It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Viking robots found life on Mars in 1976, scientists say

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
There was life on Mars a million years ago...but then they blew themselves up.

Sounding ominously familiar yet?

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23
There was life on Mars a million years ago...but then they blew themselves up.

Sounding ominously familiar yet?

Maybe a singularity occured as the explosions were going off, and they've been waiting for us to join them ever since.

Sounds weird? Well so does a race of Aliens blowing themselves up on Mars! I just refuse, and I mean flat out and totally refuse, to be negative about what might happen to us this year, because I think it's our collective mindset that helps decide things.

Delusional maybe, but I'm not harming anyone so....so be it.

Oh and can we get some confirmation on the fact that we're not alone yet? It's getting reaally tiresome.
edit on 16-4-2012 by robhines because: added

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien
Does this have anything to do with the monolith that NASA is reporting via Yahoo?

Get ready people.....the truth is about to come out!

I heard about the monolith on Mars and even the one on Phobos. Sooner or later they are going to have to tell us that not only life was on mars (and may continue to be on it), but also that a civilization was on it also.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Humans Have Ten Times More Bacteria Than Human Cells.
Looking at fossil bacteria in Martian rock (back then, soil) could be the same as looking at our soil today.
Funny, but are we looking at the Chicken, or the egg?

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
what kind of life?? single cell? or intelligent?

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by votan

what kind of life?? single cell? or intelligent?

Microbes, probably.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by sir_slide

I saw something leaving the atmosphere once, it was late in the year. October or November I think, 2008. When I got home I looked for shuttle/rocket launches on the web and found nothing. I don't know what it was but it was big and it was exiting the atmosphere.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I am all for Ron's approach.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by optimus primal

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
You have homeless people on the streets, so many looking for jobs, you have a welfare society and soon the universal healthcare cost will be higher than the nation's GDP but you want MORE funding to NASA???

NASA firstly won't tell you anything they find, they are more secretive than the soviets, plus you can't afford

Come on man

nasa's budget is less than 20 billion dollars. in 2010, entitlement spending was 2 trillion dollars. military spending in 2010 was roughly 530+ billion. federal education programs for 2010 were about 150billion.

nasa's budget is peanuts. you could cut the military budget in half, give it to nasa, and we'd still have the largest and most well armed military in the world. stop acting like 20 billion dollars is such a huge deal in relation to government spending.

The problem is NASA, they've become another bloated federal agency.

When 25 guys at an old airport in the desert can do what NASA does for pennies on the dollar, and with a better safety record, you have a problem.
edit on 27-4-2012 by AGWskeptic because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join