/Quakes/usc0009131.phpearthquake.usgs.gov...
USGSearthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/eventpage/usc00091a1#summary

edit on 13-4-2012 by 1loserel2 because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-4-2012 by 1loserel2 because: Try to make it link

edit on 13-4-2012 by 1loserel2 because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-4-2012 by 1loserel2 because: Trying to make noted earthquakes link up

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Maybe there was no aftershock in Mexico because it was a foreshock?

Reviews of data of past events and their foreshocks showed that they have a low number of aftershocks and high foreshock rates compared to continental strike-slip faults

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   
There have been so many EQ lately its almost scary!!!
I wonder what this is leading to! (if anything) but makes one wonder doesn't it?!?!

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
reply to post by 1loserel2

Interesting video, looks like Mexico would be at the bottom on a "V" and the leylines, the energy of the quakes spread out Northeast and Northwest causing both New Madras and San Andreas to become active... This is heads up time imo.

Just reposting this post with an explanation... I just cant think right now of a better way to say what I meant... sorry if it is not clear>>>

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
What's going on here is 'factual opinion' regarding the lack of aftershocks.

No aftershock!! Nothing to be concerned about, but hope they are not foreshocks.

wiki en.wikipedia.org...

These patterns describe only the statistical behavior of aftershocks; the actual times, numbers and locations of the aftershocks are STOCHASTIC, while tending to follow these patterns. As this is an empirical law, values of the parameters are obtained by fitting to data after a mainshock has occurred, and they imply no specific physical mechanism in any given case.

Aftershocks on the San Andreas are now believed to top out at 10 years while earthquakes in New Madrid are considered aftershocks nearly 200 years after the 1812 New Madrid earthquake.[9]

On the East Pacific Rise however, transform faults show quite predictable foreshock behaviour before the main seismic event. Reviews of data of past events and their foreshocks showed that they have a low number of aftershocks and high foreshock rates compared to continental strike-slip faults. (McGuire et al., 2005)
edit on 13-4-2012 by oghamxx because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Is it just me or has the earthquake map just been lit up lately?
I`m no expert, but I do for fun, watch the map on usgs.gov and the amount of earthquakes lately, in my opinion, has been very significant.
I make mental notes each day on locations ad sizes. I have been doing this for years and after a while, as with anything, you do begin to see patterns or at least know when something is odd or significantly different. What I find most intriguing is the recent outbreaks of large earthquakes and their locations as well.
To me, it doesn`t seem odd to have an odd placed earthquake on any given day, or to have a larger then normal earthquake in a known earthquake zone on any given day. What seems more stranger then usual is that we have been having many earthquakes in places not known for earthquakes and many larger then normal earthquakes in the known earthquake regions. Combine that with the fact that we are having multiple larger then normal earthquakes in the known earthquake hotbed regions all at the same time an we have a whole lot of activity going on right now.
If my memory serves me right, for the past few days we had two larger then 8 magnitude earthquakes in the Sumatra zone. On that same day we had a 6.2 or 5.9 right off the coast of Oregon, somewhere that we see earthquakes frequently but usually much smaller and a 4 would be something to talk about. Down in southern Cali or northern Mexico or right off the coast there we had a 6.9 also the same day and a smaller, I believe 6.5 a few hundred miles south in Mexico or right by the coast there, Before any of this happened I thought the 5.5 off the coast of Alaska was significant for the day. Alaska, Aleutian Islands, also an area that has many earthquakes but rarely a 5. Later that night there was a 4.5 off the coast of Maine, a really unusual location for an earthquake. Again, that same night or very early morning hours of the next ay there were two more 4,3, I believe, in Oklahoma, also an unusual location.
All of this happening in one day is very unusual to me. Too many locations in one day for significant discussion, let alone to have them all popping off at once, is crazy.

Yesterday I looked at the map and yet still am seeing a lot of odd locations popping up and also seeing more 6`s all in one day, not so much in unusual locations but again seeing more then one 6 in a day is not that normal, let alone having many and many high 5`s as well. Today it continues. The earthquake map on usgs.gov has over 320 earthquakes marked which accounts for the past seven days but is about 100 higher then normal on any given day although many are aftershocks due to the powerful 8`s by Indonesia and the other recent 6`s and 7`s as well.

join