It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black figures and Reacurring dreams...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 02:27 AM
link   
I will try to give as much information as possible about the situation as i hope to find some degree of answers. I hope this is the right place.

When I was 13 I started having dreams where I and occasionaly other people would be engaged in everyday normal activities (watching TV, playing PS2, ect.) but there is a black figure standing off to the side somewhere watching us. The most common place he is standing is in the doorway of my bedroom. I dont have these dreams everynight and when i do have them they arnt in the same place as the previous dream but the black figure is always somewhere in the dream.

I always wondered about it but felt it was something that only I was experiencing and that it was normal. After talking with some other members here iv dropped that thought and would like to hear others stories or thoughts on this.

History of the house

The house was built and bought by my grandparents before my mother was born. No other houses have been built on this location, and before it was cut down there was a wooded area here. The house however has very strange things happening in it (ie ghosts, hallucinations, cold spots). There are two burial sites in the woods surrounding the neighborhood i live in (on another note, other people have reported strange things happening in their houses but nothing like my dream) one is an indian site and the other is a civil war site. It may seem like a plot from a movie but its no rumor, you can physically find the grave stones and burial mounds and look at them. The only other people who could have lived on this location before the house was built would be soldiers, indians or random drifters.

Things seen/heard

Some of the things I, myself have seen have been actually people. On one occasion iv seen a small girl walk from my sisters room into the bathroom and never come out. Iv also in two instances seen a small boy standing beside my bed as I woke up.

My sister has had hallucinations in one of our bathroom as she was getting out of the shower, she saw blood covering the floor and pooling up in the toilet. She was visablly shaken when she came out of the bathroom.

Our den was once our basement and my cousin and uncle stayed there. Most nights id stay there with them and everynight at the same time (I forget the time as i was pretty young then) we could hear knocking. It would go up the wall and back down over and over for about an hour or so and stop. Now we have raised the basement floor and it is our den and now we can hear walking in it even when no one is there.

My Room

My room is the place that i have these dreams and the place that I have seen the boy. Also everyone who has slept in the room before me (my mother, aunt, cousin, and my sisters) all said that it was impossible for them to sleep with their backs facing the door. They reported (and it is like this with me also) if they sleep with their back facing the door they have horrible nightmares that stop when they turn over or leave the room. This happens to me too. Im not sure if this has anything to do with the figure in my dreams but he is standing in my bedroom door alot.

I think that covers everything, feel free to ask questions, id just like possible answers and ideas.

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Just an Idea here.......The dark figure watching you might be yourself in the future looking back on this time of your life, to try to help resolve the feelings you are being subjected to.

Lets say that sometime in the future, you learn remote viewing or astral projection. And as a target you set your sight's on resolving the issues of this experience which you faced as a younger child.
You unwittingly would have become the figure that was at the time, the cause of many of your fears.
Sounds a little far-fetched now but could be plausible as an explanation. The other figures may very well be entitys, but the darker figure seen in your room and dreams might be you.
Parker

[edit on 26-9-2004 by parker]

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I dont think it sounds farfetched, any opinions or ideas im open to.

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 03:25 PM
link   
The black figure sounds link a sentinel of some kind. When you see him in your dreams, what do you feel when you look at him or come near him (sorry for automatically applying "him" to it, it may not be...)? Also, are you able to control your own actions in your dreams?

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 03:27 PM
link   
How often do you see or hear things in your house? Is this a regular occurance that is still happening? You mentioned that your cousin and Uncle heard some things but what happens when you have friends over? Do they ever feel uneasy when they are there or see/hear anything?

Jemison

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Im gonna answer both of you in sections so the questions dont get mixed up.

ishari, i actually know its a "him", or atleast that the feeling i get from him. I will try to explain the dreams I have as clearly as possible, every dream i have with him in them go somewhat like this, I (and sometimes other people, ie friends or family) well be doing every day things. For example a few nights ago, forget wat night exactly, I had a dream that a friend and I were sitting in my room playin PS2. I was looking at us from another viewpoint, i could see my friend and myself, and the figure was standing in the doorway watching "us". It seemed like we didnt notice him and that he didnt notice me from my other point of view. In every dream I get a feeling of worryment from him, or atleast thats the way that I feel about him, hes never tried to harm me though.

Jemison, there are actually two of my friends who wont even come in my house at all anymore. They stayed here once, they wont tell me why though. I assume it has something to do with all this though. All of the occurances still happen, seeing people is rare though and has only happened a few times. We (my family and I) hear things constantly in the house. Mostly walking noises, knocking, sounds of the water in the kitchen coming on even though its visibly off. The animals act strange too my dog will go into barking fits where her hair is standing on the back of her neck and show her teeth down the hall leading to the bed rooms. My cat will chase things that arnt there and sometimes refuses, and if we try to make him will scratch and bite to get away, to go in certain rooms.

I hope that answers your questions ok.

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 05:24 PM
link   
you said there was an indian burial site near your house? there have been other stories about a 'hauntng' of an indian ghost from a burial site in the person who was being haunted's area. It is probably a ghost of some sort because you say your pets act weird? It has been said that humans cannot see spirits only animals, escpically cats. It sounds like the ghost wants to spook you so maybe it is an indian whos grave is under your house or lived in the area your house was built and he wants you to get off his property. How do you know its a male?

