It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Storm Chasers On The Move!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Hello all,

I thought I would share a link for an Interactive radar that shows the position of every storm chaser in the US. Because it originates from the Texas Tech meso-net, and is on the KCBD - Lubbock, Texas website, it will default to the southern Texas panhandle, but you can use your mouse and go to any state.

It will show all radar activity seamlessly, and also the position of all the storm chasers who are chasing and online. Click on the little cars, and it will show you their live stream view, if they have one.

Currently I counted close to 40 of them this evening, amassed along a line from western Oklahoma, the panhandle of Oklahoma, and up into eastern Colorado, western Kansas and western Nebraska (which is starting to fire up storms). This is an excellent link for those who enjoy weather and storm chasing but cannot do it themselves.

They wouldn't be out and about unless they are anticipating activity this evening. Just like the chaser who was at the end of our caliche road yesterday evening, they know just where to find the storms. Their heavy presence is a give-away as to where they feel the storms will pop.

Enjoy!

www.kcbd.com...

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I don't know, from the weather map on weathercom everything looks all clear out there. It's only showing a few patches.That website is pretty neat though.
edit on 12-4-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

Yeah, it looks clear as a bell to the south in Oklahoma where a bunch of chasers are sitting. But they've been sitting there for hours and are online, so they are expecting something. Go to the north and see what the chasers see in northwest Kansas and southwest Nebraska. It's starting to fire up there.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Evol Eric doesnt like Tornados

Evol Eric thinks his neck of the woods seen enough Tornados

Tornados stay away!

....Neat map!

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by EvolEric

I'm terrified of tornadoes myself, but the presence of chasers before the storm may help people know what's coming before the radar actually shows something.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Ah, okay. I didn't see it at first, but once you zoom out you can see the storm about ready to form. Hmm, they are not going to see anything in the dark. lol Be best best if it was during the day so they can capture an image rather than a dark screen.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
They are all lined up Mid Kansas there is a line of storms there and numerous Tornado warnings : www.tornadovideos.net...

Heads up Kansans!

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Thanks,FissionSurplus for the heads up!

The latest tor-con numbers are....(tor-con is the odds of getting a tornado)

Friday April 13
IA west - 3 to 4
KS northeast - 4
MO northwest, west-central - 4 NE east - 3 to 4
OK southwest, central, northeast - 3 SD extreme southeast - 3 TX northwest near Childress, Wichita Falls - 3 TX southwest - 2 Other areas - less than 2
Saturday April 14
IA northwest - 4 IA southwest - 4 to 5 IA rest - 3 to 4 IL northwest - 3 KS south-central - 7 KS rest of central, east - 5 to 6 MN southwest - 4 MN southeast - 3 MO north - 4 NE southeast - 5 NE northeast - 4 to 5 OK northwest, north-central - 7 OK southwest - 5 SD southeast - 4 TX east panhandle - 5 WI southwest -3 Other areas - less than 2
Sunday April 15
AR west - 4 IA northeast - 6 IA southeast - 5 IA west, central - 4 to 5 IL north, west-central - 4 KS east - 4 MI northern lower - 3 MN southeast - 4 MO west, central, northeast - 5 OK east - 4 TX northeast, central - 3 to 4 WI southwest - 6 WI southeast, central - 4 Other areas - less than 2

www.weather.com...

Keep an ear to the radio and an eye to the sky!

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
the next few days are gonna be messy! of course, no one can ever been totally accurate so there's always the chance that nothing will happen but the likely hood is pretty high.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

Thanks for the tor-con readings for the next few days. Of course, they are just estimated probabilities, but weather forecasting is still an inaccurate science...but it gets more accurate every year....very handy to get it right if you live in a tornado prone area!

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   
When the storm chasers show up in your neck of the woods in one of these..

This is what is coming your way,hopefully not,but maybe......

www.washingtonpost.com...

It happened just 15 miles north of me.

Not trying to scare anyone,just to make you aware.

Be safe.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

Ha, that thing looks like a tank. The storm chaser who was by our house was in a regular GMC SUV with some bracing on the front, and a bunch of antennas sticking out of it. I guess he's hoping to outrun the tornadoes rather than to get to close to one!

I would like one of those tank vehicles the next time I have to drive in Dallas traffic.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   
The storms are suppose to arrive in my area over the
weekend. Hoping for no tornados as I have been thru
one bad one and that is enough. I get anxiety every
time the season rolls around and especially when
we get storms. Stay safe out there everyone!

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   
This website is far superior to the one you posted OP. Look at the controls on the right side of the screen. The expand up and down, can show storm tracks, severe weather etc.... Trust me, you will love it! Completely interactive!

www.wunderground.com... 103.31253&rad=1&rad.num=6&rad.spd=25&rad.opa=70&rad.type=N0R&rad.type2=&rad.smo=1&rad.stm=0&sat=0&stormreports=0&svr=1&pix=0&cams=0&tor=0&riv=0&wxsn=0 &ski=0&tfk=0&mm=0&ndfd=0&fire=0&hur=0&ib=1&mits=0&extremes=0&dir=0

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by NoSoup4U

Thanks for the hook up!

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoSoup4U
This website is far superior to the one you posted OP. Look at the controls on the right side of the screen. The expand up and down, can show storm tracks, severe weather etc.... Trust me, you will love it! Completely interactive!

www.wunderground.com... 103.31253&rad=1&rad.num=6&rad.spd=25&rad.opa=70&rad.type=N0R&rad.type2=&rad.smo=1&rad.stm=0&sat=0&stormreports=0&svr=1&pix=0&cams=0&tor=0&riv=0&wxsn=0 &ski=0&tfk=0&mm=0&ndfd=0&fire=0&hur=0&ib=1&mits=0&extremes=0&dir=0

Does it show location of storm chasers? I don't see them...

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by amongus

Well, I'm sure it has some cool stuff on it, but I did post my link so people can track the chasers and see what they're seeing. The chasers give the clues where wild weather is expected, well before anything shows up on radar. I enjoy seeing the chasers, so I thought other people might like that extra little bit of information as well.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by FissionSurplus
reply to post by amongus

Well, I'm sure it has some cool stuff on it, but I did post my link so people can track the chasers and see what they're seeing. The chasers give the clues where wild weather is expected, well before anything shows up on radar. I enjoy seeing the chasers, so I thought other people might like that extra little bit of information as well.

Exactly...that was the point of your thread lol...the one the other poster linked to does not provide chasers, so I don't get the point.

But, pissed I can't view your link on my iPad.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by amongus

You can find some of the stormchasers here,but I'm sure there are better sites....

dsc.discovery.com...

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by amongus

Originally posted by FissionSurplus
reply to post by amongus

Exactly...that was the point of your thread lol...the one the other poster linked to does not provide chasers, so I don't get the point.

But, pissed I can't view your link on my iPad.

I would think you have the capacity to find an app for that,or something similar,or do you prefer to be spoon fed.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join