It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dr. Bruce Maccabee on ATSLive, 04/14/2012, Questions?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
This Saturday April the 14th AboveTopSecret.com's popular radio program ATSLive will be conducting an interview with UFO Analyst Dr. Bruce Maccabee. The Radio Staff are giving you a chance to 'possibly' have one of your intelligent questions asked "Live on Air".

Please limit yourself to one question only.

Click Here For Dr. Maccabee's Official Website

For those unfamiliar with Dr. Maccabees work here is a small summary of some of his work.

MacCabee received a B.S. in physics at Worcester Polytechnic Institute in Worcester, Mass., and then at American University, Washington, DC, (M.S. and Ph. D. in physics). In 1972 he began his career at the Naval Ordnance Laboratory, White Oak, Silver Spring, Maryland; which later became the Naval Surface Warfare Center Dahlgren Division. Dr. MacCabee retired from government service in 2008. He has worked on optical data processing, generation of underwater sound with lasers and various aspects of the Strategic Defense Initiative (SDI) and Ballistic Missile Defense (BMD) using high power lasers.

His work in UFOlogy

Maccabee has been an active ufologist since the late 1960s when he joined the National Investigations Committee on Aerial Phenomena (NICAP) and was active in research and investigation for NICAP until its demise in 1980. He became a member of the Mutual UFO Network (MUFON) in 1975 and was subsequently appointed to the position of state Director for Maryland, a position he still holds. In 1979 he was instrumental in establishing the Fund for UFO Research (FUFOR) and was the chairman for about 13 years. He presently serves on the National Board of the Fund.

His UFO research and investigations (which, he often stresses, are completely unrelated to his Navy work) have included the Kenneth Arnold sighting (June 24, 1947), the McMinnville, Oregon (Trent) photos of 1950, the Gemini 11 astronaut photos of September, 1966, the Tehran UFO incident of September 1976, the New Zealand sightings of December 1978, the Japan Airlines (JAL1628) sighting of November 1986, the numerous sightings of Gulf Breeze UFO incident, 1987–1988, the "red bubba" sightings, 1990-1992 (including his own sighting in September, 1991), the Mexico City video of August, 1997 (which he deemed a hoax), the Phoenix lights sightings of March 13, 1997, and many others.

He has also done historical research and was the first to obtain the secret "flying disc file" of the FBI (what he calls "the REAL X-Files"). In addition, he has collected documents from the CIA, the U.S. Air Force, the U.S. Army, and other government agencies. Excerpts from Wikipedia

Once again, please limit yourself to one question for Dr. Bruce Maccabee and for those that may be unfamiliar with the ATSLive radio program, see below

Click link for the ATSLive Stream (and Archived Shows)
We go Live from 9pm EST/ 8pm Central/ 7pm Mountain/ 6pm PST (North America), 2am GMT (UK), 3am CET (Europe) and 1pm ACDT (Aus). You can look into upcoming and past shows by going here.

edit on 4/12/2012 by JohnnyAnonymous because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyAnonymous

Can't wait to get a few cold ones and listen in! Thanks for the heads up!

Question:
Obviously you conducted research/investigations while you were still in the Navy, my question is, during these investigations, was there ever pressure from the government to stop any investigations for whatever reason? Meaning, did they know you were investigating a somewhat touchy subject to the Navy/government and did they ever try to impede your investigation, either because they flat out didn't want you to investigate UFOs or because they knew something you didn't?
edit on 12-4-2012 by Bigfoot12714 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   

This should be a good show, thanks ATS staff

1) What is your opinion on the ufos filmed out in space, are they space debris and/or ice crystals? What is your take on the astronauts description of "fireflies" on their missions?
2) What percentage of sightings would you categorize as ours, versus truly unknown anomalies?
3) Naturally, what is the most impressive case you have investigated?
4)What events, advances or direction do you see in the near future regarding this field?

Thanks,
spec

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Looking forward to listening, I had the pleasure of meeting Dr.Maccabee in 1990 at Ft. Mason in San Francisco at a UFO Update Conference, very serious and knowledgeable man. Since I was involved with putting the conference on I was able to meet and talk to all the presenters which included Stan Friedman and Dr. Richard Haynes.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Thank you for answering our questions.