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 05:25 PM
link   
P.S. Are the people you see dressed in old fashioned clothes? If they are i believe they would be victims of the 'ghost' trying to warn you

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I can just feel its a him. Just as i get the feelings of worry from him, i dont know why i get them as hes never tried anything just watched. The young boy iv seen has been dressed in older style clothes, the girl i couldnt tell, she was wearing a long white night gown. Her eyes seemed to permiate red too, although i think that might have been more my imagination.

[edit on 26-9-2004 by Delirious]

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 08:46 PM
link   
when you say older style clothes, hmmm
do you mean also a top hat or a taller top hat like say
abraham lincoln wore and maybe a cape or cloak?
I also want to know if you or your family tried to astral project in this house.
please if you would be so kind as to respond.

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I havnt tried astral projection and im sure none of my other family has.

The boy and girl iv seen werent wearing hats. The boy had on a brown vest with a long sleeve white shirt on and brown slacks. The girl was just wearing a long white night gown.

There was also another incident that happened last year. My family was out in the backyard partying and grilling out. I didnt feel good so i was layin on the couch, i initially had the covers on but apparently had knocked them off in my sleep. I got cold so i woke up and woman was standing beside me and actually picked the blanket up and put it over me. I remember i felt so relaxed and simply drifted back to sleep. Although i remember this very vividly i cant honestly say whether it was a figment of my imagination, a hullicination i had helped simply by picking the covers up myself, or if it really happened as i saw it. I asked both my sister and my mother and grandmother if they had done it and they all denied it.

The only thing that i remember about that woman was she had long dark hair, other than that i dont remember anything about her.

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Is the black man tall? how tall? how is he dressed?
this is the 6th or 7th reference to him I've come across.
the descriptions are similar to yours.
This is the first account of him I've read online. what does he look like?

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Hes fairly tall, his head comes close to the top of the door frame. He doesnt have a look though, hes solid black. Like a silouhette (sp). Cant see his clothes or his face. He stand with his arms cross alot too, casually, llike hes just observing.

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 04:37 PM
link   
sorry for the delay in my response, i couldn't type very well after my stitches in my finger...

anyway, it sounds to me like your figure in black isn't a bad thing, the worrying feeling you get may just be him feeling protective of you. that other people don't feel comfortable there and you do could be more significant than i should speculate on. i find it interesting that he doesn't seem to see you from your point of view, only where you physically are in your dreams.

do you keep a log of your dreams?

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I once saw a figure similar to the one you describe. Black, no features, no face, covered head to toe in solid black.....but I saw mine in broad daylight

The other similarity, it was near a civil war site--not sure about the graves part, and our small town was an Indian village originally.

Was one of your relatives, an aunt or great aunt maybe, a spiritual medium?? I ask that because the house I saw the figure near, was the home of an elderly lady who was a practicing medium. The reason I asked if it could be an aunt--as far as I know this lady had no children--(though I could be wrong- she had been married)

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Check into "shadow people" for the black man. Your house may be on or near a "rip". In parapsychology lingo, it's a theorized rip in the fabric of space/time, etc. that may enable other entities to occassionally come through from other planes of existance.

Given your description of such varied entities, this seems to be the likely culprit, as well as for the cold spots.

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Just an observation: It sounds like you have roommates from years past, but doesn't sound harmful. In fact, maybe even helpful at times.

Any malicious happenings? Maybe pray for them?

BTW, I think your cat is normal

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Perhaps this figure is an actual person or being that is observing you (that is what you presume he is doing) or maybe trying to protect you from the strange goings-on in your home.

This being may in fact be constantly observing/protecting you however your mind can only sense his presence while you are sleeping.

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 03:27 PM
link   
No I dont keep a log of my dreams, I may start doing that though.

As far as i know there have never been any mediums on our property. Not of our permission anyway.

I did have another dream the night before last, although i couldnt get around to posting it. I dreamed that I was in our den, I was by myself this time and I was just sitting there listening to music ( that part was probably because the radio was on when I fell asleep) and I could again see myself sitting in the recliner. He was actually sitting on the arm of the couch this time (I actually do that when I come in to talk to someone in the den). He didnt do anything like usual, just stayed there. I have no idea how long I dreamed that, but after that I didnt dream for the rest of the night.

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 04:02 AM
link   
I was reading a thread on Incubi and Succubi (an attempted pluralization of the words incubus and succubus) earlier today where someone mentioned that a phenomenae called sleep paralysis could be the cause of these occurances. I found that interesting, so I did a little googling; I found this site on the subject of sleep paralysis. There was some interesting information within it that reminded me of this thread.

Originally posted by Delirious
In every dream I get a feeling of worryment from him, or atleast thats the way that I feel about him...

Sleep Paralysis
People frequently report feeling a "presence" that is often described as malevolent, threatening, or evil. An intense sense of dread and terror is very common. The presence is likely to be vaguely felt or sensed just out of sight but thought to be watching or monitoring, often with intense interest, sometimes standing by, or sitting on, the bed.

How old are you now Delirious and is the shadow figure consistantly in your dreams still? There was some information in the site that talked about age:

Sleep Paralysis
Several large samples have produced consistent means of 17 years of age, with a sharp increase after 10 and an even sharper decline from 17 to the mid-twenties. The results do suggest, however, that sleep paralysis episodes can begin at virtually any age, although it is rare for this to happen after 30.

I know that this doesn't provide direct answers to some of the other occurances (i.e. trouble sleeping with back to door, the boy and girl, or the blood in the bathroom), but the if you read some of the site content, there is some information on HHE's (type of hallucinations) that could relate.

Hope this was helpful and I look forward to hearing more about the shadow figure.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join