It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Had to post this here, facebook isn't allowing me to post.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I am 26 and part of the dumbest generation ever. Teacher tells me today that 83.7% of all college graduates right now can't land a job in their profession. Look around the class, no one cares except me. My generation completely disgusts me. They are all too busy with your dumba** "Jersey Shore" and "Lady Gaga" to give a crap about what is happening to them. The middle class is disappearing, illegal wars all over, 90% of college grads have no ability to comprehend an academic paper, police at every corner watching your moves, censorship being pushed on the internet, land and everything else being bought up so no one can ever own it, just like with our music and video games; but hey, I am sure who Snooki screwed this week is completely relevant in some form or fashion. To the other 5 people who care about what is going on, you and I are alone. To everyone else, you may now return to more dumbassery and please, if you are on Facebook, let us know if you go to the bathroom, we really do care. /endrant

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
i feel like this too, sometimes the sheer stupidity of the masses really bothers me. u forgot to add that our rights are being stripped away one by one

edit on 12-4-2012 by tegz_1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Get used to it, its not going to change for the better any time.

Ive stopped using facebook altogether, the updates were literally a waste of time. Whats worse when you are down the pub with your friends you dont have anything left to say because, you already told your story to your entire friend base already. The way of the anecdote is fading, people today only have one thing left to say any more, and its literally what they did that very day, its destined to get worse.

People dont look up on the bus, too busy on the iphone, they dont talk to any one new, i bet we are not far from saying good bye to meeting new people at bars clubs and events all together.

"who are you and why are you talking to me, you are not on my friend list"

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
And honestly what does ranting on a website do about it, go out and do something useful and voice you opinion. To see change in this world you first must institute it. Also there is alot worse thing to worry about coming up ^_^

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Newagekid2012

Also there is alot worse thing to worry about coming up ^_^

Really?

Like what for example?

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ventian

Why couldn't you post this on your FB...

Des

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I completely agree with you, I am 24 and in college and our generation is becoming more and more disappointing to me as well. I know just how annoying it is that the majority of the class doesn't seem to care at all, which leads to teachers not making an effort because it seems pretty pointless. Look at it on the bright side though man, its people like you an I that will hopefully have a good job after school, it doesn't seem to look as if there will be all that much competition. The sad thing is that we just seem to get worse and worse every generation. As a fellow person from our generation who truly wants to see success, just do me one favor, do not judge a person on their physical appearance or their religious beliefs, we will never succeed. I only say the last bit because I don't look like the "average" person and many seem to believe that because I choose to look a "different" way that I do not care about anything, that couldn't be more incorrect. Those so very few of us that do care about the direction our world is going in really need be willing to put our differences aside and work to make this rock a better place, because most of them just aren't willing to care, let alone make any attempt to actually make an effort.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by doomedtoday

I am in the same boat. People think that while I am generally "likeable" that I can also be a bit eccentric. As for judging people. I do it, you do it, we all do it. The important thing to keep in mind is that while you may judge someone, it helps to try and find out more before making a final decision on said person. Like your post, and please keep on keepin on.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Des, it says that my account is temporarily unavailable due to a site issue. If I try to post it locks me out. I guess it's a technical problem or the government. I do tend to rant a good bit on there.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Newagekid2012

Dear Newagekid2012,

I can't do anything as one person surrounded by a bunch of people who refuse to do anything. I make my voice heard in the class as well as the internet. No one cares. I can only do so much as one person.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   

That is the facebook message I am getting.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ventian

90% of college grads have no ability to comprehend an academic paper, police at every corner watching your moves, censorship being pushed on the internet, land and everything else being bought up so no one can ever own it, just like with our music and video games

Source please?

90% of college graduates EVER? Or just in the last 5 years? In the last 5 years, the ratio of college graduates to the entire population really isn't that high anyway. So maybe about 4% of the world received a degree in the last 5 years. That leaves 96% of the population to potentially be smart/aware/not in to Snooki...per your post.

Where do you go to school? Princeton or Community College? It seems like you might not have the full ability to comprehend an academic paper either.

Just saying...

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by fictitious

I asked him for sources. He told me he read it in an article in USA Today. The thread wasn't meant to be about those. Statistics can be alarming but they are often skewed. The purpose of the thread was to merely show how my classmates (I tend to label them as 13th graders lol) just honestly didn't care. I think he was merely saying those stats to see what kind of reaction he would get. I cussed a lot and the rest of the class was more worried about things that are completely irrelevant to their well being. Sorry if the thread was misleading, but I had to get it off my chest.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ventian

Maybe the reason for generation Xers being so dumbed down is partly because the older generation is the one "teaching" us.

Yes, I graduated with a degree in biology and couldn't find a job, but I wasn't a lazy piece of crap who gave up looking. I now work in finance...how bout that...weird.

If anything, I actually SEE the younger generation waking up. Not in their first year of college but shortly thereafter. I know I did, my friends did, and others. Yes, ideally everyone should be aware. But really, maybe its ok to have a few careless years of life. Cut them slack, but once they are in the real world a year, then it comes a time to become concerned.

Its not just college aged people with this problem - its all ages. Gen X at least utilizes other forms of information gathering - more young people read news other than msm. Older people still turn on fox. There is hope yet.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ventian

Don't judge people by their covers, most of their books are still being written.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by fictitious

I actually talked to someone older than me about this. I explained to them how is the younger generation supposed to fix these things when the older generation tells us not to worry about it or keep on truckin'. The person told me to just enjoy the little things in life. This gentlemen is getting screwed by the government just as bad on his retirement and all he can do is some groundwork to appeal. The problem I see with all this logic is that if we don't do something now, then when do we do something. I am doing all I can but it honestly seems that everyone I talk to just doesn't care. I think I may just have too much passion about these issues; in fact, maybe I am eccentric.

new topics

top topics

join