It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More Than Mere Magic Mushrooms

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by JacKatMtn

Originally posted by PrinceDreamer

The third video, hell why should I bother explaining if you cant be bothered watching

I for one appreciate the breakdown of what is in the videos..

Despite the era of fiber optic high speed internet, there are still those of us who are still stuck in the prehistoric digital age

I call my setup Hillbilly broadband, which is merely a tethered blackberry attached to a signal amp/antenna to squeeze out sub 3G cellular service..

Please, carry on with your summaries?

SO ya made the upgrade from the tin can and twine??
Poor Jack.
Id watch it but Im listening to Black Label Society and thats oh so much more important.

This is pretty cool and the person that mentioned Hemp.. wouldnt want to do that. clothing and other things would last a LOT longer if hemp was used.. therefore taking money out of the pockets of the manufacturers and sellers of cheap crappy cotton disposable clothing and items.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by schlomo
This article posits that fungi and mycelium are the Earth's Natural Internet. It has a lot of quotes from Stamets' books and has the TED video as well

I thought this was interesting

In 1998 scientists discovered that fungi split from animals about 1.538 billion years ago, whereas plants split from animals about 1.547 billion years ago. This means fungi split from animals 9 million years after plants did, in which case fungi are actually more closely related to animals than to plants. The fact that fungi had motile cells propelled by flagella that are more like those in animals than those in plants, supports that. -- Science Daily

so mushrooms could possibly an even better medicine than some herbs. Nice find

Pardon my ignorance but could some one explain how a higher life form animals created a gentic offsping called plants and fungi?

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
This might be sort of unrelated, but I've tried looking it up several times...

I have an eraser (yes like pencil eraser) that eats through the plastic tray in my desk at work.

Obviously something in this eraser I have eats plastic. Why not use whatever it is made of in land fills? Although, I can't figure out why my eraser even does this...

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
nothing I love more on this planet than magic mushrooms and the spiritual qualities that it serves me.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   
If it lives, it dies, and it will be recycled, remade, restructured, repurposed.

Nothing new, what is made can be unmade, this machine we call earth has been here doing this longer then we know, and can really know, or can imagine of knowing, we can speculate, and we can theorize, and we can conclude, but we can never really go back to the very moment of all our conclusions have concluded as being the very facts themselves.

Fungi are everywhere, in the ground, in plants, in ants, in birds, in animals, even in the human animal, and even in the very air itself.

There are worst ways to go about things then using the very machinery at hand to deal with the machinery made by hand. But that to is all part of the overall system.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Insearchofthetruth1987
and if the mushrooms are edible without the psychotic effects of certain strains...
we solve world hunger too!!!

now we just need to invent a potato that eats nuclear waste and is safe to eat by humans!

I love 2 birds with one stone scenarios!!

DUDE.. Stop right there..!!!

Do not, I repeat, DO NOT give Monsanto any more bright ideas..!!

edit on 4/14/2012 by Ironclad because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 04:19 AM
link   
As biotech advances we will see more and more stuff like this. Other places they are working on modified strains of E coli that output ready to use unleaded gas or jet fuel as a waste product. I hope that one day we'll wake up to a future where our landfills turn into massive bio remediation facilities which supply us with 70% or more of the resources we need to operate our society.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Fascinating. Mushrooms serve many purposes on this big old rock we call home. Not a huge fan of them though, I think most of them taste really gross. But I don't mind fried mushrooms once in a blue moon.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

I watched this video a few years back and have found it again. This guy has a pretty good theory on Mushrooms being "Manna" from the Bible. Give him a few minutes of your time and you'll see he has a pretty good point by using the Bibles description of Manna.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Ill eat mushrooms...count me in.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   

excellent post! the solution to the majority of mankinds problems are growing in our backyards as we speak. hopefully we will figure it out before we dig a hole for humanity 6 feet too deep

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheLieWeLive

I watched this video a few years back and have found it again. This guy has a pretty good theory on Mushrooms being "Manna" from the Bible. Give him a few minutes of your time and you'll see he has a pretty good point by using the Bibles description of Manna.

It is the manna of the bible, but we are hardly allowed to speak about it here. Check out my signature

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
www.disinfo.com... so i guess the united kingdom is gonna use them to treat depression and from what i gathered this has yet to be done any where so this should prove to be enlightening

We may be just a few years away from going to our neighborhood pharmacies for our monthly supply of medicinal mushrooms. From the Independent: Magic mushrooms could one day be prescribed for depression after Professor David Nutt, the controversial sacked government drugs advisor, claimed research on healthy volunteers proved what a mistake it was to abandon therapeutic psychedelic drugs more than 50 years ago. The first clinical trial into magic mushroom therapy could start by the end of the year after two small studies suggested the active chemical, psilocybin, had a profound affect on key regions of the brain.

www.independent.co.uk... heres to hoping we get a real cure for depression with much more fun side effects.....

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join