It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Is Hate?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Hatred is the failure to see things from the point of view of another, and failure to accept that such persons are entitled to their own views, beliefs, customs, and attitudes. In addition, it is a cancer of the mind and soul(in a generic sense), which eats away at the meaningful existence of those that hang onto such hatred.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by artistpoet

real worms are the precedent to butterfly, growing on green trees leaves first, n im not just saying it is the reference to all worms realities as matter of fact

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Raelsatu

What is Hate? Is a good subject for discussion
Sorry if it has been scuppered by going off at tangents
Where does hate come from is something I am considering - to me it seems like a reaction and lacks intelligence
and comes from some sort of fear of something or someone who is different to oneself

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by absolutely

real worms are the precedent to butterfly, growing on green trees leaves first, n im not just saying it is the reference to all worms realities as matter of fact

Sorry but worms do not have legs - caterpillars do
Is English a secondary language of yours - no disrespect but that would explain some confusion.
What is your native language ??????

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProfEmeritus
Hatred is the failure to see things from the point of view of another, and failure to accept that such persons are entitled to their own views, beliefs, customs, and attitudes. In addition, it is a cancer of the mind and soul(in a generic sense), which eats away at the meaningful existence of those that hang onto such hatred.

Your post is succinct and explains very well what I think also
Thanks for your clarity

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by artistpoet
reply to post by absolutely

Sorry I would like to respond to your post but it is garbled and I fail to understand what you are on about
No insult intended but what has whatever you are attempting to say to do with what Hate is

again, why do u want to define hate as objective thing since u mean people that hate

u should decide what exactly u want before meaning to define it

if u point hate from people, then my words for u were personal hate example, clear rejection of ur expression in what it deny my basics of being existing, my reaction to compensate the minus i became bc of u

if u point hate as a thing, then my words for u were clearly proving that any is exclusively objective truth, so hate is wether right or never negative thing

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Thanks for your clarity

Thank you for taking the time to say that.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   

so using the word caterpillars is making u master english language and me a worm english writer??

i suggest that u take some reading courses before joining back the forum, which would surely b for a while
u might b expert in spelling worms different varieties of ur species, but making sentences is smthg else especially philosophical writings or metaphysical concerns

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   

reply to post by absolutely

Sorry I would like to respond to your post but it is garbled and I fail to understand what you are on about
No insult intended but what has whatever you are attempting to say to do with what Hate is

again, why do u want to define hate as objective thing since u mean people that hate

u should decide what exactly u want before meaning to define it

if u point hate from people, then my words for u were personal hate example, clear rejection of ur expression in what it deny my basics of being existing, my reaction to compensate the minus i became bc of u

if u point hate as a thing, then my words for u were clearly proving that any is exclusively objective truth, so hate is wether right or never negative thing

I was saying hate is an emotion - a feeling that some people feel.
Those feelings are directed at others or even objects
As Prof pointed out hate eats away at the soul of one who holds onto it.
Sorry if you do not understand me.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   

so using the word caterpillars is making u master english language and me a worm english writer??

i suggest that u take some reading courses before joining back the forum, which would surely b for a while
u might b expert in spelling worms different varieties of ur species, but making sentences is smthg else especially philosophical writings or metaphysical concerns

No I was trying to point that you used the word worm when in fact you meant caterpillar
I was trying to help with learning English
Let me try explain - Worms in the English Language are those creatures that live in the Earth they do not climb or eat leafs.
Caterpillars are creatures that eat leafs and turn into a chrysalis then become butterflies
I do get the Metaphysical analogy of Caterpillars turning into Butterflies however and think that a good anology or example

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Im not sure how you can take someone seriously when he can't even form a complete english sentence... and yet procedes to lecture people on understanding...

You have more patience then i...

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lionhearte

In other words, everyone needs to understand and accept that no one is perfect. Stop Hate, start Love. Simple.

Why is this so hard of a concept to grasp?

It's not a difficult concept to grasp; that's why my thread title is rhetorical. My points have been made; hate is not criticizing a religion. Start love is precisely it... but by Biblical standards even a 'loving' person is still utterly evil if they're not saved by the blood of Christ. Would you rather live with a loving human being who was not Christian, or a Christian that was bigoted, spiteful towards others, & even fundamentalist to the point of enacting violence?

Only a few centuries ago, non-believers (even those of different sects) were tortured, burned at the stake, and executed in other unspeakable manners. Yet back then it was accepted that it was "God's will". The Bible is riddled with laws demanding the murder of all sorts of sinners. Fast forward to the 21st century, & it's the mindset that's evolved to discard of such despicable ways. Not the religion.... only difference is now most people don't think it's fine to spill the entrails of an adulterer. Even if the Bible says so.

