It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Movie: "The Forgotten" must see for ufologists... my thoughts:

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 02:34 AM
link   
I recently went to see the movie "The Forgotten".

Cast: Julianne Moore, Anthony Edwards, Linus Roache, Gary Sinise
Dominic West, Alfre Woodard, Christopher Kovaleski

Director: Joseph Ruben
Producers: Bruce Cohen, Dan Jinks, Joe Roth
Screenplay: Gerald Di Pego
Cinematography: Anastas N. Michos
Music: James Horner
U.S. Distributor: Columbia Pictures

Well first of all, I'm going to discuss the movie so if you have not seen it and dont want to have it spoiled, DONT READ!

Anyway I was wondering who else saw the movie and what their thoughts were? If there is substantial responses I'll post my opinion, just wondering if I'm th eonly one that saw the movie.

Please respond with thoughts comments etc!

Thanks-Grey

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Haven't seen it yet -- but it is on the list of things to see -- did you think it was good? If you think it was great and worth seeing I will stay away from this thread so I don't spoil it for myself.

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 09:11 PM
link   
it was a GREAT movie!!!

couple of problems (i thought):

if aliens are THAT smart, don't you think they could erase memories with NO problems???

i also mean, they erased the minds of all those people, and what, a mother is smarter / stronger and is able to hold onto memories more than a father is???

come on!!!

i liked the way the aliens beamed up the people at 100 mph!!!

THAT was cool...

the movie made my friend and i jump like 5-6 times and it's rated pg-13!!!

they also did not ruin the movie by showing some alien costume and a computerized UFO, it was a mystery / alien movie

GREAT movie!!!

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL
it was a GREAT movie!!!

couple of problems (i thought):

if aliens are THAT smart, don't you think they could erase memories with NO problems???

i also mean, they erased the minds of all those people, and what, a mother is smarter / stronger and is able to hold onto memories more than a father is???

come on!!!

i liked the way the aliens beamed up the people at 100 mph!!!

THAT was cool...

the movie made my friend and i jump like 5-6 times and it's rated pg-13!!!

they also did not ruin the movie by showing some alien costume and a computerized UFO, it was a mystery / alien movie

GREAT movie!!!

I haven't seen it yet, but in answer to your question

"if aliens are THAT smart, don't you think they could erase memories with NO problems???"

It seems to me that whenever there is some kind of "memory manipulation" to humans , in pretty much any sci-fi movie, the recurring theme is that humans seem to be able to recover lost memories given certain stimuli.....maybe thats why they keep coming back...to perfecte the memory loss thing.....

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Only question to the topic I have is why is this in RATS?

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 09:53 AM
link   
You might want to change the title and add the word SPOILERS. You just gave away what I can only assume is the twist ending of alien involvement.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL

I don't think it has anything to do with strength or smartness...
I think they just happened to chose a woman, and what they were trying to illustrate, it seems, is the strength of a bond you can have with your child. I'm sure it could be male or female.

When you carry a child inside you for 9 months there is a bond there, and you will never forget it.

All in all, it was a good movie.
One part in particular made me jump out of my seat, pretty unexpected, and it was nothing special. lol

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 09:27 PM
link   
It was worth watching for the *whoosh!* moments, but other than that it was pretty poor.

If you want to see something like this done infinitely better check out Alex Proyas's Dark City

new topics

top topics

join