It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do you think will happen at the end of the Inca/Mayan calender

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Are we their food crop, and this is now harvest time? Are we ripe for the soup pot around 2010 or 2012? Or, are we just due for a periodic progress report and correction, or praise, as the case may be.... Like they would praise us.... So, what penalty will we face if that is the reason for the visit? In Christian gossip, I hear that they will terminate nearly everyone, and let very few of us live. Armageddon, Rapture, 2nd coming, Apocalypse, etc., is what they call it. Hindus say the slate will be wiped clean, ushering the start of the golden age, and ending the lowest point of all 4 ages of man. Aquarius is the name newagers use for the new age. Aborgines say its the end of the dreamtime, after a 40 000 year run. And dozens of other cultures tell their own version of what will occur. If previous records in accurately calling what would happen next is any criteria for choosing whose picture is most likely, check out the Hopi. Their 9 signs are, imo, very impressive. 8 down, 1 to go... So I would put a lot of weight on their call. But, my favorite has to be the Maya. They are alone, as far as I know, in naming a date for day one of the new age, the ubiquitous 21 12 2012, or Baktun 13.0.0.0.0. in their system. By coincidence, that day, the winter solstice is at 11:11 AM UTC, according to most sites. No wonder 11 11 is causing so much hub bub.

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Hey you guys can believe all you want but I for one will not drink the Koolaid.

Any way, have you ever heard of Zacharia Sitchin? He has wrote many books regarding this and predicts an alien planet that comes into orbit every 3600 years will arrive.

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I believe it will be an evolution. We have been going through it since the last one who knows when. But I believe evolution is something that takes a long time but when it happens and its noticable it happens instantly changing your mind and body structure over a week time.. Soo I think it will be the end of this evolution and the beginning of the brain evolution. It has to be.. look at the jump of technology. Was it or is it aliens? Or is it our evolution speeding up to a revolution and then back to a evolution?

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I believe, if anything happens, it will come from space and be something natural.
Meaning all theories of aliens coming or of humans reaching some new state or anything concerning sentient beings doing something aren't very likely to happen.
Also, theories of specific natural disasters happening that will change the world aren't very likely either, but who knows? Maybe the Mayans knew how some alignment in the universe would effect natural disasters on Earth.
Most likely it will just be the end of the Mayan calendar, as in they thought they'd written far enough into the future and expected to be able to make the next calendar sometime around when this one ends.

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 12:00 PM
link   
end of the myan calender, that is when the wobble begings and the earth goes thru all these catastrophic changes wiping out alot of everything and the things that live thru this start the beginnings of life again. i wonder if the allignment of planets has anything to do with this wobble. who out there has a planet allignment chart and dates and times and how many planets allign. gravity influxes may do this if the planets allign. like our planets moon has something to do with our planet.

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 09:52 AM
link   
the technological singularity occurs and most of mankind is destroyed by it's own technology. A reproducing form of AI will be created as a virus which will infect most computers and networks worldwide. launching all nuclear weapons and missle defense sytems though out North Amrican, Russia, Europe and Asia. the only people to survive are people in South America such as Peru and Bolivia, and also Australia.

posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Read the White Horse prophecy. I am St. Joseph and the world will not end it will be a rebirth of good and all will be pure again. Love will rule the world. They Myan calender marks this event.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 07:08 PM
link   
hey if the miyan calender ends on 12 12 12 wich is december 12 2012 the world might end but everybody might just laugh of not be able to breath for 30 secondes no one knows

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 10:00 PM
link   
It will be a new beginning of living.

No wars, no famine, no plagues, no nonsense.

Why does everything have to be negative?

It is this very reason that our very world is the way it is.

Time to change your thinking patterns

stay optimistic.. regardless if times are tough.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by jdem02
I believe it will be an evolution. We have been going through it since the last one who knows when. But I believe evolution is something that takes a long time but when it happens and its noticable it happens instantly changing your mind and body structure over a week time.. Soo I think it will be the end of this evolution and the beginning of the brain evolution. It has to be.. look at the jump of technology. Was it or is it aliens? Or is it our evolution speeding up to a revolution and then back to a evolution?

