It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Effects of Coca Cola on the Human Body

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by SonOfTheLawOfOne

As mentioned above, it didn't convince me last time I saw it. I still think it's BS. Maybe denying ignorance in this case means not appealing to the fallacious arguments from authority.

Comparing to hard core drugs is a joke. I have yet to see someone rob someone else or offer sexual favors for a can of soda.

OJ can have as much sugar, cranberry juice is more acidic, coffee and tea have the same stimulant. What is it about coke that makes people want to fear monger about it?

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   
And let's not forget that soda pop...virtually ALL soda pop, contains High Fructose Corn Syrup.
I personally suspect (Thus far have not been able to confirm) that the sugar that is used in soda pop is from sugar beets...Which if grown commercially, are GMO.
Sugar from sugar beets is granulated, packaged and sold as "Pure Sugar". It is also MUCH less expensive than "Pure CANE Sugar" which comes from sugar cane. To date Cane Sugar has not been modified by Monsanto.
Peace
edit on 12-4-2012 by Elostone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Hey well just hope they do not actually invent Nuka -Cola. Hey timmy want a refreshing soda? Here try this Ice cold NUka Cola! fortified with good old fashioned high fructose corn syrup and a small bit of isotope! Wow look at timmy Glow ..I mean Go.

The above is a example of how stupid some people can be.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mistaken_mystery
Actually Heroin works by mimicking your bodes own natural indigenous opiate system. Otherwise known as endorphins. Cocaine works more on neurotransmitters called dopamine and serotonin. completely unrelated

Pharmacological geek rant over....

'Indigenous' is what you call a people that are native to a certain place.

The word you're looking for is 'endogenous'.

Spelling Nazi geek rant over...

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Elostone

Pretty sure and from what i have read they are all basically the same. Too much of either can cause problems and even in the short term. I cut juice with water now because i learned from experience that too much juice (which i though would be good) is not good due to the sugar. I also read cranberry juice was good for you so i drank a lot of it and had a mild anxiety attack.

When i could afford it and can scrape up the $3-4 i drink orange juice though.

My 1984 remark was not directed at the OP, i just though some of the terms and references in the article were over the top.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by holywar666

Originally posted by Hawking
You know what else is bad for you?

Whiskey, beer, cigarettes, red meat, large amounts of carbohydrates, Red Bull, and actual coc aine.

Doesn't mean I'd turn any of them down

And this type of reasoning is why we have yet to mature past the "caveman" stage......

Says the guy who believes the moon, sun, and all of outer space is a hologram.

Review this guy's post history. Then go drink a 2 liter.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   
A lot of people have seemed to forgotten......

"Just a Spoon Full of Sugar, helps the Medicine go Down, the Medicine go down" etc etc.

Sodas and other Elixirs and tonics were what the travellin' "medicine man" had as a cure all.......The Doctor knows best.

Like cigarettes are good for you as well, but too much exercise will kill you!!!

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   
I know this is sorta off topic, but I drink coke. The last two cases I've purchased seem to go flat in about ten minutes! Is this due to the change in the caramel coloring? I don't get it....it's the strangest thing.

Anyone else notice?

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   
I wonder what coke used to do with all the coc aine they extracted before they came up with a coc aine free alternative

Yeah, they threw away billions of dollars.

One reason to hate them is because they used coc aine to get people to keep drinking their soda, once they became big enough they only let trace amounts in, now that their an soda-empire, no coc aine in there. Nice play, Coke.
edit on 13-4-2012 by oniraug because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by oniraug
I wonder what coke used to do with all the coc aine they extracted before they came up with a coc aine free alternative

Yeah, they threw away billions of dollars.

One reason to hate them is because they used coc aine to get people to keep drinking their soda, once they became big enough they only let trace amounts in, now that their an soda-empire, no coc aine in there. Nice play, Coke.
edit on 13-4-2012 by oniraug because: (no reason given)

From what I've learned, coc aine was pretty unavoidable in the 1800's

Your doctor prescribed it, your favorite drinks contained it, and it was seen as a cure-all for everything from cold and flu to impotence

Then eventually, just like cigarettes, everyone realized it was addictive and unhealthy

edit on 13-4-2012 by Hawking because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 03:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Hawking

Just so I fill the one line requirement I am going to tell you that I am filling the requirement fallowed by what really want to post.

YUMM !!!!

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 06:51 AM
link   
I used to drink heaps of it until the beginning of the year. Extremely refreshing for a few minutes, then you're thirsty again...

Another thing I noticed was that is brought on strong cravings for cigarettes. After a smoke, I could feel all the crap in my throat and taste it in my mouth. Coke seemed to acid wash it all away, which made me feel refreshed for another smoke.

Once I gave up coke, I found giving up smoking a lot easier.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   
I don't have a problem with the article.

I still occasionally drink a can of coke. I do it because I like the taste of it. I'm also aware it has a horrendous effect on the body.

The trick is to only have the damaging but tasty stuff as a special treat. Not as an everyday staple. Well, not unless acquiring type 2 diabetes is your stated aim.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by justwokeup

I drink a coke about once a month. I get my needed phosphorus from watermelon, smoked fish, potatoes, and Pea soup. I don't get a craving for coke very often. I suppose if I didn't like those things I would crave coke.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by justwokeup
I don't have a problem with the article.

I still occasionally drink a can of coke. I do it because I like the taste of it. I'm also aware it has a horrendous effect on the body.

The trick is to only have the damaging but tasty stuff as a special treat. Not as an everyday staple. Well, not unless acquiring type 2 diabetes is your stated aim.

Yep. I occasionally drink beer or tequila shot, I occasionally smoke a cigar or take a dip of Redman, and I occasionally eat chocolate cake or brownies. I drink a coke or a root beer just about as rarely as I drink a beer or smoke a stogey.

All things in moderation.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by holywar666

To me it is one less threat among many others. The last time i drank any coke or soda, especially, sugar free, was 5-7 years ago.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   
The phosphoric acid upsets your calcium balance, too, causes osteoporosis in susceptible people over time.

Cola is only good for mixing with whiskey or rum. I drink about three a year 'straight', only when I'm jonesing for something other than water and there's no unsweetened iced tea available. I think my family is one of the few in the South that thinks sweet iced tea is an abomination of Satan.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

Yep. I used to call it "unsweet" tea, but now I have gone with the more appropriate truth in advertising name, "bitter tea."

In Missouri, we sweetened our tea just enough to take the bite off of it, but when I moved to the south, I thought this stuff was to put over pancakes! This is beyond sweet, but now that I've been here 10 years it seems normal. So, when I started cutting out sugars, and I despise artificial sweeteners, I was shocked to find how bitter tea really is! I'm starting to get used to it, but "unsweet" just didn't seem to describe it. Now, I order "bitter tea."

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by Bedlam

Yep. I used to call it "unsweet" tea, but now I have gone with the more appropriate truth in advertising name, "bitter tea."

I like it that way. Gives it some bite. Eventually, you start to wonder why you ever sweetened it.

Down here (ESP in north Georgia where I'm from) they start with a saturated sugar solution then steep the tea in it. Gah.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by yuppa
Hey well just hope they do not actually invent Nuka -Cola. Hey timmy want a refreshing soda? Here try this Ice cold NUka Cola! fortified with good old fashioned high fructose corn syrup and a small bit of isotope! Wow look at timmy Glow ..I mean Go.

The above is a example of how stupid some people can be.

Lol they tried already. Radium in chocolate, drinks, bath salts, femenine hygiene, etc.

Check this link. It's in French but lots of images.
Early 20th Century Radium

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join