It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you smarter than an athiest? Cuz man they are smart.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iason321
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Absolutely,

God will only manifest Himself in dire situations, to those who are TRULY in need of Him,

not just because some prideful person wants Him to prove his existence to them for no good reason,
plus think of it like this - even if Jesus appeared to most atheists in person, they'd lose there faith within an hour or two of him being gone - they'd explain it as delusions, hallucinations, etc.

Faith.

Gotta have faith.

Going to worship now!

"Let every thing that hath breath praise the LORD. Praise ye the LORD"

Amen

AMEN!

You know for a fact what I said is Truth and Life. It's exactly what happened to you, I remember your testimony.

God Bless You Jason Son of the Most High.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
That's not Biblical faith. That's the Hellenized version of 'hope" or "making a "wish". Sadly it may take you being on your deathbed to finally operate in Biblical faith. Fatih means you are trusting in what He has already said in His Word, and you're praying with His Words as a "confirmation number". Biblical faith is like when you make a reservation at a hotel 3 states over and you drive there, you have no doubt whatsoever that they have your room ready for you because they already gave you a "confirmation number" and you're acting on that.
Ah, so you mean like the faith that my family and I had when my brother was on his death bed..and the doctor would ask if he could harvest his organs, and we told him no, that he was going to need them when god healed him? Or was that hope and wishing also?

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hydroman

That's not Biblical faith. That's the Hellenized version of 'hope" or "making a "wish". Sadly it may take you being on your deathbed to finally operate in Biblical faith. Fatih means you are trusting in what He has already said in His Word, and you're praying with His Words as a "confirmation number". Biblical faith is like when you make a reservation at a hotel 3 states over and you drive there, you have no doubt whatsoever that they have your room ready for you because they already gave you a "confirmation number" and you're acting on that.
Ah, so you mean like the faith that my family and I had when my brother was on his death bed..and the doctor would ask if he could harvest his organs, and we told him no, that he was going to need them when god healed him? Or was that hope and wishing also?

What was your faith based on? What was your family putting their trust in? I always say:

"You cannot throw faith into an empty vacuum called ignorance."

Meaning, what was the faith/complete trust you had without doubting based upon (foundation)? What was the "information" you had in your head that you were putting that trust/faith (confirmation number) upon with complete information (blueprint)?

Please tell, I can pinpoint why there was no healing if you tell me. Were any of you living in any type of unrepentant sin in any form? What was the foundation of your trust without doubting?

edit on 17-4-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   

What was your faith based on? What was your family putting their trust in? I always say:

"You cannot throw faith into an empty vacuum called ignorance."

Meaning, what was the faith/complete trust you had without doubting based upon (foundation)? What was the "information" you had in your head that you were putting that trust/faith (confirmation number) upon with complete information (blueprint)?

Please tell, I can pinpoint why there was no healing if you tell me. Were any of you living in any type of unrepentant sin in any form? What was the foundation of your trust without doubting?
My family is non-denominational christian. They believe that the gifts of the holy spirit are active today.

The bible says that where two or more agree on something in his name, the Father will do it. The bible is full of examples of people being healed. Also, there is a verse that says if you honor your parents, you'll have long life. They both agreed that my brother honored them. We were basing it on those things. Plus, god told people he would be healed, and they relayed the info to us.

Not only were we praying for my brother and having faith, so were many, many others. BTW, my parents are still full-fledged believers. I'm the one that started questioning things. It wasn't because of his death, it was because of what happened during his stay in the hospital. I've told the story before.

Can you also pinpoint why my son's classmate died of brain stem cancer, though there were literally 1000s of people praying for him? Instead, the child suffered for a year, and so did his parents as they had to watch him gradually get worse.
edit on 17-4-2012 by Hydroman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Hydroman

I'm from the same type, those are called "Charismatic". And I don't do denominational Christianity. Okay, it's great they're not secessionists. I can't know for sure without revelation from God, i can seek an answer. And if you grew up in that type of church "Charismatic", you know full well there are people running around trying to act like called and ordained prophets. Was the guy who died saved?

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   

reply to post by Hydroman

I'm from the same type, those are called "Charismatic". And I don't do denominational Christianity. Okay, it's great they're not secessionists. I can't know for sure without revelation from God, i can seek an answer. And if you grew up in that type of church "Charismatic", you know full well there are people running around trying to act like called and ordained prophets. Was the guy who died saved?

Congratulations. You guys derailed this thread like Amtrak.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Yeah, we called it charismatic. The guy that died was my brother, and yes he was "saved".

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeftySinister
Congratulations. You guys derailed this thread like Amtrak.
You are correct, and I apologize.

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join