It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Major solar event coinciding with quakes

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

A paper from 1967. You'd think that after all these years that "significant tool" would have borne some fruit for earthquake prediction.

Please note that, in spite of the recent strong earthquakes there has been no "moderately high and fluctuating solar activity".

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Plus, plate tectonics hadn't even been widely accepted until 1968.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
The biggest solar flare ever recorded was on 4 November 2003.

On 4 November 2003, the largest solar flare ever recorded exploded from the Sun's surface, sending an intense burst of radiation streaming towards the Earth. Before the storm peaked, x-rays overloaded the detectors on the Geostationary Operational Environmental Satellites (GOES), forcing scientists to estimate the flare's size. Researchers from the University of Otago used radio wave-based measurements of the x-rays' effects on the Earth's upper atmosphere to revise the flare's size from a merely huge X28 to a "whopping" X45
Going by your theory we should have experienced a series of megaquakes resulting from this intense flare. The largest earthquake for the month of november 2003 was 7.8 at Rat Islands, Aleutian Islands, Alaska on the 17th nov... Nothing realy out of the ordinary there, and proof enough for me that this idea of a link between solar activity and earthquakes is nonsense.

Magnitude 7 and Greater Earthquakes in 2003 USGS:earthquake.usgs.gov...

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
But.... who are we blindly accepting answers from?

There in is the direct answer and direction to investigate.

Your data is false. The public feed is severely doctored. To prove this .......they will never once let an outsider
close to the real feed. Ever.

Search it yourself. Look for new answers. The beast is still the beast.....pick your topic.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I just noticed that, the Sun, Earth, and Saturn are, or will be aligned in the next day or two.

Do you guys think this alignment could be affecting the Sun or be causing the quakes?

I remember seeing a list of major earth quakes that had corresponding planetary alignments and the theory seemed reasonable.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 05:56 AM
link   
I've thought about the whole thing again and I've got this somewhat abstract Idea how changes to the Magnetosphere and Ionosphere might have an impact on global geological activity.

Theory goes, that the earth magnetic field is generated by a rotating core of molten iron.

Now imagine a simple magnet and its magnetic field. When I bring a second magnetic field into it, the forces applied on it will bounce back to the other magnet. Just try moving a field of opposite polarity towards it and you can gently push it away without ever touvhing it. Only makes sense.

Why wouldn't the earths core react in a similar way when its own magnetic field is being disturbed by outside forces. Of course its not so stong that the earth is pushed around, but I can imagine minor fluctuations in the shape and dynamics of the core up to a point that it has a direct impact on seismological activity, because any force applied to the core has nowhere else to go but to the tectonic plates surrounding it.

And don't tell me the gravitational effects are too weak to even measure, because I am talking about currently unknown forces at work, namely something like electro-gravity. Something mainstream science says that doesn't even exist.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join