It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reiki Practitioners/Energy Healers - Is Qi-Gong Important?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Hey ATS...

I am taking my Reiki Level 2 in a few weeks and am super excited, its been a long time coming!

Just curious if any Reiki workers, or energy healers in general, practice Qi-Gong as well? I've been doing some research into it and it seems like such a great way to work with energy and really learn how to manipulate it (for lack of a better word).

Love to hear what you guys think!

Thanks and Much Peace!

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Having done Reiki for a long time, I can offer you this advice:

Every one all starts off the same way, but in time all of us find our own center and the way we do Reiki tends to be as varied and different as the next person. The symbols are the same, but the delivery is all different. You have to find your center, ground and balance out. It took me several months of trial and error, practice and figuring out what felt correct for me. I do not use Qi-Gong myself, when I started I was using more of a combination of Hawiian shamanistic practice, and that slowly evolved to being more with a Buddhist practice, namely the Healing Buddha.

I have found that the study of acupressure points to be useful for doing Reiki, as it tends to be a bit more subtle and uses the body to shift the energy where it is needed. I also tend to use Buddhist meditation techniques, and advanced meditation to help when I am doing Reiki, but that took a year of practice and seeing what worked and what did not work, along with what felt correct before I was able to actually achieve the result and flow that I felt was correct and comfortable for me.

As a Reiki, all of the symbols that every one does is the same, the delivery is going to be different and it takes a bit of exploration on your part to find out what is correct for you. If you find that Qi-Gong is correct for you and melds well with Reiki, then who are we to say it is incorrect? It may be very well a good vehicle for you to use to achieve the same result if not greater than what would be expected.

Have fun with the second level, as it is the teaching of healing at a distance, where you no longer have to lay on hands, though you may find that it helps at times to start out with such.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   
I associate reiki energy with Qi.

That being said, I've never met a legit reiki practitioner imho. I have learned to sense my Qi & can drive is subtlety through my extremities. It can heal through touch but that seems challenging because you have to know when to return to your physical center.

What's reiki level 1 like?

I'm technically a different type of level one, but I have a broad base of "abilities"

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by survival

Level 1 reiki is where you learns the basics of hands on healing, and have to touch the person to do the work.
Level 2 Reiki, is distance healing, and that is where you do not have to touch the person and distance is not an issue.
Level 3 Reiki is the master level and are able to attune and teach others about Reiki.

At all three levels there are symbols that a person is attuned to and taught about, along with having such imprinted on their aura and sealed.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by sdcigarpig
reply to post by survival

Level 1 reiki is where you learns the basics of hands on healing, and have to touch the person to do the work.
Level 2 Reiki, is distance healing, and that is where you do not have to touch the person and distance is not an issue.
Level 3 Reiki is the master level and are able to attune and teach others about Reiki.

At all three levels there are symbols that a person is attuned to and taught about, along with having such imprinted on their aura and sealed.

Level 5 is when you wake up one morning and realize that, beyond auto-suggestion and physical massage, there isn't that much actual evidence that there is anything to this at all. (IMHO).

This renders the question in OP, moot.

edit on 12/4/2012 by chr0naut because: I am SUCH a cynic!

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by chr0naut

Really? Seems like the ANA would be more likely to disagree with you.
There is something to it, too many documented cases on such. And if it makes some one who is suffereing feel comforted and better, then is it a bad thing? Is it so wrong to give care and compassion to those who suffer, or are we to remain so cruel as to allow those who are suffering to remain in pain and without compassion and hope?

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   

There is something to it, too many documented cases on such. And if it makes some one who is suffereing feel comforted and better, then is it a bad thing? Is it so wrong to give care and compassion to those who suffer, or are we to remain so cruel as to allow those who are suffering to remain in pain and without compassion and hope?

ANA

edit on 12/4/2012 by chr0naut because: Told you I'm a cynic!

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   

I'm assuming you are being intentionally obtuse, ANA stands for American Naturopath's Association

As to the OP, absolutely.
Qi Gong is not only useful for gaining greater sensitivity of energy and its movement it also provides a way to balance physical energies. This is important both in helping the energy practitioner remain balanced within themselves, but also allows for transformation and release of other's energies naturally picked up as a healer.