Who or what do you believe is behind "true" UFOs? Aliens? Angels/Demons?Time travelers? Or do you believe all true UFOs originate from various governments?

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
The UFO cover-up conspiracy claims dates back to the birth of the era with Major Keyhoe. What are some of the real cover-up efforts made by the government, and what were they trying to conceal?

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   

THX for your hard work over the years and your courage and candor.

QUESTION:

Jacques Vallee and others have asserted that the UFO critters are evil entities from a 'spiritual dimension.' Most experts are loathe to go there. The propagandized perspective seems to be that they are benevolent 'space brothers' or some are benign or our saviors and some are our threats and potential conquerers.

[color=33CCFF]What's your perspective on THEIR CHARACTER and agenda related thereto?

edit on 12/4/2012 by BO XIAN because: parameters of tags fix

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   
What do you consider to be your best evidence of non-human craft flying around?

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
My question for Dr. Bruce Maccabee is ....

Where is the raw footage of the night-time video showing the 3 "craft" taken by Ed Walters ?

Who has it ? Where can I get a copy ?

If you have all the raw footage ... then why not make it available for everyone to study ?

Thanks

edit on 12-4-2012 by easynow because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I think we need more questions.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
We are less than 5 hours away from our ATSLive program airing.

I'm getting emails and phonecalls from a number of folks with their questions.. It's my hope that I might be able to add your question in the 'grab-bag'. Lets not waste this fantastic chance to have clear and insightful answers to our queries.

It's not often in life we have the opportunity to a credible "real-life UFO Analyst" to not only speak to, but to shed light in a fascinating subject that has garnered my attention and study for over 30 years.

Johnny

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Do you think there has been any change in attitudes in people serving in the US Armed Forces towards the topic of UFOs in the decades since the 1940s? Are members more or less willing to share their views and experiences of UFO encounters with each other? Do official policies in the US Army, Navy and Air Force encourage, discourage or have nothing to say on the sharing of such information?

(I guess that is technically three questions, but they are closely related to each other)

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Looking foward to the show. I'd like to ask Dr. Maccabee if over the many years of him doing analysis on unidentified flying objects, has he noticed any changes in performance in how these objects move? Perhaps to bring a visual picture to my question, human flight performance capabilities have made a huge leap from P-51 World War Two era fighter planes to todays F-22 Raptor. Granted, Observed UFOs over time have almost always stunned observers as to their seemingly impossible capabilities, but was there ever an obervation you analysed where you may have thought "thats no A model anymore, that has to be a B model at least"?

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Less than an hour away from the show beginning.. Hope you can join us..

Here is your last chance to get a good question in for the fine Doctor.. (please review over the other questions first so you don't duplicate your query).

Johnny

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
One more question, does the US take a different stance on disclosure of any sorts, compared to other countries?
It seems other countries have made their ufo files available and are poised to convey the existence of et's/other world crafts to the public. If our leaders do feel differently and less inclined to acknowledge the subject publicly, then why, in your opinion?

Thanks,
spec

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
First time doing this I guess I post my question and listen.

My question for Dr. Bruce Maccabee:

Do you believe that all UFO's are of extraterrestrial origin? IE: maybe the illuminati and/or military is using for secret travel?

Do you believe they aliens are landing and living on planet earth?

Thanks!
edit on 14-4-2012 by jim3981 because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-4-2012 by jim3981 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Aw man, got my popcorn ready for the 2nd hour and I am going to have to eat it all alone maybe.

I hope you guys are able to fix it. I know you are working on it and we appreciate it, but if we miss Dr. Maccabee's interview, will we be able to listen to it later somewhere?

Thanks guys,
spec

ETA: woohoo, thanks guys!!
edit on 14-4-2012 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

Shoot, I just realized I don't have any popcorn!

Hope this interview comes back on too.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Why would intelligent life go thru all that trouble to ,make a light splash ,or something quicker.,worm hole,extrademensall timecrash ,time splash
still has to be a a lot trouble
And the n leave ,without anything
spell check would not Cooperate

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Address my post

No lackeys

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join