It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do you think will happen at the end of the Inca/Mayan calender

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 08:21 AM
link   
I was watching the experiment at CERN yesterday.. and allthough i believe that it will be fine, and chances of things go wrong are very little according to thousands of scientists.. a thing which really shocked me was that i read that when a MBH will for inside the LHC.. and on another program i heard a scientist say that i will take 50 months for it to grow and eat us.. 21okt.. + 50 month.. will be around 21 december of 2012..

I think thats really odd..

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Its all one big joke..............

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 06:48 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   
It could mean, we have been given seven thousand-year days. A passage in the Bible, Peter 3:8 states, "With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years a day." the first two thousand-year day, for GOD the Father, the second two thousand-year day, for GOD the Son, the third two thousand-year day, for GOD the Holy Spirit and the last thousand-year day for Jesus who reigns over the Earth, whose people enjoy one thousand-year day of peace, to rest from its labor of fighting sin. After which, eternity begins. We have not yet determined if the last millennium has begun yet or, is about to. However, who is to say that the Aztecs last recorded year, 2012 is or is not, the beginning of the end of thousand-year day?! The famous first chapter of the Bible, in Genesis, could very well be the clue, GOD created the universe in six days, on the seventh, he rested. Could this be the whole of recorded time?!

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Search planet x on youtube....all questions awnserd!

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by cstyle226

Hello hello , well i'm very curious to your beliefs on the world, your spiritual beliefs and what your neighbor hood is like.

this may say sound strange but I'm just a very open minded person and it seems you are very opposite of me.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   
i think the scientists of the military are sccrewing around with something big they are gonna put end of all humanity if the dont stop and i believe that dinosaurs and apirations and zombies and everything we didnt want encounter are gonna become fiction to reality and no its not good they are gonna kill us all in 2012 mark my words

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I personally think they're might be some type of eclipse then however, I highly doubt the end of the world will come. Lets go get another Mayan calendar then!

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   
No matter what the event, if any, we will all die one day eventually from one thing or another, shift or no shift, everything has a beginning and an end. Talking about this subject is pointless since no one really knows for sure. Which says to me, speculation is just something to do to pass the time until the day you expire.

MassModz com

Best Regards

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Kwintz

Yes, something out of the ordinary will happen, the hundreds of u.f.o.s that are here in their underground bases will come forth at 2012 and sort this world out.
This could mean any of the following

1. complete wipe out
2.tottal overhaul of the human systems that are in place
3.a spiritual waking by the benevolent ailiens.

there could be other reasons, but i can only think of the above

george

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   
My first post here (yay!), but I remember seeing a TV program awhile back. I *think* it was on Discovery, but I can't be sure. It was called Decoding the Past, or something like that.

Anyhow, it stated that some believe the poles with shift with one another. North goes to South, South goes to North. It was said that if it is something that happens slowly, over time, we will be ok. However, if it is a fast reversal, we all die.

Me? I'm tending to think if anything, it's more of a "end of the world as we know it" type thing. It could be along the lines of...losing our electricity, or losing our internet permanently.

I DO know that that is the day AFTER my oldest son turns 21, so I guess the hubs and I will be taking him out to party hard. Just in case, lol.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 01:32 AM
link   
I doubt if anything will occur, however, the down side is monumental if it does.

I do not accept the idea of a prophecy, but DO accept the idea of a forecast. The one thing that could have been forecast that long ago by, say aliens, would have to be the activites of the sun. And indeed, the sunspot cycle has been messed up lately. I would therefore conclude that this is not a pole shift but a solar flare. If it occurs, it will take out everything from Fort Mcpherson in the North-west Territories in Canada to the south pole and reduce the human population to a few thousand if that.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by aristocrat2

Do you have any evidence?

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by et is dead
I read about this somewhere and wondered what thoughts anyone has on this mystery? Thanks.

