It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Storm Chasers On The Move!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by amongus

KDog is usually a very well behaved Husky. Dont know what got into him LOL.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

Whoa, that is awesome thanks for sharing. I used to want to be a storm chaser when I was a kid.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Evanzsayz

LOL, I've wanted to be one ever since I saw the movie "Twister" back in the 1990s. In fact, part of the reason I moved to Texas from California was that Cali weather is so boring.

Now that I've been here for a decade, I'm questioning my sanity for deliberately moving to a place in which a tornado can literally drop out of the sky and destroy me and all my possessions.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Lubbock tx. Home sweet home. I prefer to just watch channel 11 and see the weather girl
Nikki d is a cutie
edit on 13-4-2012 by rushunt because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by karen61057
reply to post by kdog1982

Yeah KDog that surprised me. Some ants get in your kibble big fella? You always play nice.
I have to go tell that guy that you dont usually bite.

Sorry,A little touchy these days.
Too much time on here,even with a break.

Man,tomorrow you guys in the path of this tomorrow hunker down.
I see Wichita,Kansas is at a tor:con 8 and I also see Joplin,Missouri is in the crosshairs again.

Be safe everyone.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by rushunt

LOL, yes she is....But I'm a 50 year old mother of two, so I probably see her in a different way than you do...I prefer to watch Mr. John Robison on prime time. He's been there forever (so my husband tells me), and I think he has a really good grasp of the weather of the south plains.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   

watching ofallonweather.org...

on that map (really cool by the way)

he's near Kansas City in middle of storm.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Looking at the map again this morning. They are piled on top of each other in central US in anticipation of this afternoon. That is a ton of chasers.

Saw that this is only the second time a blanket severe weather warning has been issued more than 24 hours in advance. Everybody take care, not chances.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Heard on local news this morning that the chances of a tornado within 50 miles of a person is the highest it has ever been in that area. I'm in SE Texas btw.

Worried and watching as I have family in sw OK. My brother's step daughter had a tornado at her house yesterday. She posted pictures on facebook. Sucked the water out of her pond. Missed her house though. Not sure yet about damage to other buildings on her property. They have kennels and last post last night she couldn't see through the storm enough to see if the kennels were OK.

She is about 30 miles west of my brother.

I grew up there and have seen many tornadoes. They are not a game to play video with for the average person.

I've always wanted to be a chaser.
edit on 4/14/2012 by TXTriker because: clarification

edit on 4/14/2012 by TXTriker because: typo

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I can feel the ugliness in the air out here. We are having severe winds today blowing strongly towards the northeast. The low that is creating the danger in the central US is strong enough to pull the winds from the desert southwest....very dry winds. Not good. A few days ago we were drenched in rain, now we're in a Red Flag warning with strong winds and the possibility of prairie fires. So yeah, it's a dry wind.

Every time these winds pop up here, somebody to the east of us gets a bad tornado. Today is one of those days.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Amen to that. We have them to your east here.

Lucky for me, those chasers seem not too worried about Lawton.
edit on 14-4-2012 by Mr Headshot because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Headshot

There was one in Lawton earlier. I was watching him in particular because I have family near there. He took off towards Hobart and then west.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
The winds have been screaming through here all day. This is bad, and it's only just begun. Stay alert, aware, and SAFE!!

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   
For live twitter updates go here...www.weather.com...

Newest one,

Wichita, Kansas National Weather Service is prepared to evacuate if storm stays on current track. Topeka NWS ready to take over duties.

Latest tornado warning in Kansas..www.weather.com...

edit on 14-4-2012 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Absolutely nothing in Lawton today. They're still worried about some storms overnight but they don't seem too alarmed. Just a windy cloudy day. We'll see how overnight goes but today has been a relief.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by FissionSurplus
Hello all,

I thought I would share a link for an Interactive radar that shows the position of every storm chaser in the US. Because it originates from the Texas Tech meso-net, and is on the KCBD - Lubbock, Texas website, it will default to the southern Texas panhandle, but you can use your mouse and go to any state.

It will show all radar activity seamlessly, and also the position of all the storm chasers who are chasing and online. Click on the little cars, and it will show you their live stream view, if they have one.

Currently I counted close to 40 of them this evening, amassed along a line from western Oklahoma, the panhandle of Oklahoma, and up into eastern Colorado, western Kansas and western Nebraska (which is starting to fire up storms). This is an excellent link for those who enjoy weather and storm chasing but cannot do it themselves.

They wouldn't be out and about unless they are anticipating activity this evening. Just like the chaser who was at the end of our caliche road yesterday evening, they know just where to find the storms. Their heavy presence is a give-away as to where they feel the storms will pop.

Enjoy!

www.kcbd.com...

Our local TV station provides this interactive link on their website, too. There was a rare ( for this area ) tornado outbreak at the beginning of March in N Ky, and that's when I found out about it. The live streams from the chasers are fascinating to watch ( from a distance, though ). I had no idea there are so many of these dedicated storm chasers out there now, sometimes even getting into pretty precarious situations themselves. I'm hooked.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Head's up for Texas (central, northern and later eastern)! A long line of thunderstorms has just developed over the western Texas area like a long tail, and it extends from Midland up into Oklahoma. As it heads eastward it appears to be strengthening. I see this line causing trouble overnight for areas like Abilene, Childress, Wichita Falls, Austin, and points north into DFW.

This will be an overnight event for central Texas so keep an eye on the weather channel if you can stay awake.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join