It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Glowing whale-sized object falls from sky into Connecticut lake.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
This is a local lake for me and I will be happy to answer any and all questions about this lake since I have fished it and swam in it for many years.

It is unfortunate though that I did not see this object myself. This is the second closest UFO/odd phenomena that I was nearly involved in. (So close but never observed it directly
) This is also big local news but it seems to be staying that way. If I hear any other developments ill be sure to send them this way.

www.countytimes.com...

edit on 18-4-2012 by Zygonator because: Inconsistent information. Removed inaccurate Information as well.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Zygonator

Hey can you confirm that divers have been in Bantam?
I'ts what i heard around here but you live closer then me.

Are you really close to the lake? Is anybody new coming forward?
It's funny, of all my friends and other people i know here I bet you're the one that will have the most info. lol

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by GunzCoty
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

I have yet to see a meteor live or video that did not look like a meteor, yet that is just me.
Would the state police not know what a meteor is? Maybe he never seen one or ...well who knows?

I see what you're saying, but from what I'm hearing around here it seems people don't think it was a meteor.
Who knows?

All we know about it is that it was a green glowing object in the sky. We also know that it appeared to be heading downward (according to the trooper) or toward the lake (according to the witness near the lake.

We still don't know if it actually hit the lake. As I said in other posts, it could have simply been traveling away from the observer toward the horizon, thus only appearing to be traveling "downward".

As for the state trooper, a state trooper may or may not be able to recognize a bolide fireball meteor when he or she sees one. Bolides are not your typical meteor, and most people will never see one during their lifetime, and many may not have that great an interest in the sky to have seen videos of a bolide.

There's not really a lot of information, and quite frankly, the information we do have sounds a bit to me like a bolide/fireball meteor (a green glowing object traveling in the sky).

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by GunzCoty

Sorry I didn't meant to imply i was a local (living on the lake) I wish I was. It is not super close but it is easily a 20 min drive. I plan on making a trip up there very soon and I will be sure to ask around the local shops and camp grounds. Not sure if they would be willing to talk to me since I do not live right on the lake.

A couple things to note. Yes Bantam is a fairly shallow lake and if it was a regular everyday object the size of a whale then yes it would have been found either by fishermen snagging their lines on it or by their fishing sonar. (depending where it landed) Not to mention the firefighters combing the lake thinking it was a plane crash.

Some parts of the lake are usually very clear and you can see the bottom and others are murky. I suppose like any other lake i have been to.

It is entirely possible that some locals made up the story to drum up business however it is a very popular lake in the summer anyways. Perhaps it is someone trying to make a niche business with their version of the loch ness or something.

When I make the trip up there I will post up some pictures of the area to give everyone an idea what it looks like.

Chances are whatever landed there (if something landed there) it is long gone but it will be cool to see if i can document what is going on. Perhaps ill dust off the fishing boat for this summer.

As far as divers go I don't know about official ones but I would imagine that some amateur divers frequent the area for practice.
edit on 18-4-2012 by Zygonator because: Added some Information.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Zygonator

Oh you don't live right on the lake?
20 mins? Then we live about the same distance away from Bantam.
Let me know what you know when you know more.
Thanks.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by MESSAGEFROMTHESTARS
If this isn't already underway(a massive hunt), then I would suggest that this story is false. Either false, or people apparently have no idea that a metaphoric 'chunk of gold' just landed in their backyard.

Maybe those who control the authorities knew full well what it was?

That would also explain why they don't seem too interested in finding out what it is.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Here's the latest report from the local newspaper.

Source

After one story on the sighting was posted last week on the Web site of the New Haven Register, The Smoking Gun Research Agency (SGRA) in Orange, indicated in a comment that it would be investigating. Smoking Gun director Jon Nowinski said that, based on descriptions from residents, it sounded like a meteorite. “We’ve spent a couple of days communicating with people by e-mail to gather more information about what people might have seen. We have been speaking to people that have heard things and [there are] a lot of rumblings,” said Mr. Nowinski Monday afternoon.

Right now, the group in Orange is pinpointing where people were at the time of the sighting, in trying to narrow things down a bit. This is the first step before the group comes to Litchfield and interviews those with information. The group has received 10 different reports from Morris and the surrounding area—even as far south as Danbury—regarding last week’s sighting. Mr. Nowinski said his group is hoping to come to the Litchfield area by Sunday, and hopes that people will meet with them and share first-hand accounts of what they experienced. “The area of northwestern Connecticut, all the way from New Milford to Torrington—basically the northwest half of Connecticut—has always been a rather active, especially areas around Mohawk Mountain and Route 202,” said Mr. Nowinski.

His group has been in touch with the John J. McCarthy Observatory in New Milford, and everyone’s theory seems to be that it was a meteorite. The Smoking Gun group has contacted State Police to request audio or written transcripts of the reports as part of creating a timeline and mapping where those offering reports of the incident were located.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join