well its been a while since someone wrote on here so here goes.
i think some will survive, humans that is. we need to change our consciousness to stop this or sidestep it atleast. to many people have their heads burried in the sand. human kind can conquer anything, the key is to joining our forces and uniting as one,sod the notions of a NWO! what is the point of that if the preverbial poo hits the fan, no time for play then is there. i cant sit by and watch this happen, we all have the power to change the world, and no i dont mean lets live a happy existence i mean we all become one mind!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I started reading on the 2012 theories a while back. Now there's a movie and lots of ordinary folks out there are freaking out with doomsday ideas, etc. As far as a NWO is concerned, someone please define this.. is it a good thing or a bad thing? New World Order to me is obvious: good: due to the fact that this World Order we have now is in a constant war with lies, deceit, greed, and other acts unmentionable.
In some of the theories I've read and programs I've watched about 2012, a massive solar flare will disrupt the Earth's magnetic force, enabling black outs all over the world. These "black outs" will totally cut off most resources all over the Earth including but not limited to communications, utilities, transportation, etc.
Some radical theorists out there are pushing preparedness to the extreme. There is a HUGE demand for old military bunkers in real estate markets out west. People are buying and storing bulk food, medicines, and personal items. Huge attendances are counted in emergency preparedness seminars. Even I've gotten into the hype to an extent. I've been stocking up for the worse case scenario in regards to utilities and basic amenities. I'm also a volunteer with an emergency preparedness organization for the state (REDI).
Also, with the disruption of the magnetic shield, a polar shift is to occur. The studies I read, though it's been quite some time ago and I will search for the credits later, stated that the poles will only shift to the point of the equator NOT the exact north to south and vice versa. The Earth's crust is an ever changing design which this is a possibility and could cause cataclysmic devastation in weather patterns and geological occurrences. If you look through maps of the world at different times, you'll notice that the Earth's crust is ever changing. At one point ALL of the continents were one. Is this what's to happen again? Who knows.
Also, there are studies that all of the planets in our solar system will become aligned with the Sun on the 11:11 21 12 2012 date. The planet Nubira or X is said to orbit close to the Earth on it's 3600 year oblong rotation. An ancient civilization earlier than the Mayans and Aztecs named this planet Nubira. In their culture, there was a race of people who lived on that planet that gave humans knowledge. Their return was marked at 3600 years later which people (radical or not) believe as 12 21 2012.
Of course, those who aren't prepared for the worse possible scenario in any situation could be obliterated off the face of the earth. Whether it be through terrorism, war, or the Apocalypse? Time will tell what will happen. Just be prepared. I wouldn't go so far as to say "The world will end on this day!" but, I feel that change is necessary and inevitable, maybe things will change for the better.
This is an interesting forum with like minded individuals who can discuss issues that are "off topic" in certain circles. I rather enjoy reading peoples thoughts and ideas on this and other subjects. Thanks to moderators and other people who make this board possible.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Just ListeningThis is an interesting forum with like minded individuals who can discuss issues that are "off topic" in certain circles. I rather enjoy reading peoples thoughts and ideas on this and other subjects. Thanks to moderators and other people who make this board possible.

I agree...it's refreshing to know what other people think. Personally, I'm sure that something will happen...and there was a documentary on National Geographic Channel to do with 2012. They showed evidence that at the beginning of their cycle there was a climate change and that in the Mayan Books there's a crocodile or something pouring water over them I think? I can't remember for sure but it was meant to symbolize the disrupture in climcate change and that it occured....and that they predicted at the end of the cycle there would be a climate change as well.

But, personally, I don't think climate change will be the cause of 2012 unless there's an abrupt catalyst. And what Just Listening said about the aligning of the planets - I think that has a significant part to play into the matter of 2012. Maybe that could cause a wormhole to occur allowing extra terrestrials to come through [kinda far fetched but still, a theory] or have something to do with Planet X.

Or I could just be totally wrong with some of my theories. But definitely something will occur - that year should be when we will have the most active solar flares will occur, maybe that could be the cause. Maybe it could be a military project. Hell, there's so many possibilities, it's difficult to separate the maybe's from the definate nos.

If the Mayans were able to predict and mostly dead on, it's obvious that something will occur. And that most of the people on Earth believe it to be gibberish may actually be the cause of the doom and gloom that could befall us (being self conceited and such). Oh well, all we can do is wait and watch as they say.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I hope for a dragons beginning, nuff said carry on ATS BEACON.

[edit on 12/14/09 by Ophiuchus 13]

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Just Listening

hi, if you research apocalypse, it really means reveal, hence why the bible has a book called revelations. all shall be revealed, read dan browns the lost symbol, dan has quite a few friends in high places and i trully believe that his sources are dead genuine. i believe he is trying to warn the masses in a way that will not cause mass hysteria, i have always said that television is a good way to get said messages across, afterall most directors dont just make these films for the sake of it, if you were to tell the world straight up whats going to happen , then either of two things will happen, they laugh and say sod off dont be daft or they take on board the realism of it and actually do something about it.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by needarolly

Thanks for the reading suggestions. Truthfully tho, I feel the "mass hysteria" will hit in December 2012. All of us out there have theories regarding 2012, Apocalypse, NWO, etc. Only time will reveal everything ;-)
If anything happens along the lines of mass power outages, lack of communication and technologies to run irrigation and drinking systems; I sure will feel bad for those that live in major (and minor) cities. How will those people survive? Hopefully, my job won't transfer me to some huge city in the near future.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by et is dead
I read about this somewhere and wondered what thoughts anyone has on this mystery? Thanks.

well, it's not literally the END of the calendar altogether.
it's the end of what is called 'the great cycle,' which began on august 11, 3114 BC.

and so what will happen is that the next great cycle will begin until we come to the next.

that's all

it's not the end of anything in the sense of TERMINATION
it's no different than when Saturday ends the week so that Sunday can start the next week...or when one month gives in to the next.

here is a page that can help anyone interested in trying this, too

a great cycle is = 13 baktun
a baktun = 144,000 days
(so there are 1,872,000 days in one great cycle)

it is believed by some that humanity will benefit greatly if it can adjust its timetable to the 13:20 frequency, that the Mayans used, instead of the 12:60 cycle we now use in this age

personally, i use both the traditional calendar (for appointments, etc) as well as paying daily attention to the Mayan cycle. and i truly have had some good changes come about in my mind and consciousness since doing so. i've been doing this for a few years already.

recommended reading:
the law of time

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join