It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you need to be inspired? Check out this 9 year old's story...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Here's a feel good story for those in need of some inspiration or even a restoration in the idea that there is still good in humanity;

Caine Monroy is a 9 year old who grew up on the dicey side of East Los Angeles. Spending the summers at his dad’s used auto parts store, he decided to pass the time by building an elaborate arcade out of leftover cardboard boxes. After a few months of work, he had a full range of games accompanied by tickets that were redeemable for prizes, and a price system of $1 for four turns or $2 for a handmade fun pass. He even created a claw machine with an s-hook and a piece of yarn...check out the video;

cainesarcade.com...

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Just watched this last night.

While I couldn't stop smiling at the fact that the kid did all of this, I also couldn't stop punching myself in the arm to stop as soon as I saw all of the facebook hipsters that showed up.

Still, big kudos to the kid. I would gladly pay for a fun pass.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by CrypticCryptid

Love or hate the Facebook hipsters...they were among the many that helped put a HUGE smile on this kid's face.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
True entrepreneurial spirit. My applause to his dad and the other guy for supporting this young man in his dream.

I wonder how long it will be before the city comes in and starts hassling him.

top topics

join