It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Storm Chasers On The Move!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

Thank you for this link. It is really cool. I spent almost an hour on it, and even Hubby started to get into it. We live in an area that has had some close calls. So I like others, get alittle nervous this time of year.

We do alot fishing. And you don't want to be on the water when the weather turns. We also keep a weather radio on our boat. We learned the hard way. Got caught in a bad squal and it was scary as hell. But I did catch the biggest fish of my life during that storm. But I wouldn't want to do it again.
edit on 12-4-2012 by crappiekat because: spelling

edit on 12-4-2012 by crappiekat because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

That's kinda harsh. Of course I can find a frigging app for it if I looked, but was just saying his website was not accessible on my iPad.

Calm down Beavis.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamschist

Stay safe,Iamchist!

All I can say is just keep your ears and eyes open.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by amongus

That's kinda harsh. Of course I can find a frigging app for it if I looked, but was just saying his website was not accessible on my iPad.

Calm down Beavis.

Sorry,you just sounded kind of harsh,peace.
I have that problem too on my ipad.
Try using intellicast,it works pretty good.
www.intellicast.com...

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982

Originally posted by amongus

Calm down Beavis.

Sorry,you just sounded kind of harsh,peace.
I have that problem too on my ipad.
Try using intellicast,it works pretty good.
www.intellicast.com...

All good! Wasn't being harsh, just mentioning it

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by amongus

You can also try going to imap.tv and see if that works, it shows the storm chasers on a map, just click on the cars to get live streaming video from them if they are currently streaming.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Great site!! Gonna add it to my Fav list.

Not much action right now but I will keep an eye on it for sure..

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Supposed to get rough. Buddy of mine was talking to an arfcom tracker last night who thinks this could be May 1999 all over again.

For those who don't know about May 3: en.wikipedia.org...

The 1999 Oklahoma tornado outbreak was a severe weather event that lasted from May 3 until May 6, 1999 and brought violent storms to Oklahoma, Kansas, Arkansas, Texas, and Tennessee. This article concentrates on the events on May 3, when 66 tornadoes broke out in Oklahoma and Kansas. The most significant tornado first touched down southwest of Chickasha, Oklahoma, and became an F5 before dissipating over Midwest City, Oklahoma. The tornado tore through Bridge Creek, Oklahoma, Oklahoma City, Moore, Del City, Tinker Air Force Base and Midwest City, Oklahoma, causing $1.1 billion in damage. Forty-eight people perished during the outbreak. This tornadic event ranks in severity with the Palm Sunday tornado outbreak of 1965. With a total of 66-74 tornadoes, it was the most prolific tornado outbreak in Oklahoma history, although not the deadliest.

We shall see, I'm right in the middle of it on Saturday.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Thanks kdog, looks like tomorrow and Sunday will be the worst for me. Will just have to wait and see. Not much can be done by we humans against this kind of power. Will be heading to the basement I expect.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamschist

The link the OP has shows where storm chasers affiliated with WDT weather are located. This link shows where most all chasers are.

www.spotternetwork.com...

As you'll see, there's thousands of guys storm chasing these days! When you go out chasing, it's not uncommon to have literally traffic jams and hundreds of cars blocking small county roads in the middle of nowhere. It's a fad these days.
edit on 13-4-2012 by Drew99GT because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Now do you guys understand my contention that the number of tornadoes reported these days and the supposed increase, might not be the result of an actual increase in severe weather and tornadoes, but it's from an increase in the number of people out there reporting them?

The fear mongers who claim the sky is falling don't understand this, or they do and they're simply promoting fear for profit.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Drew99GT

I haven't noticed any marked increase in the number or severity of these storms. If anything, I've noticed a decrease.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Thanks to OP.

Ive got a new hobby.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
First storms of the day have appeared. Sitting over the Wichita Mnts. now, heading toward Apache. Going to be a busy night for SWOK.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I'm still really mad they cancelled Storm Chasers.... I know the production part was super hard, but I loved watching it.. I still watch Reed Timmer on the live feeds. But no TIV2 video feeds right? TIV2 is a BEAST!

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I absolutely love this sort of thing. I've spent hours on the internet trying to find live webcams to view live storms or watch tornadoes etc live, and have failed miserably. Thank you so much!

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Low wall cloud north east of Apache. I'm going to bet this first cell wont hold it together long enough to drop anything substantial. There will be a line of them soon though, it appears.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
tornado outbreak has started in oklahoma. one in norman??

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

This is all in anticipation of some severe storms expected tomorrow.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Yeah KDog that surprised me. Some ants get in your kibble big fella? You always play nice.
I have to go tell that guy that you dont usually bite.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join