Evolution sounds cool, it could solve world problems too, considering our minds evolve too. Would evolution make all the women hot too? and could we have new found powers

Sounds great, but I dont think that will happen

I have no idea what would happen, it is all interesting, but all I see people doing (not you) but people who state things as FACT, they guess what they thinkg might happen, and spread it around as fact, then they get followers, and it goes on and on, it all came out of thin air.

I hope something good happens thou.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 08:43 AM
link   
The Mayan Calander points to the solar ellipse when the earth will be closest to the sun.
In 13,000 years it will be the reverse

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 09:31 AM
link   
There have been several theories about 2012. In my opinion, it has nothing to do with supernatural anything. If you take a good look at all old prophecies, one thing is apparent. They talk about cycles. Not just planetary cycles, but human or animal cycles. Yes we will be heading into the age of aquarius, but I think that means more about people's behavior than anything else. Humans follow cycles as well. We are not the most intelligent civilization to walk the earth. This is not the first time we have had a large population either. We are actually quite predictable. It is not that far fetched to think that our behavior was studied and recorded. Then used by leaders for one reason or another.

Now Im not saying that aliens visiting us is bunk. I find it kind of silly to think of us being the only intelligent species in the universe. That being said, combined with how predictable our behavior is, it is not too wild of an idea to think we might get help from elsewhere or hurt for that matter.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 10:05 AM
link   
i think nothing will happen, and people start laughing,"haha, told you.......OH CRAP!"

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   
The cosmic alignment should bring the cessation of linear time and/or major changes in human DNA and/or an enormous leap in Consciousness and/or dimensional shifts and/or an evolutionary human pinnacle, etc...
But the mighty NWO will use their Dark Knight super computer (blue beam project) to fake an alien invasion and/or a fake rapture and/or a fake second coming (Metreiya). This will bring fear in our mind and hearts and we won't be able to ascend. Then Nibiru will pass and earthquakes and floods will kill almost everyone. The survivors will be chipped and kept under control, until the real gods come back in spaceships to save what is left of humanity.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Want the truth? Nothing will happen.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 11:02 AM
link   
everybody heard about 'The Large Hadron Collider' right? that big fat machine thats gonna make a black hole or something?! that could suck up the whole universe?! or something like that anyway...
well thats not gettin turned on properly until october 2008 + scientists are saying that it could take up to 50 months to end the world...
now 50 months on from october 2008 is december 2012 right? and isn't then when this calender ends?! hmmmm... scaaaarey!

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I think that they just ran out of space for their carvings.

I don't think that it means the end of anything.

The world will continue.

No big deal.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I think we'll flip the page and Mayans will start a new calender.
Kinda like the tradition of buying a new pinup calender every Christmas.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 11:26 AM
link   
The same thing that happened at the end of 1999-2000. Nothing. So the Mayans were so advanced they must have known something would happen. Western and Eastern civilization are/were advanced as well. Heck, we ended up getting up into space and building vehicles that fly. The things that will change will change. Life is change. The future brings change to the present. It's the way things work.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   
others have published theories about the 'central sun' that more or less explodes. ----

the explaination is that every several millions of years another star falls into the Galactic Center Black-Hole structure and causes another enormous Gamma-Ray burst, which radiates from the polar axis of the Black-Hole...and will possibly inundate our solar system with a 'Killer Burst'
Keep in mind that our solar system is located 26,000 light years away from that 'central sun' / 'black-hole' structure
so about 10,000 years before our present holocene era, ther was a star that got absolutely destroyed by that gravitational monster at the known 'Sagitarrius A' black-hole... and in turn emitted high energy, killer gamma-rays out into the Milky Way Galaxy.

It is envisioned that when this Gamma-Ray burst hits Earth & Sol,
the people on Earth will actually see a white disc surrounded by a blue
field--- looking similar to an eyeballs pupil & iris..
(might this be the "Hopi Blue Kachina)

Or might this a archtypical/ or a phrophecied 'sign' of god ?
The Sing-of-God, which is supposed to accompany the great 'Armageddon' & mass extinction event?
where prophecy says 1/3 of all life on Earth will Perish? !

I think So
and you can think as you wish

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join