It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you smarter than an athiest? Cuz man they are smart.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Quibbler
29 correct out of the 32. I didn't think the Catholics thought the bread and wine LITERALLY became the body of Christ. That seemed a little absurd. Oh well, that was a fun.

hahaa thought the same. When I seen that I immediately face palmed.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
24/32 on the first try

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Elvis Hendrix

I mean how smart do you need to be to understand that is there is no god, and religion is simply a control construct, whose entire agenda is based on division and enslavement. A cynical tool based on our inherant fear of death.

Ah yes.... how did I not see that!!

The truth is that a bunch of primitive people living 4000 years ago devised the ultimate plan to control people for millenia, even now in the 21st century.

"hey, lets write a book to serve as a control construct to implement our master plan of global division and enslavement"

I'll take your words for it dude, because I know for a fact that you were present when man first conceived ideas involving God and the afterlife etc.

edit on 13-4-2012 by sk0rpi0n because: to korrect the speeling

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by DarkKnight21

I got 27 right as well.

Messed up on:

*nirvana!! srlsy?? DOH!! I knew it too, and changed it at the last second...*facepalm*
I put it in Hinduism..my bad.
*faith alone (wait a minute. faith alone comes from both sides on ATS, doesn't it?)

*longest suffering was Job (although I should've thought 'the paiience of Job', instead I thought of Abraham)

*Maymonee-who-in-the-what-now???!!

*Indonesians are Muslims? who knew??

Not bad, I thought!
Although I'm embarrassed, really.

And the only reason I knew about Jonathan Edwards was because of the book I'm reading NOW -- the varieties of religious experience.

edit on 13-4-2012 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by DarkKnight21

32/32. That was like an exam in a basic World Religions class.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by shamaniski

29 correct out of the 32. I didn't think the Catholics thought the bread and wine LITERALLY became the body of Christ. That seemed a little absurd. Oh well, that was a fun.

hahaa thought the same. When I seen that I immediately face palmed.

Ain't it funny how those silly Catlicks actuallybelieve what Jesus taught while here on Earth?

When he told this to the masses, hundreds walked away saying that this saying was too hard for them to follow. Jesus didn't offer any clarification or say "hey dudes, its just a figurative thing", he just let them go. If He was willing to let a large group of his followers walk away because of this "hard saying" it must have been an important element in the path to salvation.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
That is a really bad website. One page per question, one page per answer, and each page takes long to load up all the flash and other ajaxy crap it has dotted around.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by RyanFromCan
32 out of 32, and I am a Christian (but not a closed minded radical Bible thump-er)

Nice to meet you Christian. Where did you learn this deep hatred for the Word of God?

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

My sarcasm senses are tingling.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Elvis Hendrix
I mean how smart do you need to be to understand that is there is no god, and religion is simply a control construct, whose entire agenda is based on division and enslavement. A cynical tool based on our inherant fear of death. We are not feeble minded, we are free thinking individuals and the majority of us have cast off this deviant dogma.

Shamon.

I have no idea, you can channel Anthony Flew and get his 2 cents though. He'd know how smart one needs to be.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   

reply to post by FortAnthem

My sarcasm senses are tingling.

Might be just indigestion.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Now you know why we say they eat magical Jesus cookies. What's even more absurd is they buy them from the same outlet Protestants buy their wafers from.

Chew on that.

edit on 13-4-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
atheist here.

31/32

i missed that last one.

i also like how that question about "which of these was considered the king of the gods in greek mythology?" love how a religion that was here before christianity was even thought of is considered mythology while christianity is considered absolute truth. same with the not even 200 yr old religion like mormonism

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

*faith alone (wait a minute. faith alone comes from both sides on ATS, doesn't it?)

No, message Colbe if he believes in "sola fide" and get ready for the fireworks.

And Indonesia dear is the most populous Muslim nation on the planet.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

re my Q: who knew??
I guess you knew.

I thought they were Buddhists....connected to East Asia/China, etc. Oh well...I learned more about how much I don't know today!! I love those days!!

Who is Maimonides though? That name sounded like Greek to me...literally...Euripides, Thucydides, Basilides, Kallipides, Pleiades, etc...

oh wellides.

edit on 13-4-2012 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hardstepah
atheist here.

31/32

i missed that last one.

i also like how that question about "which of these was considered the king of the gods in greek mythology?" love how a religion that was here before christianity was even thought of is considered mythology while christianity is considered absolute truth. same with the not even 200 yr old religion like mormonism

If you follow history the pagan gods/priests just changed geography and names when conquered by the next Empire to serve the new king, but the central themes are all the same from Babylon. They just get culturally adapted wherever they go. Still based on a father, a son, and a queen of heaven.

Bible calls it "Mystery Babylon".

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes

I guess you knew. I thought they were Buddhists....

Nope, They are Asian in race, but not in religion. Indonesians are also the most hostile for jihad too. Pakistan is in Asia too as well as the southern Russian states.

All Muslim .

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Thanks...did you see my 'excuse' that I put in my above post about missing the Maimonides Q?

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

Who is Maimonides though?

One of the greatest Hebrew sages in history.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes

Thanks...did you see my 'excuse' that I put in my above post about missing the Maimonides Q?

I did afterwards hun, answered that too.

HERE. If you're interested, you might have been searching for the wrong name.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join