It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Effects of Coca Cola on the Human Body

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by daskakik

No, I am on board with the OP, because I don't see any purpose whatsoever for Coke or other Sodas. Unfortunately, they are very hard to avoid. I might drink one every 3 months, but when I drink one, I end up drinking 4 or 5 over the next couple of days before I get back to drinking water all the time.

Also, I realize a steak, or a beer, or a cigar is a treat to be enjoyed slowly and thoroughly for a special occasion, and it is not something I should do as part of my daily routine, and it is not something I should just take for granted and think I am entitled to.

Now, there is nothing wrong with those people that want to live that way every day, but they will eventually spend more money on healthcare, have less energy to spend doing things with their families, and they will wonder why they have joint pain, headaches, backaches, and restless sleep. But, if the steak and coke is worth the pain, so be it.

People should stop pretending they don't know what is wrong with them though.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

By OP I meant the person not just the post.

The post you responded to didn't say he wanted to fill up on those things 24/7. He said he didn't want to be consumed with worries if he decided to indulge. You seem to be saying the same thing.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowAngel85

Originally posted by holywar666
And this type of reasoning is why we have yet to mature past the "caveman" stage......

I'd rather a caveman (or better cavewoman) with coke, red meat and whiskey and everything else that is 'unhealthy' but makes live worth living instead of becoming some vegetarian or vegan loser or be all the time so concerned about my health that i would become sick from concerning

Whiskey, coke and red meat make life worth living? Boy have i been missing out!

I may no be a "vegan loser" but i am concerned about my health...soda and fast food commercials continue to fill the brains of susceptible children, might as well give adults the heads up.

I see a few people dont agree with my article or the source it came from. Feel free to google: "bad effects of Coke" Tons of pages and plenty websites to choose from. Like this one:

Livestrong

Coca-Cola held a 17 percent share of the U.S. soda market in 2009, selling nearly 1.6 billion cases. For all its successes, Coca-Cola has been singled out on numerous occasions for its negative health effects

Deny ignorance

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by daskakik

I agree with that. No one should be consumed with worries, but if someone is consumed with pain or worries, they should start looking at their lifestyle.

At the gym last night, in a casual conversation with a nutritionist/trainer/lecturer, I said something, and he said it was similar to a part of one of his lectures. I said, "People should take care to evaluate each and everything they put into their mouths. If they drink it, or eat it, it should serve some purpose that they recognize. If it isn't going into your body for some specific purpose, then it doesn't need to be there." He said he often advises clients and mentions in lectures to just sit outside a Walmart, or a McDonalds and observe the people. Decide if you want to look and feel the way they look and feel. If that is ok with you, then go inside, buy your frozen dinners and sweets and sodas. If you are repulsed by the folks limping in and out of there, then don't do what they are doing. Drive away, go to a fresh food market, buy something leafy, or something raised on a free-range. Buy something in its natural form.

Each time I go into Walmart, I am reminded why I try to eat healthy. People pausing to catch their breath from walking in from the parking lot. People riding the little motorized buggies around. People that don't fit into their clothes, or their cars! People that walk with a limp, or have sores on them, or are wearing back braces, knee braces, wrist braces. People buying pain killers, visiting the pharmacy, or browsing all the miracle cures in the checkout line magazines.

Our natural health is in a sad state of affairs. It honestly frightens me more than I am willing to admit. I see it happening to my friends and family and co-workers, and I just want to shake them, and tell them to stop it, come to my house and we'll all eat together. It is very scary.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
reply to post by holywar666

I haven't read all the responses yet...

My take on it...

I have had a Coke (soda) addiction since I was a teenager. However, Coke is no longer my favorite choice.... Not just the caffeine addiction (which is just as bad as other substance addictions) but it became a habit. I wake up, drink it and get that buzz....

I have tried many times to stop this addiction. It is hard. The migraines and sluggishnes (withdraws) I get were so bad, I ended up caving and drinking it again. And when I would take that first hit of soda...well I cant break T&C here, but like any addiction....that first hit is a major rush....and I could go about my day as normal.

With that said, I have cut down tremendously to either 1 or none a day....im slowly weaning myself off of it. Not only because it is so bad for me as mentioned in the OP, but because I dont want that addiction in my life. On top of that, I have had THREE bouts of large kidney stones in the past year and half...while there is no absolute certainty that the soda has caused these stones in me, there is probability...and I cant handle any more kidney stones...

For my forensics degree, I had to take a drug class and learn everything about them including OTC...........AND caffeine. We had to chart how much we had in a day...seeing it on paper was horribly alarming. And it seemed everyone in my class had this addiction.

One day I shall be fully free from it....im very close to it!
edit on April 13th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

Seriously you get that from just drinking a Coke? Damn bro I feel for ya & wish you luck in kicking that habit.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

I agree, an occasional treat doesn't usually hurt anyone. The problem is that people think they deserve these treats on a daily basis. Society is starting to be brainwashed that these things are safe to eat because an agency says they are.

Going back to eating natural foods is the best thing I ever did. Coke contains phosphorus which we need in our diet. There are other sources of phosphorus out there though. If we get low, drink a coke. Too much phosphorus is no good either. Everything in moderation.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I tried to snort Coke once....

The bubbles got stuck up my nose.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Phew

its a good thing I drink Pepsi

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Seems he likes Pepsi. Its probly because they are paying him. Is this what the future of business is. Well I guess there just using the Murdoch News Corp model. Negative campaigns and propaganda against a competitor.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Borag the Horse

It's less conspicuous to snort coke if you laugh while you're drinking it and it comes flying out your nose.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
My late Mother, God Bless her was a avid Coke drinker all her life. I believe it had a lot to do with her extreme Alzhiemers/Dimentia in her last years. She became Deaf, Blind and many other horrible things. I remember before the onslought she even claimed she lost her sense of smell and taste. I have no more family anymore and no one person in my family died of or had Alzhiemers/Dimentia!

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by proob4
My late Mother, God Bless her was a avid Coke drinker all her life. I believe it had a lot to do with her extreme Alzhiemers/Dimentia in her last years. She became Deaf, Blind and many other horrible things. I remember before the onslought she even claimed she lost her sense of smell and taste. I have no more family anymore and no one person in my family died of or had Alzhiemers/Dimentia!

Actually there have been a lot of studies connecting Alzheimers to Aluminum buildup in the brain. Nicotine is supposed to bind to aluminum and help flush it out, but smoking causes cancer. Therefore, you're mother might have been alright to drink the cokes out of glass bottles, or to take up some organic chewing tobacco.

Seriously, the dementia, sundowners, and alzheimers may be connected to aluminum cans. We would all be so much better off with today's technology, but yesteryear's habits. Reusable glass containers, no more disposable cans.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by lcbjr1979
I am of the mindset that Oxygen, in very small repeated doses over about 76 years or so leads to death.

Haha very true.

If I remember rightly, oxygen also plays a strong part in us aging.
Literally, with every breath

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
This is a good diagram

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by holywar666

A good diagram that states that scientists think and speculate something may be true. Now, I'm not saying those things are not in soda but that speculation on the part of scientists, as far as what those things cause, is still speculation.

edit on 17-4-2012 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I'm looking through the companies and products Coca-Cola owns..

Winnie the Pooh*

Not Winnie the Pooh bear

edit on 2-5-2012 by BelowPublicKnowledge because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join