In other words, it's not absolutely necessary if your practice incorporates things that accomplish the same goals, however, in the end, it is a great form of energetic hygiene.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by wrdwzrd

I practice qi gong, chi kung and some simple tai chi movements to enhance my healing practice. I also do some pranic breathing and kundalini meditation to enhance the effectiveness of my healing. There is no one true path, and in todays world we have more information available for us to incorporate into our spiritual path than at any other time in history. I feel that it all does it's part, but practicing them all with healing intent augments everything.

The qi gong and chi kung also promotes changes in your body and mind. I think martial arts was born from qi gong and chi kung, as practicing them refines your body movements and reflexes very much as zen comes into your life and mind.

The very practice makes you a positive force in this negative energy world. It is an interesting process, and if you stumble onto kundalini energy as I did, then you will be shining your light for all to see and your entire life will change for the better, and your healing practice along with it.

It remains interesting ...
edit on 12-4-2012 by Coopdog because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Thanks so much everyone for the great words!

I am not Buddhist but very much follow the practices and meditation is a big part of my life and therefore is a big part of my Reiki practice as well. I have learned so much from it!

I guess, as you all have stated, there are many ways to work with energy. In a sense its like building a house, you can use many different types of tools and materials but in the end in the same result is achieved!

I have been drawn to Qi-Gong lately for some reason so I will explore that and see where it leads me.

Again, thank you all! Much Peace....

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by sdcigarpig

I agree 100%!! If someone is in pain, mentally, physically, emotionally and you are able to help ease that, than in my opinion the healing has worked. Who cares how it came about, as long as the person feels better, thats all that matters.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I am a level 1 REIKI practitioner (level2 in June cant wait). I do not use Qi-Gong at all and my treatments are working fine. If someone would like more information on REIKI (all levels) I highly recommend the following book:

"ESSENTIAL REIKI: A Complete Guide to an Ancient Healing Art" By Diane Stein ISBN: 978-89594-736-9

I have just finnished it and it was very helpful for me. I had some issues performing treatments and had a lot of unanswered questions about it (I am a beginner after all). And this book answered a lot of those questions for me in a single read. Can't wait to read it again as I am sure that I must have missed a few details.

The most important thing I was tought by my master is that there is no wrong way of practicing Reiki as long as you have good intentions and the receiver gave you permission to give him a treatment (you cannot heal someone that refuses the energy as he/she is choosing to remain in a certain situation to learn a lesson from it) .

Even if you make a mistake when drawing the symbols, your guides will correct them for you or show you the proper way.

I would encourage anyone to get attuned to at least level 1 as this would by itself make the world a better place.

Regards

Teye22

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by coyotepoet

Nope, the American Nurses Association.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   

reply to post by coyotepoet

Nope, the American Nurses Association.

There are many ANA's

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   

What organs align with, and therefore could give rise to, the locations of the Chakras? (

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   

thanks for your unsolicited feedback, much appreciated!

you are smart, we are dumb. thanks for confirming the glory of your brain power.

can we go back to ignoring you now?

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by chr0naut
Level 5 is when you wake up one morning and realize that, beyond auto-suggestion and physical massage, there isn't that much actual evidence that there is anything to this at all. (IMHO)

level 6 is when you realise the above, and decide to make money from it by "training" people and writing books about it.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by spoor

Originally posted by chr0naut
Level 5 is when you wake up one morning and realize that, beyond auto-suggestion and physical massage, there isn't that much actual evidence that there is anything to this at all. (IMHO)

level 6 is when you realise the above, and decide to make money from it by "training" people and writing books about it.

And Level 7 is when you realize that assumptions made at level 5 were incorrect, there really is something to the energy work, move past the ego laden materialistic nature of level 6, and attain enlightenment.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by wrdwzrd

thanks for your unsolicited feedback, much appreciated!

you are smart, we are dumb. thanks for confirming the glory of your brain power.

can we go back to ignoring you now?

You may ignore anything you wish.

But think about this: When you 're-balance' the energy flow of someone. You get your money and usually never hear from them again. Is it because you healed them, or did they die?

The truth is VITALLY important.

Here's the modern Hipocratic Oath that more traditional medical practitioners hold to.

edit on 13/4/2012 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
dude, your boring me....

i cant stress enough how little I care that you don't believe in this...

last response to you.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join