It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why the world hates Freemasonry..."Mainstream" or "Princehall" Freemasonry.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I was just wondering why there is so much hatred behind people's feelings when it comes to this particular fraternity of brothers. No need to be vicious, just voice your opinion if you choose to. I would like to think we are all ears.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
-People are automatically inclined to see secrecy as a 'bad' thing
-For myself after doing minor research I can't put my finger on how an organization who claims to want to better humanity, can allow so many ill-intentioned individuals to continue as members, ie: Kissinger to name one of many many people.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
The world does not hate Freemasonry
Some people do
Freemasons are people too - they come in all shapes, sizes and colours and like people some are honourable Human Beings seeking truth.
Take away the rituals, the symbols, fancy dress and labels and guess what -
They laugh, they cry, they love, they hate, they are born they die just like people.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by el1jah

The logic in what you are saying is completely understood, but then why is it that college greeks, who also operate on secrecy, are not concentrated on as well. I dont believe in defining an entire group of individuals based on the actions of the few. There have been members of many organizations that have done wrong by their organizations but continue to operate within those groups. Freemasonry wont "expell" or "suspend" you unless you violate its rules or regulations.....just like any large organization. I do find it sad that the masons get a horrible rap for the deeds of a few misguided folks.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by artistpoet

I apologize, it was a poor choice of words on my part. I do understand that people may not "hate" the freemasons, but as i surf this site, there is a lot of hate talk about the brotherhood.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by juggernaut0907

For me it is not hate at all, I dont hate anything, but the secrecy does make me wonder what the hell they are hiding, here in Orkney we have a bunch of elites and top job holders all meeting together in secrecy, strikes me that they are all moulding this place in the image of a few in a place where we cannot get hold of the records.

And we think that we have a say in matters, we dont and we never did.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
All Masons I've met have a sense of superiority to them, and when I've let it be known that their "secrets" are not secret, they still feign superiority. They're just pricks who think they're part of a special club.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by artistpoet
Some people do
Freemasons are people too - they come in all shapes, sizes and colours and like people some are honourable Human Beings seeking truth.
They laugh, they cry, they love, they hate, they are born they die just like people.

So what your saying without saying it is. Freemasons are also murderers, rapists, pedos and things of that nature?

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by DaTroof

It's just more of a sense of pride that comes with being a part of the brotherhood. Either way, being snobby or holding your nose in the air to a fellow human being isn't right. Its just like in any given work place, the hire-ups will look down on you because they dont think you are on their level. Believe me when i tell you that masonry does not applaud or condone that type of behavior. Its actually the opposite. So hopefully people wont judge masons by a few of the "elite" "feeling" ones (they really arent).

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by emberscott

Some people do

So what your saying without saying it is. Freemasons are also murderers, rapists, pedos and things of that nature?

No I am not saying that - those are your words
They are people is what I am saying and like people are capable of all the things people are capable of
You use all negative labels so to balance that I would say all people including Freemasons are capable of the best and the worst Humanity is

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I know a lot of UK masons and every one is a throughly nice gentleman, from a wide range of backgrounds and jobs.

Masons over here are more like Rotarians who have masonic rituals, certainly no slaughtering of any animals or summoning the devil.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by el1jah
-For myself after doing minor research I can't put my finger on how an organization who claims to want to better humanity, can allow so many ill-intentioned individuals to continue as members, ie: Kissinger to name one of many many people.
Do you have a credible source that Kissinger is a Freemason? I just did a web search and the only people seeming to be making such a claim are conspiracy sites. I don't see him listed in any list of famous Masons that can actually be backed up with a lodge number or initiation dates...

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by JoshNorton

AHA! So you masons do have a mainframe databank that lists all masons of past present and future!

Got you red handed Mr. Norton!
Confess this knowledge and reveal to the anti-masons and non-masons this internet code...

We Are Watching!

Also: Pinocchio The Thread Coming Soon...

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by juggernaut0907
reply to post by artistpoet

I apologize, it was a poor choice of words on my part. I do understand that people may not "hate" the freemasons, but as i surf this site, there is a lot of hate talk about the brotherhood.

Yes it appears to be so - Some look to blame all the ills of the world on one group or another
Look what happened to Knights Templar's and the accusations brought against them.
The herd mentality is very scary

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Pinocchio

Of course. Every lodge has records of all the minutes of each meeting, and also keeps close records of all current and past members.

That's a basic for any group or organization where you are required to pay dues to retain membership.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by W3RLIED2

Of course. Every lodge has records of all the minutes of each meeting, and also keeps close records of all current and past members.

That's a basic for any group or organization where you are required to pay dues to retain membership.

Thanks...

But I was only kidding... I'm not really an expose all or be not my friend kind of guy.
I read his post and thought exactly what I posted, but then I think I went too far with the idea.

TY again...

I don't know anything about why people hate/dislike Freemason.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Your welcome, and I understand. It's no worries though, since how a lodge operates is hardly a secret. It operates pretty much like every other NPO or small business would essentially.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by W3RLIED2

Amazingly... my WATS jumped a .01...

I was sure I'd get a karma point.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pinocchio

What's WATS please Pinocchio?

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pinocchio

What's WATS please Pinocchio?

That W on your profile link. It stands for "Way Above Top Secret" a.k.a. WATS.
They're grading your account according to your posts. If it makes sense and abides to rules you rise. If not you get K = Karma.
It has a formula the moderators use. It's measure by stars versus...
Then they conclude and add you a point.
edit on 12-4-2012 by Pinocchio because: typo

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join