This sort of punishment still exist in some cultures (Sharia law), but then again Islam is not as old as Christianity. Hopefully they'll catch up soon...

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   

understand what u say about others and their feelings?? how do u expect that another understand what u cant understand

where did u learn that hate is an emotion that everyone feel eating their souls?? in souls house or nature conditions or as god partner deciding the end of everyone ???

u cant mean hate but from urself, when u dont want to include urself in smthg that cant b but subjective fact, then that thing is not ur business

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   

No I was trying to point that you used the word worm when in fact you meant caterpillar
Let me try explain - Worms in the English Language are those creatures that live in the Earth they do not climb or eat leafs
Caterpillars are creatures that eat leafs and turn into a chrysalis then become butterflies
I do get the Metaphysical analogy of Caterpillars turning into Butterflies however and think that a good anology or example

liar, u didnt point anything, i did only
im the one that started by explaining how one is reason of everyone, while everyone is the absolute reality as a matter of fact, so it is still worm reference
and again i repeat, go learn reading before trying to make a sentence, ur lousy copy of the sort of mean i made, dont have even nothing to do with images so definitely the reverse of metaphysics

when u mean to differenciate as opposite same thing for what it has legs or not, u cant ever b allowed to mean everything in absolute terms, u r disgusting with ur worms, why dont u give metaphysics a break of ur presence?

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

Im not sure how you can take someone seriously when he can't even form a complete english sentence... and yet procedes to lecture people on understanding...

You have more patience then i...

Well my patience just ran thin

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Let me try explain - Worms in the English Language are those creatures that live in the Earth they do not climb or eat leafs

liar, u didnt point anything, i did only
im the one that started by explaining how one is reason of everyone, while everyone is the absolute reality as a matter of fact, so it is still worm reference
and again i repeat, go learn reading before trying to make a sentence, ur lousy copy of the sort of mean i made, dont have even nothing to do with images so definitely the reverse of metaphysics

when u mean to differenciate as opposite same thing for what it has legs or not, u cant ever b allowed to mean everything in absolute terms, u r disgusting with ur worms, why dont u give metaphysics a break of ur presence?

OK I am a liar
Yes I go learn reading then thanks for advice
Yes I lousy copy of some meaning you made
Yes Im disgusting with my worms
Love you- try not hate me

link   

My first reaction on seeing the title only (will go back to read the op) is

hate is nothing, because it produces nothing, so it's fruitless, even ridiculous and absurd, and so when I saw the title, the first thing it evoked in me was the laughter at the absurdity of it.

And it's nice to laugh out loud in the face of hatred, so thanks, already, and now I'll go back and actually read the thread, but I don't need to.

Hate is ridiculous and absurd, it makes no sense at all, and thus, it's childish, and ignorant and dumb, much like a typical playground bully, that's hate.

It's hilarious imho, to see it for what it is, which is nothing, an absurdity, insubstantial, and insignificant, and that's rather easy to dissolve within an ocean of love..

link   
Scientists prove it really is a thin line between love and hate

The same brain circuitry is involved in both extreme emotions –

but hate retains a semblance of rationality
www.independent.co.uk...

When ever I see this topic pop up I think of this article.

Some People on this forum absolutely hate me.

They found that the hate circuit includes parts of the brain called the putamen and the insula, found in the sub-cortex of the organ. The putamen is already known to be involved in the perception of contempt and disgust and may also be part of the motor system involved in movement and action.

"Significantly, the putamen and the insula are also both activated by romantic love. This is not surprising. The putamen could also be involved in the preparation of aggressive acts in a romantic context, as in situations when a rival presents a danger," Professor Zeki said.

"This may seem surprising since hate can also be an all-consuming passion like love. But whereas in romantic love, the lover is often less critical and judgemental regarding the loved person, it is more likely that in the context of hate the hater may want to exercise judgement in calculating moves to harm, injure or otherwise exact revenge," Professor Zeki said.

the hater may want to exercise judgement in calculating moves to harm, injure or otherwise exact revenge,

Yes, it happens here.

Words hurt, I don't think anything hurts worse, and I have been beaten many times by my first husband, but words, and unfounded accusation, cut deep,

Words also destroy a persons reputation.
the tongue is sharper than any two edged sword

edit on 083030p://bThursday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Love and hate are opposite ends of the same spectrum.... but people confuse love with lust...

Love is purely selfless... Hate is pure selfishness...

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Love and hate are opposite ends of the same spectrum.... but people confuse love with lust...

Love is purely selfless... Hate is pure selfishness...

I never thought of hate as selfishness, that's interesting.

I guess the closet thing to pure love I ever experienced, was the love for my children.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join