It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You want change? Start with the law!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Dear ATS mods. Please move this if it isn't in the proper forum. Thank you.

This will be an ATS group thread I hope. I hope everyone that can put in will. The purpose is getting as big of a list as possible on "victimless" laws. These are laws that cause some people to profit while making victims out of no one but who breaks these laws. A good example of this is seat belt laws. These are actually pushed by the insurance companies so less people will get killed or seriously injured when driving. This allows insurance companies to save a good bit of money, while infringing on our right to make our own choices. Please label any laws you post as either state or federal. At the end of this we will gather up the laws that we the people find to be intolerable. I plan to gather up these laws and try and get some form of media attention so maybe we can start our own form of lobbying. As long as we properly debate we should be able to make this very productive. Lets get on a roll.

P.S. If you happen to be a lawyer or know a lawyer please speak up. They can provide insight most of us cannot.
edit on 12-4-2012 by ventian because: Clarity

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Separation of Church and State,
No priests are allowed to molest politicians,
and if politicians are molested by priests,
they can not report it to the states.

edit on 12-4-2012 by Gmoneycricket because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
And if I am wrong all you have to do is show me a link,
of a politician claiming he was molested by a priest.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
There's only 1 way to get real change in favor of the citizens of this country. That's to throw the career politicians out of congress and replace them with american citizens. As it was always meant to be.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   
The State only allows 3 choices,
upon death,
burial, cremation or dumped at sea.
The rest involves torture, taxes and or wills.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
They do allow you to donate your body to science,
but what that involves breaks the TC of this site.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by GoldenRuled

Couldn't agree more, but we can't do anything about that. That issue cannot possibly get the backing it needs in this day and age. Right now we need to focus on reforming laws that make victims. If you get rid of these laws, many career politicians may end up leaving, as corporate lobbyists may end up leaving D.C. in search of greener pastures. Probably not, but we can at least try. I think we can all agree that there are way too many victimless laws in a supposedly "free" country like the U.S. I simply chose this issue because I feel more people may be able to get behind it than many of the other issues we face in America.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   
This may be what they call Admiralty law.

some old threads about it.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   
I can remember when I took the test to get the insurance license by the State.
They all asked,
Do you feel like you passed?
I responded yes i did!
They all got a sad look,
and mumbled you must of failed,
only those that think they flunked ever pass.
I still love the look on their face,
when I was able to announce,
I passed the first time around.
That is when I learned that,
only fools talk insurance!
And I now have license,
and you are all screwed!

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Thanks Xuen, I will read on those threads later. Right now it's time for sleep.

To anyone that comes on the thread. They will not allow me to edit it as I went past my 4 hour mark. There is no need for stars and flags on this thread. The only thing I am looking for is a comprehensive list of what "you" consider victimless laws. We really need to start working on these things. If we get a list then I promise you that I will do more legwork and try and get media attention to this. This is going to require some effort on our parts though. Cya tomorrow.
edit on 13-4-2012 by ventian because: Clarity

edit on 13-4-2012 by ventian because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gmoneycricket
Separation of Church and State,
No priests are allowed to molest politicians,
and if politicians are molested by priests,
they can not report it to the states.

edit on 12-4-2012 by Gmoneycricket because: (no reason given)
Separation of church and state is not even a law. Just fyi...

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Gmoneycricket

Wut?
2nd line

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Driving on a suspended license laws are ridiculous. I did stupid things when I was 18 and 19, and tried to get myself straight. I live in Michigan; we got hit by the recession bad. I got pulled over multiple times driving to places I NEEDED to go; college, doctors, etc. I didnt have gas money to go anywhere else anyways. A suspended charge in Michigan carries a $1000 charge, 500 once a year 2 years, plus a 125 reinstatement fee. As a college student with no income, I had to stop driving, and am years behind most people my age, thousands in fees ive yet to even scratch. Laws and justice don't coincide anymore.

new topics

top topics

join